GATE 2021 Notification, Application Date, Deadline & Eligibility
GATE 2021 Notification, Application Date, Deadline & Eligibility. The official notification for the GATE 2021 Examination has been released. Check out all of the details on the same below:
INDIAN INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY BOMBAY
Publications & Public Relations
Powai, Mumbai-400 076, Maharashtra, India
Ph: 022-25767026-27; www.iitb.ac.in
GATE-JAM OFFICE, IIT BOMBAY is “Never SENDING ANY MAILS OR MESSAGES to GATE 2021 APPLICANTS”. PLEASE BE AWARE FROM PHISHING MAILS / MESSAGES.
GATE – 2021
Mumbai, July 25, 2020: IIT Bombay being the organising institute, it is being informed that
considering the present Covid-19 pandemic situation, the dates for the GATE-2021
examination have been spread out over a longer duration as 5th, 6th, 7th, 12th, 13th and 14th February 2021. The organising team led by Profs. Deepankar Choudhury, Upendra
Bhandarkar and Mohd. Aslam announced the following new initiatives to be effective
during GATE-2021 (today after the first meeting of the GATE-2021 committee):
- Two new subject papers are being started: ES (Environmental Science and Engineering) and XH (Humanities and Social Sciences), making the total number of subject papers to 27.
- To boost the opportunity to study in inter-disciplinary areas, unlike in the previous
year when a candidate could write only one subject paper, the candidate can now
opt for up to two subject papers (from a prescribed set of combinations) that the
exam calendar would permit.
- Eligibility criteria to appear for GATE-2021 is relaxed from the minimum 10+2+4
(ongoing) to minimum 10+2+3 (ongoing), enabling even those in the third year of
their undergraduate studies to appear for the examination, thus providing an additional opportunity to candidates to improve their performance to secure better career options.
- Details will be available at the official website: https://gate.iitb.ac.in
While lauding the new initiatives of the GATE-2021 committee, Prof. Subhasis Chaudhuri,
Director of IIT Bombay, said, “I am particularly delighted at the creation of much needed
new career opportunities for those in the Humanities and Social Sciences area as this may
serve as one single standardized criterion for admission to various masters and doctoral
programs in various IITs and other universities in India. Should any agency, for example,
various PSUs want to hire candidates with Humanities background, this new exam paper
in GATE will prove to be a great enabler!”
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is a national examination conducted jointly by Indian Institute of Science (IISc) Bangalore and seven Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) at Bombay, Delhi, Guwahati, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Madras and Roorkee on behalf of National Coordination Board (NCB)-GATE, Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Education (MoE), Government of India. GATE examination is a Computer Based Test (CBT).
Organising Institute for GATE 2021 is Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Bombay.
Qualifying in GATE is a mandatory requirement for seeking admission and/or financial assistance to Postgraduate Programs (Master’s and Doctoral) with Ministry of Education (MoE) and other Government Scholarships / Assistantships, subject to the admission criteria of the admitting institute.
The GATE score is also used by some Public Sector Undertakings (PSUs) for their recruitment and by several other universities in India and abroad for admissions.
GATE 2021 score will remain valid for THREE YEARS from the date of announcement of results.
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is basically a national examination on the comprehensive understanding of the candidates in various undergraduate subjects in Engineering / Technology / Architecture and post-graduate level subjects in Arts, Commerce and Science.
GATE 2021 will be conducted for 27 Subjects (also referred to as “papers”).
GATE 2021 examination will be conducted over six days and twelve sessions on Friday 5th, Saturday 6th, Sunday 7th, Friday 12th, Saturday 13th and Sunday 14th of February 2021.
The GATE examination is conducted in different cities across India as well as six cities outside India (In International centres, GATE-2021 will be conducted only if the current COVID-19 situation eases and travel and other restrictions are relaxed. Else GATE-2021 in international centres will be “CANCELLED”).
The GATE score would reflect the relative performance level of the candidate in a particular subject, which is quantified based on several years of examination data.
Highlights of GATE-2021
- Dates of examination: Friday 5th, Saturday 6th, Sunday 7th, Friday 12th, Saturday 13th and Sunday 14th February, 2021. There are two sessions (forenoon and afternoon) each day.
- Fully Computer Based Test (CBT).
- Two NEW subject papers are introduced:
1. ES (Environmental Science and Engineering)
2. XH (Humanities and Social Sciences) in Economics / English / Linguistics / Philosophy / Psychology / Sociology.
- Total number of subject papers: 27
- Syllabi of all subject papers have been revised for GATE 2021.
- All Test Papers of GATE 2021 will be entirely objective type. Pattern of questions may include
1. Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ),
2. Multiple Select Questions (MSQ), and/or
3. Numerical Answer Type (NAT) questions.
- ONE or TWO subject papers allowed. TWO Paper combinations have to be chosen from the given list of combinations of papers. Final allotment of TWO papers will still be subject to availability of infrastructure and dates.
- Eligibility criteria is relaxed. A Candidate who is currently studying in th 3rd or higher years of any undergraduate degree program OR has already completed any Government approved degree program in Engineering / Technology / Architecture / Science / Commerce / Arts is eligible to appear for GATE-2021 examination.
- There is NO age limit to appear for GATE 2021 examination.
- Applications will be accepted ONLINE only through GATE-2021 website link GOAPS.
- GATE-2021 score card will remain valid for THREE years from the date of announcement of results.
- Depending on COVID-19 situation, the schedule of the GATE 2021 examination may change.
- Due to COVID-19 related international travel restrictions, examinations at the International Centres may be dropped, if situation is not conductive by end of November 2020.
- Details available at the official website: https://gate.iitb.ac.in
- Organising Institute: Indian Institute of Technology Bombay (IIT Bombay).
GATE 2021 – Eligibility Criteria (NO AGE LIMIT)
The following candidates are eligible to appear in GATE 2021 examination
A candidate who is currently studying in the 3rd or higher years of any undergraduate degree program OR has already completed any government approved degree program in Engineering / Technology / Architecture / Science / Commerce / Arts.
GATE is NOT an admission ensuring examination. Qualifying in GATE examination does NOT guarantee admission / scholarship.
Admission to any institute is fully dependent on the admitting institute’s criteria for educational qualification. Similarly, GATE qualification does not assure a Public Sector Undertaking (PSU) job, as it depends on the recruitment procedure of the concerned PSU.
GATE committee is NOT liable for any legal obligations related to admission / job.
Maximum Two papers in GATE 2021
A candidate may appear either in ONE or TWO subject papers. For candidates who choose TWO papers, the combination must be from the approved list of combinations and subject to the availability of infrastructure and date.
GATE 2021 Papers
Note : Environmental Science and Engineering (ES) and Humanities and Social Sciences (XH) are two new papers introduced in GATE-2021.
Note : Candidates opting to appear in TWO subject papers must have primary choice of paper, which will be their default choice and the second choice of paper, which has to be chosen from the allowed combinations.
GATE 2021 does NOT take any responsibility of wrong choices of either primary (first) or second paper as well as both papers by candidate. For change of paper, the candidate has to request for change by paying appropriate fee.
GATE is NOT an admission ensuring examination.
Qualifying GATE examination does NOT guarantee admission / scholarship / jobs. Admission to any institute is fully dependent on the admitting institute’s criteria for educational qualification. Also for job in some of the PSUs who use GATE score are not ensured, as that solely depends on respective PSUs.
GATE committee is NOT liable to any legal obligations related to admission/job.
GATE-JAM office conducts GATE and JAM examinations for admission to post graduate programmes.
The Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is an all-India examination conducted in eight zones across the country jointly by Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore and seven Indian Institutes of Technology (at Bombay, Delhi, Guwahati, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Madras & Roorkee) on behalf of the National Coordinating Board (NCB), Ministry of Human Resources Development (MHRD), Government of India. Admission to post graduate programmes with MHRD and some other government scholarship/ assistantship at engineering colleges/ institutes in the country are open to those who qualify through GATE.
Organizing Institute for GATE 2021 is IIT Bombay.
- Phone: 022-25767068, 25767022
- Email: [email protected], [email protected]
- Send Queries/Comments to [email protected]
GATE 2021 – Important Dates
|GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS) Website Opens||Monday||14th September 2020|
|Closing Date of REGULAR online registration / application portal||Wednesday||30th September 2020|
|End of EXTENDED period for online registration / application
(with late fee)
|Wednesday||7th October 2020|
|Last Date for change of category, paper and examination city
(an additional fee will be applicable)
|Friday||13th November 2020|
|Availability of Admit Card on the Online Application Portal
(for download and printing)
|Friday||8th January 2021|
|GATE 2021 Examination
Forenoon: 9:00 AM to 12:00 Noon (Tentative)
Afternoon: 3:00 PM to 6:00 PM (Tentative)
|5th February 2021
6th February 2021
7th February 2021
12th February 2021
13th February 2021
14th February 2021
|Announcement of results in the Online Application Portal||Monday||22nd March 2021|
- The health and safety of the candidates are of utmost priority. Due to current COVID-19 pandemic situation, dates mentioned here are subject to change.
- In rare cases, it may be necessary to postpone the GATE 2021 examination because of situations beyond the control of GATE committee.
- All updates will be available on this website.
See Brochure Below
See Press Release Below
Editor’s Note: GATE 2021 Notification, Application Date, Deadline & Eligibility. Please make sure that you are subscribed to the Biotecnika Times Newsletter and our YouTube channel to be notified of all of the latest in the industry. Follow us on all of our social media like Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.