ICRISAT Bioinformatics Job – PhD Candidates Apply Online
ICRISAT Bioinformatics Job – PhD Candidates Apply Online. ICRISAT hiring for research vacancies, and phd bioinformatics candidates with mentioned qualifications are eligible. Check out all the details posted below on the same:
This job expires in :
Name of Job: Research Associate – Bio-informatics and Data Science
No. of Posts: 01
How to Apply:
Applicants should apply on or before 5 July 2020 with latest Curriculum Vitae, and the names and contact information of three referees who are knowledgeable about your professional qualifications and work experience. All applications will be acknowledged; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please CLICK HERE to submit your application.
Deadline: on or before 5 July 2020
- To handle large-scale Next-Generation Sequencing as well as multi-platform data analysis
- Genome assembly and also support analysis of large scale crop genome data
- Writing software/tools, to aid in interactive data visualization as well as pipelines
- Aiding with handling High-Performance Linux distributions
- Exploring public biological databases and open-source informatics and also statistical tools, suggest integration approaches to enhance the analysis.
- Extending Help to the team with writing structured proposals, reports, and also projects etc.
- Applicants ought to have a PhD in bioinformatics or any type of related field, complemented by a minimum of 1-year experience in NGS as well as programming
- Working experience in analyzing large datasets (raw sequencing data, gene expression, germline, and also somatic mutational events, copy number variants, methylation, etc.);
- A skilled programmer in an object-oriented language. Experience in programming (Python advantage) is desirable. Along with Knowledge of software development best practices, eg, modular design, source code version control, unit test, continuous integration, etc.
- Experience with bioinformatics resources, databases, tools, and also common standard formats.
- Experience making use of existing scientific workflow systems, such as WDL/ Snakemake, etc is an asset.
- Solid team-working skills with previous experience of completing collaborative projects on time.
- Excellent communication abilities (both written as well as oral) with the capability to communicate complex ideas and info.
- Should be capable of handling High-Performance Clusters and Linux distributions.
- Keen interest in crop science, as well as hybrid genome assembly, is an added advantage.
This is a consolidated position for three years and renewable depending on the functioning of the incumbent, funding availability, and also the Institute’s ongoing requirement for the position.
Editor’s Note: ICRISAT Bioinformatics Job – PhD Candidates Apply Online, icrisat recruitment. Please make sure that you are subscribed to the Biotecnika Times Newsletter and our YouTube channel to be notified of all of the latest in the industry. Follow us on all of our social media like Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.