Young Innovator Program 2019
The notification for the IIT Jodhpur Young Innovator Program 2019 has been released. The application portal is open as well. Interested candidates from a biosciences and bioengineering background are encouraged to check out all of the information regarding the program below:
This call expires in :
Young Innovator Program
The Young Innovator Program (YIP) of the Indian Institute of Technology Jodhpur provides a platform to the engineering students at the conclusion of the second year to take part in innovative engineering projects with faculty members of IIT Jodhpur during the summer. The departments at IITJ accepting YIP students are Department of Bioscience & Bioengineering, Department of Computer Science & Engineering, Department of Electrical Engineering and Department of Mechanical Engineering.
Students must have finished their IIIrd Semester of B.E., B.Tech., B.Tech.-M. Tech. Double Level with the academic performance of at least 65% or a 7.0 CPI/CGPA on a 10 point scale.
The proposed duration for the program is minimal six weeks and a maximum of eight weeks during the summer vacation at IIT Jodhpur. The beginning date is 15 May 2019 and chosen candidates are expected to record with essential documents. A delay of 2-3 days for exceptional reasons such as examinations, will be admissible and must be communicated beforehand. Selected students have to stay on the IITJ campus for a minimum period of six weeks for being qualified to receive the certificate.
Selected participants will be provided with lodging and boarding in the campus on payment of charges according to the Institute rules (roughly Rs. 1200 a week).
Financial help of Rs. 2,000 a week will be provided to a few of those chosen students based on the recommendation of this YIP selection committee.
Instructions to Apply:
- Application Portal: Interested students may apply online at https://oa.iitj.ac.in/YIP
- Applicants are advised to go to the webpages of faculty members of IIT Jodhpur to get familiar with their research areas and contact them before applying. They need to provide a project proposal (in pdf format) and indicate the name of the faculty member of IIT Jodhpur, with whom she/he is interested to work with.
- Selected students will need to submit a No-Objection Certification from the HoD or Principal of his/her Institute/University at the time of joining YIP and must have their own health insurance valid for at least two months.
- Start of Online Applications for YIP 2019: 15 March 2019
- Last date for submitting On-line Applications: 15 April 2019
- The announcement of selected students: 25 April 2019
- Confirmation from the selected Students: 30 April 2019
- Commencement of the YIP 2019 Program: 15 May 2019
Deadline: 15 April 2019
Editor’s Note: Young Innovator Program 2019, IIT Jodhpur Young Innovator Program, IIT Jodhpur Innovator Program 2019, IIT Young Innovator Program 2019, IIT Jodhpur YIP, IIT Young Innovator Program. Make sure you check out the Biotecnika Times Newsletter and the Podcast that we have for free listen on SoundCloud.