ICRISAT Genetics Project Scientist – Quantitative Genetics Job
ICRISAT Genetics Project Scientist – Quantitative Genetics Job – Apply Online. ICRISAT hiring for research vacancies, and phd candidates with mentioned qualifications are eligible. Check out all the details posted below on the same:
This job expires in :
Name of Job: Project Scientists – Quantitative Genetics.
No. of Posts: 01
How to Apply:
Applicants should apply on or before 15 May 2020 with latest Curriculum Vitae, and the names and contact information of three referees who are knowledgeable about your professional qualifications and work experience. All applications will be acknowledged; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please CLICK HERE to submit your application.
Deadline: on or before 15 May 2020
- Mine large genotypic and phenotypic datasets, cleaning of the datasets and apply biometric approaches to study genotype by environment interactions
- Establish genomic selection models for the targeted traits and validate the models on the obtained progenies for predicting the individual performances
- Study trait-environment relationships and genotype-by-environment interactions for multiple traits and evaluate expected genetic gain for alternative breeding strategies enabled by genomic selection.
- Actively participate in the strategic planning and research meeting of Rice Breeding Planform and Rice Breeding SA Cluster
- Coordinate closely with the IRRI HQ team (RB Platform), ICRISAT team, ISARC team, project partners, other NAREs collaborators
- Engage with ISARC to help build capacity in modernizing breeding programs and for the effective transfer of knowledge, technology, and strategy.
Qualifications and Experience:
- PhD in quantities genetics/statistics with 1-2 years of post-PhD experience in the genomic selection/quantitative genetics
- High-quality publication record as evidenced by research papers in refereed journals in the area of GS/modelling
- Extensive experience in quantitative genetics
- Aptitude to work collegially and collaboratively in diverse, multicultural environments.
This is a Consolidated Position for 32 months and renewable depending on the functioning of the incumbent, funding availability, and also the Institute’s ongoing requirement for the position.
Editor’s Note: ICRISAT Genetics Project Scientist – Quantitative Genetics Job, icrisat recruitment. Please make sure that you are subscribed to the Biotecnika Times Newsletter and our YouTube channel to be notified of all of the latest in the industry. Follow us on all of our social media like Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.