Govt ZSI Life Science job vacancies for msc life sciences candidates. Research Assistant posts for msc life sciences candidates at Zoological Survey of India. Zoological Survey of India (ZSI) jobs for msc life sciences candidates. Check out all of the details on the same below:
This job expires in :
Government of India
Ministry of Environment, Forest & Climate change
Zoological Survey of India
29th July 2019
Call for applications to the post of Research Assistant
Position: Research Assistant
Number of posts: 1 (one)
Tenure: 2 years. However, as Required by the Necessity of This project, and on the evaluation of the performance of this candidate, the tenure could be extended until 2025 or even co-terminus together with the conclusion of the project, whichever is sooner.
Place of Posting: Marine Biology Regional Centre, Chennai
Wages: Rs.44,900/- plus HRA as admissible to Central Government employees
based on the VIIth CPC recommendations.
To serve in the Research project ‘Conservation Management of Coral Reefs in Lakshadweep — Longterm Monitoring Programme’ that is targeted at achieving the goal of successful conservation management and protection of critical coral habitats in Lakshadweep.
The Research Assistant will co-ordinate the works of this Research Scholars and Monitoring Staff to meet the goals laid out beneath the overall goal of the project. He/she will support the Principal Investigator (PI) in attaining the research targets defined in the project. He/she will even encourage the PI into the development and upkeep of the logistics and infrastructure necessary for the implementation and functioning of the various designated activities under the general target of the project.
The Research Assistant will take up these responsibilities, but will not be limited to, due to the obligation of the total management of this Project.
- Assisting the PI along with the Research Associate in setting up the project machinery, which entails, infrastructure development, ensuring Research Scholars takes up activities for their PhDs aiming at specific outcomes under the overall goal of the project, training the tracking staff and establishing a protocol for routine monitoring activities.
- Coordinating the data collection by the Research Scholars and Monitoring Staff, storing and analyses, while ensuring that the data is collected in a timely manner and according to set protocols.
- Assisting the PI along with the Research Associate in preparation of reports and timely submission of the exact same to the financing agency.
- Preparing, in consultation with the PI, Research Associate, and scholars, material for publication in national and international journals and presented at international conferences.
- Designing, developing and refining field research experiments or methodologies, in consultation with the PI and Scholars so as to get reliable data.
- Planning a year beforehand to meet deadlines for journal publications and prepare papers and presentations for conferences.
- Communication to Lakshadweep Administration for obtaining necessary permits clearances etc.
- Partnering with Range Forest Officers in organizing outreach and awareness campaigns by involving project staff.
- A first-Class MSc with majors in Marine Biology, Environmental or any Life Sciences.
- Candidate must have a minimum of five years of research experience in coral reefs.
- Must have CMAS** or PADI advanced open water certification — or CMAS* or PADI open water certification with 80 dives logged in, and possessing extensive expertise in marine fieldwork.
- Ability to communicate fluently and clearly in English.
- Should have demonstrated research record with publications to showcase.
- Should be physically fit and not averse to fieldwork
- PhD degree in Marine Biology or related discipline.
- Statistical expertise — used software like statistics, SPSS, R etc.,
- Experience of leading and working with diverse groups of individuals and cultures, particularly with research scholars from other scientific areas, volunteers and interns.
- Experience in establishing and operating a field station.
Application Process Please send the detailed Curriculum Vitae and copies of certifications of Educational qualifications, Training etc., with a cover letter explaining interest and suitability to the job post, to reach Principal Investigator, Long-term Coral Reef Monitoring Programme – Lakshadweep, Marine Biology Regional Centre, Zoological Survey of India, 130 Santhome High Road, Chennai — 600028, before or on the Final date of filing the applications. A pdf copy of this application together with the files (saved as a Single file) may be emailed to: [email protected].
The short-listed candidates will be intimated by email to attend the interview.
- The Principal investigator reserves the right to leave the posts vacant if a right candidate were not Found and also to publicly invite candidates again to apply at a later time.
- The upper age limit for the post of the Research Assistant will be 42 Years, shall be relaxed in the event of deserving candidates.
- Reservation and relaxation in age limitation as applicable as per Government of India standards shall be available for SC/ST/OBC applicants.
- The performance of the Research Assistant will be reviewed by a Suitable review committee constituted by the Head of the Institution. The recommendations of this committee will be final to Granting continuation of tenure.
- The Research Assistant is entitled to leave as per leave rules followed in Zoological Survey of India.
- The travel entitlements will be commensurate of Scientist’B’ (Level 10 of Pay Matrix), in Zoological Research of India / Ministry of Environment, Forests & Climate Change.
- The Research Assistant will likely be regulated by the guidelines & rules of the Zoological Survey of India, Including the submission of monthly reports, APARs, RFD reports, etc.
Closing Date for filing an application: 20th August 2019 (in the case of applicants from NE Region, Lakshadweep and A & N Islands the final date is 5th September 2019)
Anticipated Interview Date — 16th September 2019
Reference: 4-64/14-24/Tech. /Recruitment/RA
View Notification Below
Editor’s Note: Govt ZSI Life Science, msc life sciences jobs, research assistant jobs, msc careers, msc recruitment, keep yourself updated via a Newsletter – Biotecnika Times Newsletter – which is all free and you get updates on a daily basis. Also, check out the Podcast we have for free listen on SoundCloud.