B4 Visiting Scientists Program 2020-2021 – Call for Applications
Up to 11 Visiting Scientists will be sponsored to pursue research in fields related to the biosciences at Harvard University and other institutions in the Boston area. The Lakshmi Mittal and Family South Asia Institute, Harvard University will organize seminars at Harvard for Visiting Scientists to discuss their research with the broader community at Harvard and beyond.
This call expires in :
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
B4 VISITING SCIENTISTS PROGRAM
Visiting Scientists are expected to reside in the Cambridge vicinity and actively participate in the events and intellectual life of the campus. Visiting Scientists will also contribute to the greater Harvard community by teaching, mentoring, or advising students.
Faculty who are currently employed in an Indian institution and are less than 42 years of age with at least 7 years of work experience by March 31, 2020. Applicants must be Indian citizens and currently residing in India. They must be currently teaching and researching in biosciences or related fields.
Starting Date: April-May 2020
Duration of the Program: 12 months
Stipend: INR 195,000/month
*Apart from the above-mentioned stipend, the visiting scientists are expected to receive theirsalary from the Indian institution that they are employed in, through these 12 months.
**Health insurance and round-trip economy travel expenses to and from Boston will also be provided as per the policies of the funding agency.
These instructions apply to non-Harvard candidates ONLY.
- Request an XID. You MUST do this in order to apply.
- Follow the instructions on the email sent by the XID system. If you do not see it in
your inbox, please check your spam folder.
- Please wait 24 hours after activating your XID before applying through CARAT at
- Toggle to the “XID” Login Option instead of the “HarvardKey” Option and login with your XID. (Please note: “HarvardKey” Option works ONLY for those with a Harvard email address and not for the non-Harvard candidates).
- You should be taken straight to the application page for the “The Lakshmi Mittal and Family South Asia Institute B4 Visiting Scientists Program 2020-2021.” If you are not, search up “B4 Visiting Scientists” to look for the application.
The following documents are needed to complete the application. Each document must be uploaded as one single PDF and with file size less than 2 MB.
- Academic Transcript
- Resume/CV (one page)—listing your academic degrees (including disciplines and dates the degrees received), research presentations, previous grants and/or fellowships, and any additional experience that shows scientific background and productivity
- List of publications
- Statement of interest (one page), describing how your participation as a Visiting Scientist will help in the advancement of your career.
- Two letters of recommendation on the letterhead of the recommender along with their signatures and date.
- Employment documents to be submitted along with the application:
- Appointment letter
- Salary slips of the previous 3 months
- NOC from the Director or head of the institution (click here to download the NOC format)
Additional documents may be requested as needed.
- Applications with reference letters which or not on the letterhead or without the signature with the date of the referee are considered incomplete.
- Applications without ALL the supporting documents are considered incomplete.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- The applications will be reviewed by an expert panel and the top 11 applicants will be selected. The selected candidates will be notified by late March 2020.
- Do not write directly to Harvard faculty regarding the sponsorship and grant opportunities.
- The deadline to apply is January 15, 2020.
Deadline to Apply: January 15, 2020
Please email Program Manager, Savitha G Ananth at [email protected].
This program is a collaboration between IBAB (Bengaluru, India), IISER (Pune, India) & The Lakshmi Mittal and Family South Asia Institute (Harvard University, Cambridge, USA) and is funded by the Department of Biotechnology, Government of India.
View Brochure Below
Editor’s Note: B4 Visiting Scientists Program 2020-2021 – Call for Applications, Building Bharat Boston Biosciences Program B4 Latest Scientist Program 2020, ensure that you are subscribed to the Newsletter and following Biotecnika on all of our social media platforms to be notified of the latest in the industry.