INSA Exchange Programme With Foreign Academies and Organisations
INSA Exchange Programme With Foreign Academies and Organisations. Opportunity For Indian Researchers To Work Abroad – INSA Invites Application. Interested and eligible candidates can check out all of the details below:
This Call Expires in :
INDIAN NATIONAL SCIENCE ACADEMY
Bahadur Shah Zafar Marg, New Delhi – 110 002.
Telephone: 91-11-23221931 – 23221950 (EPABX),
Fax: 91-11- 23235648, 23231095
Exchange Programme with Foreign Academies and Organisations
The Indian National Science Academy (INSA) is a premier scientific learned body (established in 1935) representing all branches of science –Physical and Biological Sciences including Engineering, Medicine and Agricultural Sciences. The Academy has been promoting scientific cooperation with Academies/Organisations of several countries the world over. The Academy has links with the Academies and Organisations in Asia, Europe
and South America. These programmes provide opportunities to scientists working in various scientific institutions and organizations in the country for exchange of ideas, knowledge, establish new links, strengthen old links and undertake joint projects with their research partners in leading laboratories and institutions abroad.
The Academy has an International Exchange Programme with Academies/Organizations in the countries: Brazil, China, France, Hungary, Iran, Israel, Nepal, Philippines, Poland, Scotland, Slovak Republic, Republic of Slovenia, Sudan and Taiwan.
Applications are invited from Indian Nationals for consideration by the Academy for the next calendar year.
- The applicant should be a scientist holding a regular (permanent) position in a recognized S & T Institution/University and actively engaged in research work in frontline areas.
- He/She should not have been abroad during the last 3 years under any INSA Programme.
- The scientist should have been accepted to work in an Institute/Laboratory in the country to be visited and this should be supported by a letter of invitation from the host abroad.
- Those who wish to visit abroad for three months should submit a detailed programme of their collaborative research work to be conducted.
All applications duly completed should be forwarded to the academy through proper channel by the employer/head of the Institute.
Scope of Finance
- Scientists selected for deputation abroad would be provided 100% travel support (by only Air India excursion class airfare, through shortest route from the place of duty in India to the nearest airport of host Institute and back) by INSA.
- Medical Insurance purchased in India.
- Visa fee (if any).
- The receiving Academy/Organization would provide local hospitality including internal travel abroad.
Criteria for Selection
- The Criteria for selection would mainly be the scientific contribution of the nominee and the purpose of the visit, which would be acceptable to the host scientist.
- Short-term visits are mainly for 2 to 4 weeks for holding scientific discussions, delivering a series of lectures and seminars, projecting Indian science abroad. It is expected that short-term visitors are well established Indian Scientists who can be effective Ambassadors of Indian Science.
- Under the long-term category, the scientists are expected to work primarily in one institute with a short visit to other allied institutes.
- If a scientist desires to attend a conference/scientific meeting during his visit abroad under the Exchange Programme, the period of the conference should normally be no more than one-fourth of his/her total stay in the country.
- Scientists who propose to visit abroad only to attend the Symposium/Conference, need not apply under this programme.
Under the exchange programme with the Academy in France, only Fellows of the Academy would be considered for nomination.
The visit should be availed of in the same calendar year (till December 31, 2020). Failure to do so may render them to forfeit the nomination
How to Apply:
Application received after the due date and Incomplete application, in any respect, will be rejected by the Academy.
Complete application form (one soft and one hard copy) along with the required enclosures i.e. invitation letter etc. should be submitted at the academy latest by January 31, 2020 to: Deputy Executive Director- I (Scientific), Indian National Science Academy Bahadur Shah Zafar Marg, New Delhi – 110002 <e.mail:[email protected]>
View Notification Below
Editor’s Note: INSA Exchange Programme With Foreign Academies and Organisations, INSA, make sure you check out the Biotecnika Times Newsletter, Podcast and all of our social media platforms for the latest in the life sciences industry.