CSIR-CCMB Biological Sciences Project Associate Recruitment – Apply Online
CSIR-CCMB Biological Sciences Project Associate Recruitment – Apply Online. CSIR – Centre for Cellular & Molecular Biology Recruitment. Biological Sciences & Bioinformatics jobs for MSc candidates. Check out all of the info on the dates, eligibility and more below:
This Job Expires In :
Notif: PN-5/2020 Dated: 09-09-2020
Advertisement and Guidelines for Project Associate I and Project Associate II positions – Aug 2020
- On-line Application Start Date: 10th Sept 2020
- Application Close Date: 20th Sept 2020
CSIR-CCMB is a premier constituent research Institute of the Council of Scientific as well as Industrial Research (CSIR), conducting research in frontier areas of modern biology. The objectives of the Centre are to conduct high-quality basic research and training in the areas of modern biology and also promote centralized national facilities for new and modern techniques in the inter-disciplinary areas of biology.
CSIR-CCMB is inviting applications for filling temporary staff positions to work on various funded projects. Applicants would certainly be screened via various objective criteria followed by an interview of a select number of candidates based on the merit list. The screening committee will adopt their criteria depending upon the number of applications and also the requirements of the projects. The successful candidates would be empanelled for recruitment into various projects. Details of the procedure and also guidelines are accessible via links provided on this portal.
Name of Post: Project Associate I
Position Code: PA-I
Upper Age Limitation: 35 years as on the application close date.
Name of Post: Project Associate II
Position Code: PA-II
Upper Age Limitation: 35 years as on the application close date.
- A possibility of continuing as a CCMB PhD student exists for very bright and committed Project Associate I and II by nomination with the Academy of Scientific and Innovative Research (AcSIR), nevertheless, the candidate is expected to meet the high standards of CSIR-CCMB’s research program and ideally possess a fellowship such as CSIR-UGC NET or equal. It should be noted that mere selection, as well as engagement as a Project staff, does not automatically qualify an applicant’s entry into CSIR-CCMB’s Ph. D. program.
- Project Staff will certainly be provided OPD medical facilities through CSIR-CCMB Dispensary for self only.
- Project Staff will be entitled to one day’s leave for each completed month’s service. Nonetheless, in extra-ordinary circumstances Principal Investigator of the Project and/or Director, CSIR-CCMB might provide relaxation in the regulations taking into consideration the exigency.
- Applicants appearing/appeared for the qualifying examination whose results are awaited can apply provided they produce necessary certifications of qualification at the time of interview/joining.
- CCMB reserves the right to reject interview of those applicants that can not produce evidence confirming that the candidate is in the final year/semester of the qualifying degree.
- Applicants applying for 2nd position (i.e., Project Associate II) are automatically qualified for the first position (i.e., Project Associate I) as well as do not need to apply separately for the first position.
- The positions of Project Staff are totally Short-term as well as on a contract basis under the externally funded/sponsored/Network/ various other project undertaken by CSIR-CCMB as well as is co-terminus with the project’s tenure.
- The selection of the candidates would be based on their performance criteria set by the institute during the interview. A panel of suitable students would certainly be generated after the interview. The validity of this panel would be for a duration of a maximum of one year or next selection, whichever is earlier.
- Empanelment does not provide an automatic guarantee of engagement. Recruitment into a specific project will certainly be solely based upon the requirement of the project and any kind of specific inquiry will not be entertained.
- Candidates that have actually completed their degree with requisite educational qualifications only need to apply.
- The engagement under project does not confer any type of right/claim whatsoever, either explicitly or implicitly on the appointee, for regular appointment in CSIR/ CCMB, against any post or otherwise under any kind of legal conditions or precedent.
- The age limit will be reckoned as on the last date of application.
- All the communication concerning the call for the interview will be only with e-mail.
- The terms and conditions of engagement of Project Staff might be amended periodically.
- Offer engagement could be given for short duration, i.e. 3 months/ 6 months/1 year, which may be extended further on the recommendations of the PI based on the requirement, up to the tenure of the Project.
- The performance of Project Staff would certainly be reviewed periodically so that candidates not found up to the mark, could be replaced.
- The difficulty of questions asked in the interview is at the qualifying examination level. While the questions will be primarily from a broad Biology discipline, there will certainly be sufficient focus on various other areas such as Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Statistics, General Awareness, Logical Reasoning, and also Aptitude.
- Applicants short-listed for interview will need to arrange on-line interview setup and make necessary arrangements on their own. No request pertaining to financial/technical support for any type of such issue will be entertained.
- Interviews will certainly be approximately 20-30 minutes and the candidate is expected to be available online during the day till the interview is over.
- Canvassing in any form will immediately render disqualification of the candidature.
For Post I
Essential Qualification: Master’s Degree in any kind of branch of Biological Sciences/Bioinformatics OR Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering/Technology/Medicine from a recognized University or equivalent.
Emolument: (i) Rs. 31000 each month + HRA as applicable to scholars who are chosen via (a) National Eligibility Tests – CSIR -UGC NET including lectureship or GATE, or (b) Selection process with National Level examinations conducted by central government departments and also their agencies as well as institutions; (ii) Rs. 25000 per month + HRA for others who do not fall under (i) above.
For Post II
Essential Qualification: Master’s Degree in any kind of branch of Biological Sciences/Bioinformatics OR Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering/Technology/Medicine from a recognized University or equal.
As Well As
2 years’ experience in Research and Development in Industrial and also academic institutions or Science and Technology Organizations and Scientific activities and services.
Emolument: (i) Rs. 35000 per month + HRA as applicable to scholars who are chosen with (a) National Eligibility Tests – CSIR-UGC NET including lectureship or GATE, or (b) Selection process via National Level examinations conducted by central government departments as well as their agencies and institutions; (ii) Rs. 28000/month + HRA for others who do not fall under (i) above.
Editor’s Note: CSIR-CCMB Biological Sciences Project Associate Recruitment – Apply Online, CCMB Recruitment, life science vacancies. Check out the Biotecnika Times Newsletter and also make sure you are following us on our YouTube channel for more on the latest in the Biosciences Industry.