SERB Research Fellowships Increased
SERB has released an official memorandum detailing all of the revisions in the emoluments for the research personnel engaged in R&D programmes of the Science and Engineering Research Board. Check out all of the details on the increase in the research fellowships at SERB in 2019.
SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING RESEARCH BOARD
(A Statutory Body of Department of Science & Technology, Government of India)
5 & SA, Lower Ground Floor
Vasant Square Mall
New Delhi – 110 070
Subject: Revision of emoluments for research personnel engaged in R& D programmes of the Science and Engineering Research Board
Consequent Upon revision of fellowship by Department of Science and Technology for research personnel vide OM no. SR/S9/Z-08/2018 dated 30 January 2019, the Science and Engineering Research Board has revised the fellowship. The details are as given below:
|Designation & Qualification
|Revised Emoluments per month (Rs.)
|Junior Research Fellow (JRF)
Post Graduate Degree in Basic Science OR Graduate / Post Graduate Degree in Professional Course selected through a process described through any one of the following:
a. Scholars who are selected through National Eligibility Tests – CSIR-UGC NET including lectureship (Assistant Professorship) and GATE.
b. The selection process through National level examinations conducted by Central Government Departments and their Agencies and Institutions such as DST, DBT, DAE, DOS, DRDO, MHRD, ICAR,, ICMR, IIT, IISc, IISER etc.
|Senior Research Fellow (SRF)
The qualification prescribed for JRF with two years of research. experience
|Research Associate – I
|Research Associate – II
|Research Associate – III
2. After completion of two years, an external assessment by the Institution where the student is enrolled for PhD is mandatory for upgradation from JRF to SRF. The fellow may be awarded SRF after successful assessment. Annual Satisfactory Assessment is mandatory to continue the·benefit of fellowship during the SRF period.
3. Research associates may be fixed at a consolidated amount at one of the 3 levels as given depending upon the qualification and experience. The ln$titute/Organization concerned may decide the level in which a particular associate should pe placed based on the experience. The Essential Qualification (EQ) for RA is as follows:
PhD/MD/MS/MDS or equivalent degree or having 3 years of research, teaching and design and development experience after MVSc/M.Pharm/ME/M.Tech with at least one research paper in Science Citation Indexed (SCI) journal.
4. The revised emoluments will take effect from 01.01.2019.
5. The grantee institutions / Principal Investigators are advised to pay the arrears and enhanced emoluments from the grant available, and send the details of additional funds required due to revision in fellowship along with a certificate that the research fellow working in the project satisfy the eligibility conditions as prescribed by this Office Memorandum to the Programme Officer concerned.
6. Service conditions of the JRF/SRF/RA will remain the same as given in the DST OM No. SR/S9/Z-08/2018 dated 30.01.2019.
7. This issues with the approval of Board taken in its meeting held on 2nd February 2019 and subsequent concurrence by Secretary, SERB vide Dy. No. 2039 dated 23.04.2019.
Editor’s Note: SERB increase in fellowships, SERB increased fellowships 2019, serb increase in research fellowships 2019, SERB increase in fellowships 2019, check out the Biotecnika Times Newsletter, Podcast and all of our social media for the latest in the life sciences industry.