IISER Tirupati PhD Admission 2020 August – Applications Invited
The official announcement for the IISER Tirupati PhD Biology Program Admissions August 2020 has been made and the application portal has been opened. Interested applicants can check out all of the details on the course offers, the minimum eligibility criteria, additional eligibility criteria and application procedure and such below:
This call expires in :
Last date for submission of applications for PhD & I-PhD program has been extended till 15th May 2020
Last date for application is extended to 01st May 2020
ADMISSION TO PHD PROGRAM– August 2020
IISER Tirupati invites applications from prospective candidates for admission to the PhD programme, August 2020. IISER Tirupati admits students in the disciplines of Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics, Earth and Climate Sciences and associated interdisciplinary areas of research. In addition to research, the programme involves coursework and teaching assistantship.
The department-specific eligibility criteria for August 2020 admissions are given below. Information about individual faculty profiles and areas of research can be obtained from the IISER Tirupati website. .
In this round, the departments of Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics will admit students. The broad areas of research, important dates and eligibility criteria in each department are as follows:
Plant Biology, Developmental and Stem Cell Biology, Bioinformatics and Systems Biology, Biophysics and Single Molecule Spectroscopy, Neurobiology, Infection Biology, Molecular Microbiology, Cancer Biology, Ecology and Evolutionary biology.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR BIOLOGY:
- Students with minimum 55% marks in aggregate (overall percentage including all subjects) or CGPA 6.0 on a 10-point scale in Master’s degree in any branch of Science Physics/ Chemistry/ Mathematics/Biological Sciences/ Ecological Sciences/Agricultural Sciences/ Psychology M.Tech/ M.VSc or MBBS degree or any equivalent degree.
- Candidates with BE/B. Tech degree with minimum 60% marks in aggregate (overall percentage including all subjects) or CGPA 6.5 on a 10-point scale can also apply.
- IISER BS-MS (All IISERs) Dual degree students with CGPA >= 8.0 are eligible without the additional eligibility criteria listed on the right column
Additional Eligibility Criteria:
- JGEEBILS 2019 (or)
- DBT-JRF-A / ICMR-JRF / DBT-BINC / ARS-NET (ICAR)/ UGC-CSIR JRF/ DST-INSPIRE (or)
- For CSIR-LS rank-holders, up to rank 200 are eligible (or)
- For DAE-JEST/GATE rank-holders, up to rank 100 for GATE (Life Sciences), up to rank 300 GATE (Ecology) are eligible.
Only online applications will be accepted. Applicants can send their forms for the Biology discipline in the following link:
General Information to the Applicants:
The applicant MUST have:
A. Qualified a minimum of ONE of the above mentioned extra eligibility criteria.
B. A valid CSIR/UGC-JRF or CSIR/UGC NET-LS or INSPIRE-Ph. D. fellowship.
C. IISER BS-MS (All IISERs) Dual degree students having CGPA >= 8.0.
2. The fellowships/scores/ranks must be valid at least till Jan 2020. Please keep in mind that the admission standards can change during the next round of admission.
3. SC/ST, PD and also KILOMETRES (Kashmiri migrant) applicants percentage may be kicked back with 5% or 0.5 in case of CGPA.
4. Applicants in the final year of their certifying degree are also qualified to apply. Nevertheless, their last selection is subject to their successful conclusion of the qualifying degree with the above-mentioned requirements at the time of admission. A provisionary degree certification is compulsory at the time of admission (Scheduled to be 1st Jan 2020).
The shortlisted candidates will be called for interview as well as final selection is based on interview performance.
TA/DA will be provided to the SC/ST/PD students appearing for the interview according to institute standards.
Applying does not automatically ensure that a candidate will be shortlisted for interview. The respective departments might use added criteria (based on scholastic performance and/or performance in the nationwide level tests) to shortlist applicants for interviews.
Upon selection and subsequently joining the PhD program, applicants who do not have any CSIR, DBT and INSPIRE, will be eligible for institute fellowship at par with CSIR, DBT etc., however without HRA component.
- All communication with applicants will be by email only.
- Kindly check this website for periodic updates.
- In case of any application-related specific queries, please contact the respective departments with your application number mentioned in the subject at the adhering to e-mail addresses:
Candidate should not be greater than 28 yrs at the time of joining. Age relaxation of 3yrs will be given for OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) and 5 years for SC/ST/PD/ Female applicants. Applicants belonging to reserved category will need to submit pertinent certifications if selected. Relaxation may also be given whenever suitable applicants are not available, in exceptional circumstances.
- Opening date of Online Application: March 11, 2020
- Closing date of Online Application:
April 30, 2020Last date for application is extended to 01st May 2020
- Announcement of Shortlisted Candidates for the Interview: May 10-15, 2020 (Tentative)
- Interview of Shortlisted Candidates: June 1-6 (Tentative)
- Announcement of Interview Results: July, 2020 (Tentative)
- Registration of PhD Programme: 31st July 2020 (Tentative)
Editor’s Note: IISER Tirupati PhD Admission 2020 August – Applications Invited. IISER Tirupati Biology PhD Admission August 2020, IISER PhD Biology Program August 2020. Please make sure that you are subscribed to the Biotecnika Times Newsletter and our YouTube channel to be notified of all of the latest in the industry. Follow us on all of our social media like Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.