Biotech Online Poster Presentation
Online Digital Poster & Presentation In The Emerging Areas Of Biotechnology
Jointly Organized by KITS, ABLE & Biotecnika
Knowledge Partner: IISc & IBAB
Prize Sponsor : CosmosID & Stempeutics
The world is going through a difficult phase due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Like any other professionals, bioscience researchers and students are also affected by the whole pandemic situation and the lockdown. Most of them are anxious about the time they are losing doing nothing at their homes.
If you are a bioscience professional or a student, you could use this time of lockdown for your benefit, making it worthy. This is the time to expand your knowledge and showcase them. How about making a poster on one of the emerging areas in life science which you are skilled in, and publishing it on a very renowned online platform like Biotecnika? And what if you get rewarded too? Sounds great. Right?
Biotecnika, jointly with KITS, ABLE, Stempeutics, CosmosID, and knowledge partners IISc & IBAB, is here with a golden opportunity for life science researchers and students to showcase their skills and knowledge through a virtual poster presentation. You can choose any of the top 10 emerging areas in biotechnology and prepare a poster that is attractive and informative at the same time. The goal is to create awareness among researchers and students about these areas. Those who come up with the best posters will have the opportunity to present theirs live on Youtube. Attractive rewards will be waiting for the best presentation.
The Online Poster Presentation Must be based on the below-given topics:
The top 10 emerging areas in Biotechnology include;
- Bio Agriculture
- Marine Biotechnology
- Rare Disease Management
- Synthetic Biology
- Stem Cell and Regenerative Medicine
- Anti Microbial Resistance
- Medical Devices
- Date of Announcement: 5th August
- Online Briefing on Poster Presentation: 11th August 2020 at 11 AM (Instructions to upload the poster will be shared in this Webinar to all the registered participants)
- Last date to upload Poster: 10th September 2020
- Poster Presentation: 16th & 17th September 2020
- Announcement of Shortlisted Posters: 25th September 2020
- Final Live Presentation: 25th September
- Prize announcement: 28th September
Instructions & Guidelines for Biotecnika Online Poster Presentation
- The competition is open to all life science students and researchers.
- The poster should contain a title, abstract, and details of the candidate.
- The posters have to be submitted online before the deadline. Candidates can fill up all necessary information and upload the poster here.
- The poster should be attractive, informative, and easy to understand.
- Shortlisted candidates will be intimated via email and invited for the poster presentation.
- Non-shortlisted posters will be posted on the Biotecnika Website.
The best posters will be selected by a group of experts in biotechnology. And the final live presentation will be judged by both the experts and the audience. The best presentation will be chosen based on experts’ opinions and popular votes by the audience.
The winner of the Biotech online poster presentation will receive a cash prize worth Rs 20000 and, in addition, an opportunity for free Virtual Internship at CosmosID, USA
Biotech Online Poster Presentation
Frequently Asked Questions
- What kind of content can be included in the poster?
The poster should be created using the data from a research work you have done, either by analyzing data or by performing experiments yourself in the laboratory. You can also make a review poster using information from all the literature relevant to the topic, summarizing the various observations made, and interpreting the scope for further research. Posters made from an awareness point of view, discussing a particular technology, its applications, and recent advancements are also welcomed.
- The poster should be one’s own research work? Or it can be from data or review of the research publications?
The poster can either be your own research findings or it can be a review of published literature. Preference will be given for posters that you have done, either by analyzing data or by performing experiments yourself in the laboratory. Review poster must have proper references and originality in interpreting the results and the scope for further research.
- Should posters be digital or handmade?
The poster should be digital and of high-resolution PDF format only.
- Can I use content or images from other sources?
When submitting your poster to the Online Poster Presentation Competition, you confirm that
- The poster was original work produced by you.
- The contents of the posters do not infringe the copyright or any other right of any third party.
- That a review poster has only one image taken from another source and the original author of the image is cited.
- What should be the size and the format of the poster?
- The poster size should be A3 size or 3605 X 4961 pixels 300dpi (portrait without bleed).
- Each poster should have an abstract (Maximum 250 words) and be a part of the poster itself. The abstract should discuss the background, rationale, strategy, and results.
- There is no format prescribed for the content design of the poster.
- Can more than two members join for one poster presentation?
Yes, more than one author can collaborate for a poster presentation but only the first author will be allowed to present if the poster is selected for presentation. However, participation e-certificate will be given to all the authors in the project.
- How many posters a participant is allowed to present?
One participant can present only one poster which must be from any one of the TOP 10 emerging research area categories only.
- How many topics can be included in a single poster?
A single poster should discuss only one topic.
- Can I create a poster using the data from an already published paper of my own? Will that be considered as plagiarised?
No. One can use the data from your recently published research paper if the paper was published within the last six months period. However, the content should be still plagiarism-free, even though you can use the images from your paper. Also, make sure to mention in the abstract that the poster relates to an already published article.
- Is the Biotecnika platform safe to present unpublished data intended for later commercialization or grants?
All posters submitted are liable to be displayed for public view. Also, the finalist posters will be presented online during a live session. So it is the responsibility of the candidate himself to IP protect the data, if necessary.
Further, by participating in the competition, you grant KITS, ABLE and Biotecnika a royalty-free, worldwide, perpetual, non-exclusive license to reproduce, display and distribute entries, in whole or in part, in any media now existing or subsequently developed, for any educational, promotional, publicity, exhibition, archival, scholarly and to permit others to do so on their behalf for the same purposes. The organizers will use reasonable efforts to mark any images reproduced with a credit, if feasible. The organizers will not be required to seek any additional approval in connection with such uses.
- Is there a sample poster with guidelines available for reference?
No. There isn’t a sample poster available. The candidates are free to use their imagination for the poster.
- Are there different categories for undergraduate and postgraduate candidates? Can an undergraduate with no research experience participate in the poster presentation?
There aren’t different categories for undergraduates and postgraduates. All undergraduates, postgraduates, professionals, researchers, industrialists, and in fact, anyone enthusiastic about science can participate.
- Can I change the category of my poster later?
You can choose the desired category from the list during submission. Once submitted, candidates cannot change their poster category for reasons whatsoever.
- Is there a word limit for preparing the poster?
No. There isn’t a specific word limit for the poster. But make sure the font size is large enough to read.
- You will be eligible to present their posters on 10th September?
Only selected posters will be eligible for the presentation on 10th September.
- Will there be questions asked during the poster presentation on 10th September?
Yes. The candidates presenting the poster on 10th September will be asked questions by the jury during their presentation and few questions taken from the public from the chat box.
- Is there any opportunity to share the short-listed poster by the author/s or others in social media and other platforms.
Yes. A link to share the poster/s will be provided against short-listed posters in the Biotecknika website and the top three poster/s receiving most likes or downloads until the day of final presentation will be rewarded.
- Do you provide participation certificates for poster presentation?
Yes, all candidates who have submitted the poster will receive an e-certificate for participation.
19. Where can I ask if I have any more questions?
You can join Biotecnika Konnect Discussion Group here and ask all your questions