Gen Foundation Grant 2020 – Food Tech & Natural Sciences Apply
Gen Foundation Grant 2020 – Food Tech & Natural Sciences Apply. The applications for the 2020 round of the Gen Foundation Grant 2020 is now open. Applicants who are students or researchers with a background in natural sciences and food technology are encouraged to apply for the same. Check out all of the details on the same given below:
This call expires in :
The Gen Foundation is a charitable trust which principally provides grants to students/researchers in natural sciences, in particular food sciences/technology.
About the Foundation:
The Gen Foundation was registered with the Charity Commission on 14th August 1998. The goal of this Foundation is to enhance the significance of cross-cultures involving Japan and the rest of the planet in today’s global society.
The Foundation is encouraging individuals who excel in the regions of natural sciences, particularly food sciences/technology.
Since 1998, awards are granted to over 100 individuals researching or studying within these fields. Successful applicants are requested to submit a report to the Trustees in the conclusion of the studies.
All possible candidates must take note that the Gen Foundation grants are one-off, non-renewable awards.
The Foundation is committed to providing equal opportunities to all candidates. It is the policy of the Foundation not to discriminate against any candidate, whether it be on the grounds of:
• colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin;
• religion or belief;
• sex, marital status or gender reassignment;
• sexual orientation;
• disability; or
To be qualified for a Gen Foundation grant, an applicant:
- Must study and/or research in the field of natural sciences, in particular, food sciences/technology and
- Must hold a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
The Foundation does not support undergraduates, short-term training, conferences, seminars, or thesis writing. Such applications will not be taken into consideration.
How to Apply:
Before applying for the Gen Foundation grant, you are strongly recommended to check whether you are qualified to apply.
The application form must be completed in English and sent with all of the supporting documents listed below no later than 28th February 2020.
Please note that incomplete applications will certainly not be taken into consideration.
1. Download a copy of the application form here:
2. Prepare the following documentation:
- One complete application
– Refer to page 5 of the application form before completion
– Typed applications only; handwritten applications will certainly not be considered
– English only
- One recent passport-sized photograph
– Attached to the application form
– Portraits will certainly not be accepted
- An updated curriculum vitae (resume).
– English only.
- TWO original and also signed letters of reference.
– English or Japanese.
– Not xeroxed.
– Not scanned.
– Not emailed.
- Evidence of acceptance by an organisation/institution.– Evidence of a conditional letter is acceptable.
– Photocopied or Original.
3. Post the application and all supporting documents to the following address. Applications should arrive no later than 28th of February 2020:
The Gen Foundation.
London EC3V 3ND.
Please try to send out all of the above documents together with your application. Nonetheless, if you are unable to provide evidence of acceptance in time, you can arrange for it to be sent out directly to us by the relevant organisation. Please let us know in your application that such documents are to follow.
Please note we can not return any one of the documentation once they have actually been submitted.
Selection Procedure for Gen Foundation:
The Trustees of the Gen Foundation will certainly select a shortlist of applicants on the basis of the submitted applications. The Trustees will certainly then conduct interviews of those shortlisted candidates before making a final decision.
|Action||Start Date||End Date|
|Application Period||1st November 2019||28th February 2020|
|Evaluation Period||March 2020||End of April 2020|
|Initial Result Notification(Result will be sent by post)||End of May 2020|
|Interview Period||1st July 2020||31st July 2020|
|Final Result Notification & Grants Awarded||September 2020||–|
Application Deadline – 28th February 2020
Editor’s Note: Gen Foundation Grant 2020 – Food Tech & Natural Sciences Apply, gen foundation grant 2020, applications open 2020 the gen foundation, gen foundation research grant. Check out the Biotecnika Times Newsletter for more such opportunities and also, check out the Podcast that we have for free listen on SoundCloud.