Tata Innovation Fellowship 2019-20 – Life Sciences & Biotechnology
Check the details on Tata Innovation Fellowship 2019-20. Official notification for Tata Innovation Fellowship 2019-2020 is given below. DBT India has announced notification for Tata Innovation Fellowship 2020. PhD Life sciences candidates and MSc Biotechnology candidates eligible to apply for Tata Innovation Fellowship 2020 as per the details below:
This call expires in :
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
DEPARTMENT OF BIOTECHNOLOGY
MINISTRY OF SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
TATA INNOVATION FELLOWSHIP: 2019-20
Applications are invited for “Tata Innovation Fellowship”, a highly competitive scheme
instituted by the Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science & Technology, Govt. of India to recognize and reward scientists with an outstanding track record in Biological sciences/Biotechnology to find innovative solutions to major problems in health care, agriculture, environment and other allied areas related to life sciences and biotechnology.
- The fellowship is open to Indian Nationals residing in India who are below the age of 55 years as 31-12-2019. The fellowship is co-terminus with the superannuation of fellow in his/her organization.
- The applicant should possess a PhD degree in Life Sciences, Agriculture, Veterinary Science or a Master’s degree in Medical Sciences, Engineering or an equivalent degree in Biotechnology/ related areas. The applicant must have outstanding contribution and publication in the specific area.
- The candidate must have a regular permanent position in a University/ Institute/ Organization and should be engaged in research and development. If he/she is availing any other fellowship, he/she will have to opt for only one of the fellowships.
- The applicant should have spent at least 5 years in India before applying for the fellowship.
- Evidence of outstanding track record and a deep commitment to finding innovative solutions to major problems in health care, agriculture and other areas related to life sciences and biotechnology.
NATURE OF SUPPORT
i) The amount of the fellowship is Rs. 25,000/- per month in addition to regular salary from the host institute. If an awardee is receiving a salary from an international organization, he/she will be entitled to research grant i.e. contingency only.
ii) In addition, each Fellow will receive a contingency grant of Rs. 6.00 lakh per annum for meeting the expenses on consumables, equipment, international and domestic travel, manpower and other contingent expenditure to be incurred in connection with the implementation of an ongoing research project under the fellowship.
NUMBER: Five per year.
HOW TO APPLY:
For application format and submission details, please visit DBT website (http://www.dbtindia.gov.in) Application (2 hard copies) duly forwarded by the competent authority of host Institute should be sent to Dr. Kakali Dey Dasgupta, Scientist “É”, Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science & Technology, Room No.729, 7th Floor, Block-2, CGO Complex, Lodhi Road, New Delhi -110003, not later than December 31, 2019. Soft copy of the application in the prescribed proforma should be mandatorily submitted online through DBT ePromis portal (url: http://www.dbtepromis.gov.in or http://www.dbtepromis.nic.in ) on or before 31st December 2019.
View Notification & Download Application Format Below
Editor’s Note: Tata Innovation Fellowship 2019-20 – Life Sciences & Biotechnology, tata innovation fellowship, tata innovation fellowship 2019-19, dbt india fellowship, dbt india tata innovation fellowship 2019, dbt tata fellowship 2019, check out the Biotecnika Times Newsletter – It is a free subscription service that you can avail by signing up for it just once. Check out social media profiles like Twitter and Facebook. And check out the Podcast that we have for free listen on SoundCloud.