Women Scientist Scheme Extension of Project Duration Due to COVID-19
Women Scientist Scheme Extension of Project Duration Due to COVID-19. Check out all of the details concerning the same below:
Government of India
Department of Science & Technology
New Mehrauli Road
Subject: Extension of Project Duration in Women Scientist Scheme (WOS-A & WOS-B) of
KIRAN Division due to COYID-19 pandemic.
In view of extraordinary situation occurred due to COYID-19 pandemic, it has been
decided to extend the project duration by Six (6) months without any additional cost.
2. This OM will ·be applicable only in the projects completing their tenure during
01.03.2020 – 30.09.2020 and will not be applicable in the projects getting over before
01.03.2020 and after 30.09.2020.
3. This OM will also applicable in the projects extended earlier vide OM No.
DST/KIRAN/11/2020 dated 20.04.2020. These projects can be further extended for six
months, if required, from the revised date of project completion.
4. The Principal Investigators (Pis) who wanted to extend their project duration may
show this Office Memorandum to the Institution/University authorities. No separate Order
will be issued for this duration.
5. The PI also need to intimate DST (officer-in-charge of the concern programme) about
extension and modified date of project closure through email mandatorily.
6. The unspent amount of recurring and non-recurring grant will be carry forward from
2019-20 to 2020-21. Pis are allowed to procure approved equipment items in second
financial year of the project also.
7. The institute will furnish to the DST, audited Utilization Certificate and Statement of
Expenditure pertaining to the grant immediately after the end of each financial year.
8. As per the 2.12 (i) of GFR, the accounts of the project shall be open to inspection by
sanctioning authority and audit both by the Comptroller and Auditor General of India under
the provision of CAG (DPC) Act, 1971 and internal audit by the Principal Accounts Officer
of DST, whenever the institute or organization is called upon to do so.
See Circular Below
Editor’s Note: Women Scientist Scheme Extension of Project Duration Due to COVID-19. Please make sure that you are subscribed to the Biotecnika Times Newsletter and our YouTube channel to be notified of all of the latest in the industry. Follow us on all of our social media like Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.