NASI-Scopus Young Scientist Awards
Elsevier has launched the NASI Scopus Young Scientists Awards 2019 which is in conjunction with The National Academy of Sciences, India (NASI). There are special categories that an Indian National can apply for. Over a 100 awards have been given, so interested and eligible candidates check out details on this opportunity below:
This call expires in :
The Scopus Young Scientist Awards, initially established by Elsevier in 2006, is a part of an Elsevier’s international initiative to encourage early career researchers in their quest to advance the frontiers of science across a wide assortment of subjects. In 2009, India formally embraced the program over its own scientific community through Elsevier’s cooperation with The National Academy of Sciences, India (NASI).
The program honours outstanding young researchers in India who are building their careers in academic research, helping them gain recognition for their work. As of 2018, 106 winners have been announced.
The NASI – Scopus Young Scientist of the year will receive:
- A citation & a plaque
- Cash prize of INR 75,000
The 13th NASI Scopus Young Scientist Awards will have 5 multi-disciplinary categories that are aligned with national missions of Make in India, Digital India, Healthy India and Clean India. If your research (both basic and applied) is empowering or can be a helpful technological tool for the above mentioned national missions, do not forget to mention it in your application as it can give your application an additional weightage.
The Awards for 2019 will be presented the following 5 multi-disciplinary categories:
- WOMEN IN SCIENCE: To recognize India’s most promising women researchers who have demonstrated excellence in scientific field. Female applicants only.
- AGRICULTURE, PLANT SCIENCES AND RURAL DEVELOPMENT: To recognize India’s most promising researchers who are working in the field of AGRICULTURE and are committed to developing sustainable models that help in increasing food security and improving the quality of life of people living in rural areas.
- ENVIRONMENTALLY SOUND SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT: To recognise India’s most promising researchers who are working in the field of EARTH, OCEANOGRAPHIC, ENVIRONMENTAL and ECOLOGICAL STUDIES, SOCIAL SCIENCES and ECOSYSTEM and are contributing to protecting our planet and conserving its natural resources.
- BIOMEDICAL RESEARCH AND HEALTHCARE: To recognize India’s most promising researchers who are working in the field of MEDICINE AND BIOMEDICAL SCIENCES and are making groundbreaking contributions toward improving health and wellbeing of citizens.
- INNOVATION IN ENGINEERING AND PHYSICAL SCIENCES: To recognize India’s most promising researchers who are working in the field of ENGINEERING, MATHEMATICS, PHYSICS, CHEMISTRY and are harnessing it to drive disruptive and sustainable growth, with a potential for high industrial and/or societal impact.
- An Indian citizen, residing and working in India
- Has completed at least PhD/MD or equal degree
- Has to be born on or after January 1st, 1979
- Female only application for Women in Science Award Category
Activity entered for this award must have been:
- undertaken no more than five (5) years prior to the closing date of entries
- published in one or more respected, externally-refereed scientific journal(s), book(s) or equivalent electronic publication(s) and the publication must index in Scopus
How to Apply:
Each male applicant must apply only under one category. A female applicant can apply under Women in Science and one other category.
She/He must submit both the Application Form and the Nomination Form, complete in all respect with the supporting documents, to Elsevier latest by
15th June 2019. extended to 30th June 2019
**Please note that you can send the complete application to the address below:
Marketing Manager – South Asia
Elsevier Research Solutions
14th Floor, Building No: 10B
DLF Cyber City, Phase II, Gurgaon 122002, India
Applications, complete in all respect with the supporting documents and received latest by
15th June 2019, extended to 30th June 2019 will be judged by a panel of subject experts from India’s academic community on criteria as:
- Quality and number of publications
- Nature and uniqueness of research
- Outcomes of research
- Impact on society
- Vision of the researcher
If you would like more information about the NASI-Scopus Young Scientist of the year award, please get in touch with:
Marketing Manager, South Asia
Elsevier-Research Solutions Sales
Tel : +91 124 477 4632 | [email protected]
The last date for physical receipt of the application is
15th June 2019, extended to 30th June 2019
View Notification Below
Editor’s Note: NASI-Scopus Awards 2019, NASI Scopus Awards 2019, NASI Young Scientist Awards 2019, Scopus Scientist Awards 2019, NASI-SCOPUS Awards, NASI-Scopus Young Scientist Awards 2019. For more such golden opportunities, make sure you are subscribed to the Biotecnika Times Newsletter, check out the Podcast we have for free listen on SoundCloud and also follow us on all of our social media platforms. Make sure you have downloaded our app that is available for free download.