Dr Manmohan Singh Scholarships 2020 – Apply Online
Dr Manmohan Singh Scholarships 2020 – Apply Online. Indian Nationals are requested to check out all of the details on the scholarship below. The University of Cambridge Scholarships for Indian students.
This call expires in :
The University of Cambridge has long and close ties with India. Many of its leading
politicians, businessmen and scientists are Cambridge alumni. St Johns College, one of
the largest of the Colleges in Cambridge, has had particularly extensive links over many
Dr Manmonhan Singh, the former Prime Minister of India, is a graduate and Honorary
Fellow of St John’s College. He is widely acknowledged as the architect of the
economic reforms that have helped propel India onto the World Stage. In honour of
Dr Singh St John’s College is awarding the Dr Manmohan Singh Scholarships. These
awards will enable academically outstanding Indian students to come to St. John’s
College, University of Cambridge to study for doctoral degrees in subjects like Science &
Technology, Economics and Social Sciences.
The applicant should be:
- An Indian national with a valid Indian passport and currently based in India
- Below 35 years of age as on 31 December 2019
- Not already had significant exposure to UK education or received UK government funding.
- Should hold a Master’s (postgraduate) degree from a reputed/recognised India university/institution with a First Class award (UG and PG) in the relevant
- Evidence of leadership qualities (to be assessed from personal statements e.g. extracurricular activities and/or evidence of having made a difference to the country/society/participation in symposia in the relevant subject, or peer-reviewed publication in the area.)
- Keen to pursue and should have identified a full-time Doctoral Research
degree from the University of Cambridge commencing by September/October
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Able to fulfil any other admission criteria laid down by the university.
Value of award:
The scholarships are fully funded:
• Academic fees
• International airfare
• Monthly stipend to cover living expenses
• UK Visa
It is the responsibility of the applicants to identify a suitable Doctoral programme
and supervisor at the University of Cambridge, apply for a place for
September/October 2020 and secure admission.
- Identify a suitable doctoral programme and supervisor at the University of
- Applicants to visit the University of Cambridge Graduate Admissions Office web
site: www.graduate.study.cam.ac.uk and make formal application to the
- Applicants to select St John’s College as their first choice College on their
- Applicants to indicate on their Graduate Application Form via the Applicant Portal
that they are applying for the Dr Manmohan Singh Scholarships if asked (this is
not mandatory), but also to complete the section applying for funding from the
- Applicants to complete the online College Application form for the Dr. Manmohan
Singh Scholarships Competition via the College website to notify St John’s that
they have applied to the University and wish to be considered for the
Scholarship. This form must be returned to St John’s by 15 January 2020.
• Only those applicants who get an offer of admission at St John’s College will be
eligible for the award of the Scholarship.
• Candidates should NOT approach St John’s College directly at this stage
Candidates for these scholarships are selected through a process of shortlisting from
the applications received, followed by personal interviews, which will be conducted by
Subsequent to the interviews the selection committee identifies the required number of
candidates for the awards. The decision of the selection committee will be final.
Selection results will be communicated within a month following the interview.
Pre-departure briefings, UK visa and travel arrangements for the selected candidates will
be co-ordinated by St John’s College.
• St John’s College will acknowledge receipt of applications through the emails provided on the College application form. For this purpose, applicants are requested to provide their latest email ids. However, the College will not be responsible for the failure of on-line delivery.
• St John’s College will further contact only applicants who have reached the later
stages of the University’s selection procedure. These candidates will be asked to
provide further information to support their application. This information and that
provided on the Graduate Application Form will be used to draw up the short-list.
• St John’s will contact the short-listed candidates inviting them for interviews.
Applicants are requested not to contact St John’s College directly.
• Short-listed candidates will be interviewed by Skype between April and June
2020. Candidates will be expected to make their own travel and accommodation
arrangements, if necessary.
For further information and clarification please visit:
The deadline for submission is 15 January 2020.
View Notification Below
Editor’s Note: Dr Manmohan Singh Scholarships 2020 – Apply Online, UK-India Scholarships, University of Cambridge Scholarships 2020, make sure you can check out the Biotecnika Times Newsletter, Podcast we have for free listen on SoundCloud.