Scholarship For Indian Students at Queensland University, Australia
Exclusive Scholarship for Indian Students at Queensland University, Australia. Indian Nationals are encouraged to apply for the School of Chemistry & Molecular Biosciences Indian Scholarship at Queensland University, Australia. Interested and eligible candidates can check out all of the details on the same below:
This call expires in :
|Enrolment status||New students|
|Student type||International students|
|Level of study||Postgraduate|
|Study area||Science and Mathematics|
|Scholarship value||50% of tuition fees and 100% SSAF for the minimum duration of the program|
|Scholarship duration||Duration of the program|
|Number awarded||Up to 4|
|Opening date||1 November 2019|
|Closing date||31 March 2020|
The objective of the Scholarship is to promote and reward students from India studying postgraduate coursework programs administered by the School of Chemistry & Molecular Biosciences at The University of Queensland.
The Senate might award as much as four scholarships annually on the recommendation of the Associate Dean (Academic).
One of every two scholarships will be awarded to a student eligible to enrol in the Master of Biotechnology Research Extensive (24 unit or 32 unit) program.
The value of the scholarship is 50% of the tuitionfees payable for the minimum number of units required to finish the program by the student who is granted the scholarship, for every semester for which it is held.
The scholarship was established in 2011 and is maintained by the School of Chemistry and also Molecular Biosciences in the Faculty of Science.
To be eligible, you must:
- send an application to the Head, by the closing date for applications
- be a citizen of India
- have achieved a GPA (or overseas equivalent) of 80% over 7 semesters of undergraduate studies or 75% over 8 semesters of undergraduate studies at a higher education institution in India
- have the ability to commence as an international student (in accordance with the University’s Fee Policy) in Australia on a student visa.
Prior to you applying
If this scholarship has guidelines, download as well as review them before applying.
How to apply
To apply, send the application form by the relevant closing date:
- for applications for Semester 1 (March) enrolment, the closing date is 31 October annually.
- for applications for Semester 2 (July) enrolment, the closing date is 31 March each year.
- For the selection process, the Head must establish a selection committee, making up a minimum of 3 directors of postgraduate coursework programs administered by the School of Chemistry as well as Molecular Biosciences. The Head will designate a chairperson from those appointed to the selection committee.
- The Scholarship is granted to the applicant showing greatest merit as demonstrated by:
a. academic achievement in undergraduate studies; as well as
b. strength of interest demonstrated in the pertinent field of postgraduate coursework study; and also
c. personal qualities, consisting of leadership capacity; and also
any other matter that the selection committee considers being relevant to the candidate’s future professional success in the appropriate field of postgraduate coursework study.
d. the selection committee will rank the top six applicants, as well as the Associate Dean (Academic), will then choose the successful candidate( s).
Terms and conditions
The recipient may hold the Scholarship for the Minimum Completion Time of the Approved Program, subject to the recipient:
a. continue to be enrolled full-time in the relevant program, unless or else exempted by the Head; and
b. achieving a GPA of at least 4 for each semester of study in which the recipient holds the scholarship; and
c. resuming study after an approved interruption of as much as 1 year, as approved by the Head; and
d. being eligible to continue to hold a student visa.
If the recipient fails to satisfy the rules, the student must show cause to the Head why the scholarship must not be terminated.
The recipient may be required by the Associate Dean (Academic) to pay the complete tuition fee of any course that is repeated.
Minimum Completion Time, suggests the minimum period of time it would take a student to finish the rest of the program in which the recipient is enrolled when the recipient is awarded the Scholarship.
Applications close: 31 March 2020
School of Chemistry and Molecular Biosciences
(07) 3365 3925
Editor’s Note: scholarship for Indian students, international scholarships for Indian students, Queensland university scholarships, Australian scholarships for Indian students, Indian scholarships, check out the Biotecnika Times Newsletter and also follow us on all of our social media. And check out the Podcast that we have for free listen on SoundCloud.