ILS PhD Admission 2019
ILS – Institute of Life Sciences, Bhubaneswar has announced Ph.D. admissions for 2019. M.Sc. / M.Tech. / M.Pharm./ M.V.Sc. or equivalent qualification in life sciences and allied subjects (Biochemistry/ Biotechnology/ Bioinformatics/ Biophysics/ Chemistry/ Microbiology, etc.) candidates can apply for the Ph.D. Admission 2019 at ILS.
This call expires in :
Advt. No.: 01/2019
Institute of Life Sciences (ILS), Bhubaneswar, an autonomous Institute of the Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science & Technology, Government of India engaged in advanced research invites applications from Indian nationals for Ph.D. program in the following research areas:
1) Cancer Biology
2) Infectious Disease Biology
3) Plant Biotechnology & Human Genetics
The name of the faculties who are interested in taking students through regular Ph.D. program of ILS or through their extramural projects is listed below under the respective research areas. The applicants are strongly encouraged to visit ILS webpage for detailed information regarding the research activities of the respective faculties.
1. Cancer Biology: Dr. Soumen Chakraborty, Dr. Rajeeb K. Swain, and Dr. Amol Suryawanshi.
2. Infectious Disease Biology: Dr. Durg V. Singh, Dr. Satish Devadas, Dr. Soma Chattopadhyay, Dr. Narottam Acharya, Dr. Tushar K. Beuria and Dr. Gulam H. Syed
3. Plant Biotechnology & Human Genetics: Dr. Birendra P. Shaw, Dr. Nrisingha Dey, and Dr. P.V. Ramchander.
- Candidates must have passed their M.Sc./ M.Tech. / M.Pharm. / M.V.Sc. Or equivalent qualification in life sciences and allied subjects (Biochemistry/ Biotechnology/ Bioinformatics/ Biophysics/ Chemistry/ Microbiology, etc.) with a minimum of 60% marks (or equivalent grade point). Candidates awaiting final outcome might also apply, but if shortlisted, they need to produce their final mark sheet on the date of their interview, failing which they won’t be interviewed.
- Candidates must Also Have qualified in CSIR/UGC-JRF or DBT-JRF or DBT-BINC-JRF or UGCRGNF or ICMR-JRF or DST-INSPIRE or GATE or even GPAT. If the original certification isn’t available, the candidate must provide a photocopy of their original admit card and also the particular result page emphasizing their roll number, in addition to the application.
- The candidate must be below 28 years in age, according to 10th May 2019. Age relaxation of five years in the event of SC/ST/women/PH candidates and 3 years in the case of OBC candidates will be given (according to Govt. Of India principles ).
Applicants except SC/ST candidates are required to send a non-refundable D.D. for Rs.500/- in favour of “Director, Institute of Life Sciences, Bhubaneswar” payable at Bhubaneswar.
The fellowship, as well as other emoluments, will be according to the guidelines of the funding agencies – SERB/DST/DBT/CSIR/ICMR as revised from time to time.
To and fro bus/rail fare by the shortest path restricted to a second class sleeper is going to be paid to all candidates appearing for the interview.
How to Apply:
Interested and eligible applicants may fill-up the prescribed application form as available in ILS site (www.ils.res.in). Duly filled-up application together with self-attested copies of relevant certificates and demand draft ought to be sent to the “Director, Institute of Life Sciences, Nalco Square, Bhubaneswar-751023”. The application should reach the Institute on or before the final date. Applications received after the final date won’t be accepted. The envelope ought to be superscribed with “Application for PhD Program in 1) Cancer Biology 2) Infectious Disease Biology or 3) Plant Biotechnology & Human Genetics”. Candidates should mention clearly ONE of the research areas for which they are applying. Candidates interested to apply for more than 1 research area must send individual applications for each research area, with separate fees.
List of candidates chosen for the interview will be published in the Institute site (www.ils.res.in).
Application to ILS-Ph. D. program doesn’t necessarily ensure that a candidate will be shortlisted for interview. Director, ILS reserves the right to withdraw the procedure without assigning any reasons thereof.
- Last date of receiving applications: 10th May 2019
- Date of display of short-listed candidates and instructions in the Institute site: 20th May 2019
- Tentative date of interview: 1st/2nd week of June 2019 (The last date of interview will be confirmed when the list of short-listed candidates gets displayed in ILS site.)
View Notification Below
Editor’s Note: For more on ph.d admission, phd admission, ph.d, phd application, phd application form, phd admissions india, phd, phd notifications, phd form, phd from, phd registration, latest phd admissions, phd admission procedure make sure you are subscribed to the Biotecnika Times Newsletter. For more you can also keep up with us on all of our social media handles and also download our app from the app store and it is free.