ICAR-IARI JRF & SRF Job Openings – Life Science/ Biotech Apply
ICAR-IARI JRF & SRF Job Openings – Life Science/ Biotech Apply. MSc Zoology /Plant Protection/Life sciences/ Biosciences can apply for research vacancies. Interested and eligible candidates can check job details, application procedure and such below:
This job expires in :
Division of Entomology
ICAR-Indian Agricultural Research Institute, New Delhi – 110012
Owing to the prevailing COVID-19 crisis, the eligible applicants are asked to send their application in the enclosed proforma together with a self-attested scanned copy of the original documents to the e-mail addresses as given below latest by September 4, 2020. After screening the applications, the eligible candidates will be informed about the details of an online interview (Date and Time) by email. Original documents will certainly be verified at the time of appointment. If any kind of applicant is found to have sent false claims at a later phase, their candidature will be summarily rejected.
Position Title: Senior Research Fellow (SRF)
Name of the Project: “Identification and validation of newer approaches for the management of whitefly, Bemisia tabaci (Hemiptera: Aleyrodidae) (2020-2023)”
Name of the PI: Dr S.Subramanian [email protected]
Position Title: JRF/SRF
Name of the Project: “Deploying biotechnology based decision making tools in post harvest grain pest management to enhance food security and market access”
Name of the PI: Dr S.Subramanian [email protected]
How to Apply:
- Age limitation: Maximum age 35 years for SRF/JRF (age relaxation of five years for SC/ST & women and three years for OBC) and Project Assistant: 50 years
- No objection and experience certificate from the employer in case he/she is in employment.
- The above posts are purely temporary and will be filled on contractual basis for an initial period of one year or project duration whichever is earlier, which may be extended on yearly basis after satisfactory performance of the incumbent till termination of the scheme. There is no provision of re-engagement after the termination of the scheme. Selected candidate shall not claim for regular appointment at this institute as the fellowship is co-terminus with respective scheme.
- Bio-data as per the format given in Annexure 1 should be submitted along with attested copies of 10th, 12th, Under-graduation, post-graduation, PhD and NET/GATE and other certificates required. Affix an attested recent passport size photograph in the Bio-data. The bio-data should contain Academic qualifications starting from 10th Standard to the maximum qualification with % marks obtained, distinction/medal if any. This is required for calculation of the academic score. If the candidates do not fill the marks and relevant attested certificates, the academic score will not be awarded.
- The interview for eligible candidates will be held online, the details of which will be communicated to eligible candidates by email. Reporting time for the online interview will be communicated and the candidate shall adhere to the instructions.
- The interview for eligible applicants will certainly be held online or according to additional instructions as received by ICAR-IARI office.
- The candidates will have to compulsorily fill in application form (as per the format annexed), all the scan certificates from matriculation onwards, date of birth certificate, degree certificate either original or provisional and a recent photograph enclosed onto the scan application form. Proof of experience and publications also need to be sent by email in one PDF.
- The selected candidate will be required to produce all the original documents and medical certificate at the time of joining.
- No TA/DA/ any other expenses will be paid for attending the interview.
- Only the candidates having essential qualifications would be entertained for the online interview.
For Post I
Salary: Rs. 31000 per month plus 24 percent HRA
Essential Qualifications: Masters degree in Zoology /Plant Protection/Life sciences/ Biosciences with 4/5 years bachelor’s degree. Those with 3 years bachelor’s degree must have UGC/CSIR/ICAR NET qualification or equivalent or PhD in any of the above disciplines.
Desirable Experience: Candidates with research experience in handling of insects
and exposure to molecular biological tools.
For Post II
Salary: As per DBT norms
Essential Qualifications: Masters degree in Zoology/Biotechnology /Life Sciences with 4 years / 5 years of Bachelors degree. Those with 3 years bachelor’s degree must have UGC/CSIR/ICAR NET qualification or equivalent or PhD in any of the above disciplines.
Desirable Experience: Candidates with research experience in insect bioassays/molecular biological tools.
See Notification & Download Application Format From Below
Editor’s Note: ICAR-IARI JRF & SRF Job Openings – Life Science/ Biotech Apply. Please make sure that you are subscribed to the Biotecnika Times Newsletter and our YouTube channel to be notified of all of the latest in the industry. Follow us on all of our social media like Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.