CCMB Summer Training Program 2020
CCMB Summer Training Program 2020. MSc students from any science background are encouraged and eligible to apply for the CCMB Summer Training Programme 2020. For more details on the eligibility, selection procedure, application procedure and such, check all of the information posted below:
This call expires in :
CCMB Summer Program-2020: [email protected]
Application for the Summer Program 2020 may be downloaded (Zipped pdf file). Completed application (Hard copy) for your program MUST reach CCMB by 25/01/2020. The names of the Selected candidates will be made available on CCMB homepage during the middle of February 2020; here, it could be noted that no individual intimation will be sent to any candidate, and so all candidates have to search for his/her name in the’selection list’ on the CCMB homepage only.
A committee nominated by the Director, CCMB, chooses the trainees. Among the important criteria used in selection is the chosen candidates should reflect the Nation-wide coverage of different Indian states (dependent on the location of their academic institutions but independent of their birthplace, sex, caste or religion). ‘Statement of purpose’ and also the ‘Recommendation/reference Letter’ are several other important factors in the choice of candidates alongside the academic record. A couple of seats (~5%) are reserved, each for the children of serving CCMB employees, and for applicants chosen by the AcSIR.
The amount of trainees’ intake fluctuates between 50 – 60 candidates, and largely is contingent on the availability of bench space with different staff scientists of CCMB. On average, we get ~800 applications.
Support / Boarding / Lodging:
CCMB won’t offer any financial aid for lodging or boarding. Each of the selected candidates is needed to self-finance their stay in CCMB/Hyderabad. The candidates are expected to make their own arrangement for the stay in Hyderabad during the training period, though CCMB may consider specific requests only from outstation students, especially female students for shared accommodation in CCMB housing facility based on the availability of vacant flats/space.
- It is evident in our experience in earlier years, the competition is quite high for the few available seats with an average chance of selection being only 10 percent.
- Applications for Summer Program 2020 MUST be submitted as a hard copy. The application incomplete in any respect will be rejected/not considered.
- Requests/applications for the program sent before this notification won’t be considered. Such a candidate should apply again using the prescribed application form.
- There’s no FEE for the training program as well as accommodation during the 60-day stay at CCMB.
- The decision of the Selection committee concerning the selection of candidates will be final.
- Canvassing in any form and/or bringing in almost any influence, political or otherwise, will be treated as a disqualification.
- Selected candidates are expected to have cleared their final examinations (1st years in the event of M.Sc. Students, 6th semester in the event of B.Tech. Students and 8th semester in the event of 5-year Integrated B.Tech- M.Tech. Students) prior to joining the program and are needed to bring the documentary proof for exactly the same. On the flip side, for students, whose results might be awaited at that time, students would have to provide a certification from their college certifying that – that the student has appeared for the final exams, and that the outcomes are yet to be declared.
- All candidates chosen for the program will need to spend a minimum period of 60 days in CCMB without any break.
- This is one of the most important requirements and accordingly, all candidates will need to furnish a certification from their Head of their Department/Competent authority of their college/institute for this effect (see the Application form for instructions).
Mailing address for application:
Summer Program 2020
Centre for Cellular & Molecular Biology (CCMB)
Please mention on top of the envelope “Application for Summer Training 2020”
It may be noted that the CCMB Won’t Be responsible for any omission of Name from the listing of candidates that may result from ‘Loss and/or Delayed Receipt’ of applications due to postal mishandling/ loss/ delay.
The program is for the duration of 60 days (~eight weeks) in the months of May-July 2020.
- Last date for receipt of Application in CCMB: 25 January 2020
- List of the selected candidates on CCMB homepage: Middle of February 2020.
(There will NOT be any separate letter of intimation to the selected candidates)
Last date for selected candidates to inform their:
- Acceptance to CCMB/Program Coordinator: 29 February 2020
- Tentative date to join CCMB/the program: 20th May – 3rd Jun 2020
(No candidate will be allowed to join after 3rd June under any circumstance)
CCMB Summer Program-2020: [email protected]
it’s not a conventional classroom lectures based training program. Rather, each chosen candidate/trainee is going to be assigned to a CCMB staff scientist that will supervise/mentor him/her throughout the stay. Each pupil is expected to execute a small project work under the guidance of this scientist. In the close of the program, the student will have to submit a ‘Project Report’ of this work done and would be asked to make an oral presentation.
The program is principally meant to give pupils a real-time exposure/hands-on experience to a research environment, in the expectation it might inculcate in them a zeal for research because of a prospective career.
Although, attempts are made to take under consideration that the’statement of purpose’/research interest of the chosen students (while assigning to different scientists ), but it’s usually not possible in most instances; as the allotments are primarily depending on the availability of working place(s) in various labs and not the other way round. Thus, only those students should submit an application for the training program that is all set to operate in any lab of CCMB, if chosen, no matter their stated research interest.
The training program is Available to students from all branches of sciences and open to Indian Universities/Research Institutes.
- M.Sc. Program: Students admitted in the year 2019 and will finish their 1st year in June/July 2020
- 4 Year B.Tech. Program: Students admitted in the year 2017 and will finish their 6th Semester in June/July 2020.
- 5-year Integrated B.Tech.-M. Tech. Or MBBS course: Students admitted in the year 2016 and will finish their 8th Semester in June/July 2020; MBBS students in any year of the study can apply.
M. Tech. Students aren’t eligible.
Computer science students with a flair for biology may also apply.
Note: The selected students are requested to give their confirmation for attending the programme by sending mail to [email protected] latest by February 29, 2020.
Download Application Format
View Notification Below
Editor’s Note: CCMB Summer Training Program 2020 – Biotech & Life Science, CCMB Summer Program-2020. Centre for Cellular & Molecular Biology Summer Training Program 2020. Biotecnika Times Newsletter is a free subscription service that you can sign up for and also, we have a Podcast that is available on SoundCloud for free as well.