TRAIN Program THSTI 2019
Translational Research Award in INfectious diseases (TRAIN) Program notification is out. PhD Biological Sciences candidates are encouraged to apply. Research Programme 2019 THSTI. Interested and eligible candidates are encouraged to check out all of the details on the same below:
This call expires in :
TRAIN is a post-doctoral research program initiated by THSTI to impart training in translational research to applicants with a doctoral degree in biological sciences. Selected candidates will be involved in large infectious disease research programs/projects involving human cohorts/clinical trials and are expected to work at the interface of biology and clinical research. Candidates will be jointly mentored by biologists and clinical research during the course of the fellowship. The concentration areas include epidemiology, immunology, pathogenesis, drug and vaccine development, and diagnostics for bacterial and viral diseases (Eg: Dengue, Hepatitis, Pneumonia, Tuberculosis etc..)
Essential Qualifications: PhD in Biological Sciences with at least one research article at a peer-reviewed journal indexed in PUBMED as the first author. Candidates must have an accepted first-author publication at the time of submission of the application.
i) Candidates who have submitted their doctoral thesis could also apply. But they ought to have successfully completed their viva voce examination at the time of interview. A copy of the provisional degree certification is needed at the time of joining.
Desirable Qualifications: Doctoral research in the areas of infectious diseases, immunology, and microbiology with exposure to clinical research. Experience in handling human clinical samples, animal models of disease and in vitro assays relevant to infectious disease research.
Age limitation: 30 years
Maximum monthly consolidated emoluments: Up to Rs. 75,000/- in the first two decades using performance-based revision in emoluments following the second year.
Duration of this award: The maximum duration of this award is three years that’s subject to satisfactory progress based on the annual performance reviews.
General Terms & Conditions
- All educational, technical and professional qualification ought to be from a recognized Board/University.
- The date for determining the age limit shall be the final date for online applications in each cycle.
- Candidates that were interviewed earlier will not be considered again.
- Age relaxation according to the Government of India rules will apply.
The procedure for online application:
A.Before filling online application, do keep these documents handy:
I. A soft copy of your passport size photograph.
ii. A statement indicating your research interests and career goals (max. 500 words)
b. Candidates are asked to use Google. Chrome internet browser for the best results in the submission of online application.
c. After the online application is submitted, no correction/modification is possible.
d. In case of difficulty in filling the online form, please contact [email protected]
e. On successful submission of your application, an auto-generated email containing a reference number will be sent to the email address provided. Please keep a note of this reference number for future correspondence.
f. It’s compulsory to fill all fields in the online application form. Incomplete applications will be rejected and no correspondence will be entertained with such applicants.
5. Interested candidates are asked to submit the online application on or before the final date. Applications will be screened and applicants will be interviewed up to four times per year (January, April, July and October) based on the number of applications. Deadline for applications for each quarter: March 31st, June 30th, Sept 30th, Dec 31st.
6. All results will be published on our site and all future communications will be only through email.
7. Canvassing in any form will be a disqualification
8. Call for applications will remain open until suitable candidates are found.
Deadline: June 30th
Editor’s Note: thsti awards 2019, train thsti awards 2019, Translational Research Award in INfectious diseases (TRAIN) Program 2019, Translational Research Award in INfectious diseases (TRAIN) Program, check out the Biotecnika Times Newsletter, Podcast and all of our social media profiles for the latest in the life sciences industry.