ICRISAT Project Associate Statistical Genomics Recruitment
ICRISAT Project Associate Statistical Genomics Recruitment – Apply Online. ICRISAT hiring for research vacancies, and msc candidates with mentioned qualifications are eligible. Check out all the details posted below on the same:
This job expires in :
Name of Job:Project Associate – Statistical Genomics
No. of Posts: 01
How to Apply:
Applicants should apply on or before 18 May 2020 with latest Curriculum Vitae, and the names and contact information of three referees who are knowledgeable about your professional qualifications and work experience. All applications will be acknowledged; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please CLICK HERE to submit your application.
Deadline: on or before 18 May 2020
- Perform analysis of NGS datasets falling statistical genetics such as Linkage mapping, genome-wide association study (GWAS) from germplasm/ bi-parental/multi-parental mapping populations for the desirable traits.
- Implement genomic and phenotypic datasets on various mathematical models from the perspective of predictive modelling and machine learning techniques with R as well as python packages.
- Explore the statistical ways to analyse, interpret and also present from the data.
- Coordinate closely with the IRRI HQ team, IRRI-SA team, project partners, various other NAREs collaborators.
- Engage with ISARC to aid build capacity in statistical genomics of NAREs partners.
Qualifications and Experience:
- M. Sc in bioinformatics/computational biology/statistics/ maths/ computer science with a minimum of 1 year of post-MSc experience in the relevant area.
- Respectable publication record, as evidenced by research papers in refereed journals.
- Knowledge of prediction from parametric as well as non-parametric models.
- Aptitude to work collegially and also collaboratively in diverse, multicultural environments.
- Have to have deep knowledge in association mapping models.
- Experience in scientific programming in Python and R.
- Excellent statistical knowledge as well as use software as well as packages.
- Extensive experience in handling big datasets.
This is a consolidated position for 32 months and renewable depending on the functioning of the incumbent, funding availability, and also the Institute’s ongoing requirement for the position.
Editor’s Note: ICRISAT Project Associate Statistical Genomics Recruitment – Apply Online, icrisat recruitment. Please make sure that you are subscribed to the Biotecnika Times Newsletter and our YouTube channel to be notified of all of the latest in the industry. Follow us on all of our social media like Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.