IISER Admission 2019
The official announcement for the IISER Admission 2019 to the BS and BS-MS Dual-Degree Programme 2019 Admissions has been made. Interested applicants can check out all of the details regarding the programme, the key features, the scholarships, the application procedures and more below:
This call expires in :
Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research
Berhampur, Bhopal, Kolkata, Mohali, Pune, Thiruvananthapuram, Tirupati
Autonomous Institutions under MHRD, Govt. of India
Admissions to BS-MS (Dual-Degree) Programme 2019
The Government of India has created IISERs at Berhampur, Bhopal, Kolkata, Mohali, Pune, Thiruvananthapuram and Tirupati to incorporate and encourage interdisciplinary science education and research. Through time IISERs have been successfully attracting talented young minds. An overarching objective of this IISERs is to enable students to shape the country by devising and implementing sustainable solutions for social issues through research in sciences. This is being accomplished by our faculty of global repute together with bright students. In a brief period of time IISERs have generated an unbelievable number of intellectual property in the form of publications and patents.
To encourage high-quality science education, research, and training, Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India, hasestablished seven Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research (IISERs) at Berhampur, Bhopal, Kolkata, Mohali, Pune, Thiruvananthapuram, and Tirupati.
BS* and BS-MS Dual Degree Program
It’s a five-year degree program for bright and motivated science students who’ve passed a class 10+2 or equivalent. Most IISERs Provide BS-MS (Dual Degree) in Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics, and Physics. Earth and Environmental Sciences is available at select IISERs. For information please see the web site of individual IISERs.
The BS-MS program integrates classroom learning with research and gives ample scope for multidisciplinary interactions. The program includes core courses in fundamental sciences and specialization in selected subjects alongside an MS research project. The training in this program empowers students to pursue careers in academia, R&D institutes, and industries.
- Five-year dual degree program for highly motivated science students.
- Classroom learning integrated with research providing ample scope for interdisciplinary interactions.
- Curriculum having a focus on both the breadth and depth in sciences; engineering economics and sciences’.
- Opportunity to pursue impactful research.
- Entirely residential program with well-equipped hostels.
- Accessibility to on-campus medical, sports and other recreational facilities
*Four-year BS program in Engineering Sciences and Economics only at IISER Bhopal.
Moreover, IISER Bhopal provides four year BS programmes in Economics and Engineering Sciences. Mathematics at 10+2 level is compulsory for applicants seeking admission to these two BS programmes.
Candidates that have passed (in 2018 or 2019) and are placed in the top 20 percentile of their class XII board/equivalent examination in science streams are eligible for admission through one or more of these channels:
• Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY): Students with a valid KVPY fellowship commencing 2019-20 academic sessions.
• HT-JEE (Advanced): Students procuring an IIT JEE (Advanced) 2019 rank up to 10000.
• State and Central Board (SCB): Students with marks equivalent to or above the cut-off marks in class XII board exams, as specified on www.iiseradmission.in/eligibility. Students applying through SCB channel will need to qualify the IISER Aptitude Test (IAT). IAT 2019 will be computer-based and will be tentatively conducted during June 2019. A mock evaluation is available on the IISER admission site.
The government of India rules for seat reservation in Central Institutes of higher education will be followed
For further details please visit IISER Admission website www.iiseradmission.in
- KVPY scholars admitted to IISERs would draw fellowship according to KVPY norms.
- Additionally, a restricted number of INSPIRE scholarships will be available for applicants admitted through JEE Advanced and SCB channel as applicable according to the standards prescribed by DST INSPIRE scheme. This supersedes all before announcements regarding scholarship.
- Highly motivated and capable faculty in a variety of fields with a passion for science
- Integrated undergraduate teaching with cutting-edge research across disciplines
- Exposure and access to world class research centers right from the onset of the program.
- Research internships plus also a yearlong research project resulting in a MS thesis with opportunities for interdisciplinary research.
- Upcoming eco-friendly green campuses with appropriate infrastructure
- Library with online resources, books, and research journals
- State of the art teaching and research facilities
- Sports and recreational facilities
- Hostel facility for all students
Application Instructions – Portal Open NOW
- Applications for admission should be submitted on line only at www.iiseradmission.in/apply
- Please follow the instructions for completing the application form along with other relevant particulars (available on the site ). Please proceed through the FAQ section on the site carefully before filling up the form.
- There’s a non-refundable application fee of Rs. 2000 (Rs. 1000 for both SC/ST and PD applicants )
All inquiries must be directed to Chairperson, Joint Admissions Committee 2019
Following are tentative dates for various activities in the admission process. This page will be updated periodically during the admission process.
|Dates||KVYP Channel||JEE-Advanced Channel||SCB Channel|
|Sunday, March 31, 2019||Application portal opens|
|Sunday, April 28, 2019||Application portal closes at 5 PM|
|Monday, May 20, 2019||Downloading of hall tickets begins (tentative – earlier start date is likely)|
|Sunday, May 26, 2019||Application portal opens at 9 AM (tentative)|
|Sunday, June 02, 2019||IISER Aptitude Test during 11 AM-2PM (tentative)|
|Saturday, June 15, 2019||Application portal opens at 9 AM (tentative)|
|Thursday, June 20, 2019||Application portal closes at 5 PM (tentative)||Application portal closes at 5 PM (tentative)|
- For information on the date of opening/closing for applications through JEE-Advanced and KVPY channels, please visit the ‘Important Dates’ tab.
- IISER Aptitude Test (IAT) 2019 will be conducted in a fully computer-based test mode. This test is likely to be held in June 2019. IAT-2019 will be conducted in various cities [see list] across India
- Mock Test is available here. Instructions for the mock test are available here.
View Notification Below
Editor’s Note: IISER Admission 2019, BS Degree 2019 Admission, BS-MS Dual-Degree Programme Admission 2019, IISER Admissions 2019, BS-MS Dual-Degree IISER Admission 2019, IISER Dual Degree Admission 2019, BS-MS Dual Degree 2019, IISER BS-MS Dual Degree 2019 Admissions, IAT 2019. Check out the Biotecnika Times Newsletter and Podcast that we have for free.