Kendriya Vidyalaya Biology Jobs
How Biotech & Life science Candidates Can Apply For Jobs at Kendriya Vidyalaya
KVS – Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan established in the year 1962 runs the longest chain of schools in India. As of 2010 statistics, it had a total of 1067 functional schools in different states of India with approximately 1060011 students. There are three KVS schools in other countries as well including Kathmandu, Tehran, and Moscow.
The principal objective behind the establishment of Kendriya Vidyalaya was to provide education under a common program throughout India. KV schools are affiliated to the Central Board of Secondary Education and the syllabus and study material is developed by NCERT. Primarily education is catered to the children of transferable employees of the Government of India- Defence, Para-Military, etc., and others including those living in remote & undeveloped locations.
Apart from maintaining uniformity by following a common syllabus and common textbooks throughout, Kendriya Vidyalaya aims for excellence in school education at basic minimum fees. The course work in the bilingual medium. The system followed is of co-educational and composite from class 1 to 12. In collaboration with other institutes like CBSE and NCERT, it promotes educational research, training, and innovations in education. To maintain good quality teaching a high ratio of a teacher-pupil ratio is maintained. From a financial point of view, it is quite affordable with no tuition fee for boys and girls up to class 8 and 12, respectively. Even similar benefits are provided to SC/ST students and children of KVS employees.
The final objective of Kendriya Vidyalaya is to inculcate the spirit of unity in diversity, national integration and create a sense of “Indianness” among children. Further, put an impetus on the overall growth of children in our country and develop a united, prosperous and progressive society for a better-developed future.
A total of 1,196 Kendriya Vidyalayas are present in India in the below-listed states.
- Andaman and Nicobar Islands
- Andhra Pradesh
- Arunachal Pradesh
- Dadra and Nagar Haveli
- Daman and Diu
- Himachal Pradesh
- Jammu & Kashmir
- Madhya Pradesh
- Tamil Nadu
- Uttar Pradesh
- West Bengal
Biology related Job Opportunities at Kendriya Vidyalaya
Recruitment of teachers is done by Kendriya Vidyalaya from time to time as per requirement. The recruitment might be for all India basis where posting can be anywhere, in any school or individual Kendriya Vidyalayas. Both regular and temporary recruitment is done for the post of Trained Graduate Teachers (TGT) & Post Graduate Teachers (PGT) for secondary and senior secondary level.
Biotech life science candidates are eligible for both TGT and PGT -Biology posts. The salary expected for these posts is in the range of approx. Rs. 30,000 to 35,000.
Kendriya Vidyalaya hires for the below posts on a regular basis:
- Post Graduate Teachers (PGT) – Biology
- Post Graduate Teachers (PGT) – Biotechnology
- Trained Graduate Teacher (TGT) – Biology
- Trained Graduate Teacher (TGT) – Biotechnology
- Trained Graduate Teacher (TGT) – Science
TGT – Trained Graduate Teachers (TGT)
- The essential qualification for Biology students to get into Kendriya Vidyalaya is either four years Integrated degree course in the concerned subject from Regional College of Education, NCERT with at least 50% marks in aggregate or Bachelor’s Degree with at least 50% marks in the concerned subjects from a recognized university. In the latter case, it is mandatory to have an additional B.Ed degree from a recognized university and should have cleared the Central Teacher Eligibility Test (CTET), conducted by CBSE.
PGT – Post Graduate Teachers (PGT)
- The essential qualification is either two years Integrated Post Graduate M.Sc course in concerned subject from Regional College of Education, NCERT with at least 50% aggregate or,
- Masters Degree in Botony/Zoology/Life Sciences/ Bio. Sciences/ Genetics/Micro Biology/Bio-Technology/ Molecular Bio/ Plant Physiology given that they’ve researched Botany and Zoology at Graduation level from a recognized university with at least 50% aggregate marks. But in case a candidate is having a Masters’s Degree from another university it is mandatory to have B.Ed or equivalent degree from a recognized university.
For both the posts the candidates are expected to be well versed and have teaching proficiency in both English and Hindi languages. Additionally, having knowledge of computer application is a desirable qualification.
How To Apply:
- For Kendriya Vidyalaya Biology Jobs – eligible candidates are expected to apply in the prescribed application format along with a copy of essential documents within the last date of application as per the instructions are given in the advertisement.
- In most of the advertisements Apply online option is present but many a time walk-in interviews are scheduled at the respective Kendriya Vidyalaya branch.
- Based on the fulfillment of eligibility criteria candidates are shortlisted, and the names are displayed on the institute website. These candidates are further screened via interviews conducted at a specific venue. Finally, the selected candidates can personally receive communication and even their names are displayed on the institute website.
Job opportunities for Biotech life science candidates are many but having appropriate skills apart from the basic degree is very important. Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan looks for dynamic, self-motivated and passionate teachers who are ready to take the responsibility of building the Nation’s future. So, self-discovery and improvement is the key to any success because,
“Opportunities don’t happen, you create them”.
Author: Sunita Adak