ICAR AICE-JRF/SRF (PGS)-2019
Information Bulletin for ICAR Doctoral Degree Programme & Award of JRF/SRF (PGS) 2019 ICAR’s All India Competetive Examination for Admission to Doctoral Degree Programmes has been released. For more details on the important dates, the eligibility, the overview, the application fees, the mode of payment and more, check details below:
This call expires in :
IMPORTANT INFORMATION AND DATES AT A GLANCE
1. Fee details and Important Dates:
|Online submission of Application Form (upto 11:50 pm of 30 April, 2019)||01–30 April, 2019|
|Last date of successful transaction of fee through Credit/Debit Card/NetBanking upto 11:50 pm through e-challan upto bank hours of 01 May, 2019||01 May, 2019|
|Fee Payable by candidates
General/Unreserved, Other Backward Classes (OBC)-(NCL)* & UPS**/ EWS***
|SC/ST/PwD/ Transgender||Rs. 850/-|
|Processing charges & GST are to be paid by the candidate, as applicable|
|Online Correction in particulars of Application Form (on website only) (No corrections shall be allowed after 14 May, 2019)||07-14 May, 2019|
|Downloading of e-Admit Cards from NTA website||05 June, 2019|
|Date of Examination||01 July, 2019|
|Duration of Examination||150 minutes (2½ hours)|
|Timing of Examination||02:30 p.m. to 05:00 p.m.|
|Centre, Date and Shift of Examination||As indicated on the e-Admit Card|
|Display of recorded responses and Answer Keys on NTA website||To be communicated on NTA website later|
|Submission of Challenges on NTA website||To be communicated on NTA website later|
|Updation of result/marks of qualifying Examination (in case of appearing candidates)||To be communicated on NTA website later|
|Declaration of Result on ICAR website www.icar.org.in||By 17 July 2019|
|Schedule for Online Counselling||To be announced by the ICAR saparetly on www.icar.org.in after the declaration of result|
*Other Backward Classes-Non Creamy Layer as per the central list of Other Backward Classes available on National Commission for Backward Classes (NCBC), Government of India website www.ncbc.nic.in. Only the candidates falling in this list may mention OBC in the Category Column. State list OBC candidates who are not in OBC-NCL (Central List) must choose General/Unreserved.
** Candidates of Remote and Underprivileged States must check their eligibility before applying.
***As per the OM No. 20013/01/2018-BC-II dated January 17, 2019, issued by the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment and the OM No. 12-4/2019-U1 dated 17.01.2019 as well as the Letters No 35-2/2019-T.S.I dated 21.01.2019, 01.02.2019, 04.02.2019 and 15.02.2019 of MHRD Department of Higher Education regarding the implementation of reservation for Economically Weaker Sections (EWSs) for admission in Central Educational Institutions.
2. Candidates can apply for ICAR-AICE-JRF/SRF(PGS)-2019 “Online” on the website www.ntaicar.nic.in.
3. Online Application Form may be submitted by accessing NTA website www.ntaicar.nic.in. The Application Form other than online mode will not be accepted, in any case.
4. Only one application is to be submitted by a candidate.
5. Candidates must follow the instructions strictly as given in the Information Bulletin and on NTA website www.nta.ac.in, www.ntaicar.nic.in. Candidates not complying with the instructions shall be summarily disqualified.
6. Candidates must ensure that e-mail address and Mobile Number provided in the Online Application Form are their own as all information/ communication will be sent by NTA through e-mail on the e-mail address or SMS on given Mobile Number only.
7. Instructions for filling Online Application Form:
- Download Information Bulletin and Replica of Application Form. Read them carefully to ensure your eligibility.
- Follow the 4 steps given below to Apply Online:
Step-1: Fill in the Online Application Form and note down the system generated Application No.
Step-2: Upload scanned images of Candidate’s Photograph (between 10kb – 200kb) and Candidate’s Signature (between 4kb – 30kb) in JPG/JPEG format.
Step-3: Make payment of fee using SBI/Syndicate/ICICI/HDFC Payment Gateway(s) and keep proof of fee paid.
Step-4: Print at least three copies of Confirmation Page after successful remittance of fee.
- All the 4 Steps can be done together or at separate times.
1. The final submission of the Online Application Form will remain incomplete if Step-2 and step-3 are not completed. Such forms will stand rejected and no correspondence on this account will be entertained.
2. No request for refund of fee once remitted by the candidate will be entertained by NTA under any circumstances.
3. The entire application process of ICAR AICE-JRF/SRF(PGS)-2019 is online, including uploading of scanned images, Payment of Fees, and Printing of Confirmation Page. Therefore, candidates are not required to send/submit any document(s) including Confirmation Page to NTA through Post/ Fax/ by Hand.
4. Candidates are advised to keep visiting the NTA website regularly and to check their e-mails for the latest updates.
5. No TA and DA will be paid to the candidate for appearing in the examination at the centre or for joining the University after Counselling.
The centralised admission to 25% of the seats (subject to at least one seat for each discipline having PhD degree programme in the University) of PhD degree programmes is in the universities under the ICAR-AU system was introduced in the Academic Session 2015-16. For the academic session, 2019-20 admissions to 25% seats (100% in CAUs and ICAR-DU, viz ICAR-IVRI) accredited doctoral degree programmes will be granted at accredited colleges in accredited Agricultural Universities under the ICARAU system. The tentative list of accredited Agricultural Universities is enlisted at Annexure-XVI. The admissions to the three ICAR-Deemed-to-be-Universities, viz. IARI, NDRI and CIFE will not be made
through AICE-JRF/SRF(PGS)-2019 examination as 100% seats for Ph.D. programmes in these ICAR-DUs will be filled-up through their own entrance examination.
The examination will be conducted in 16 Major Subject Groups comprising 60 sub-subjects/disciplines at 87 cities (Annexure-I) all over the country enabling participation of a large number of candidates seeking admission to different disciplines of Agriculture and Allied Sciences. Based on the rank of candidates in the All India Merit List based on this examination and availability of seat in a particular subject/discipline opted in the desired university, ICAR shall award JRF/SRF(PGS) to 300 candidates.
However, fellowship is granted only after the Counseling, when the candidate gets admitted and pursues Ph.D degree in an AU other than the one from where he/she has passed Bachelor’s or Master’s degree. It implies that not more than two degrees (including Ph.D.) should be from the same AU. The other candidates who are declared/notified as qualified for counseling will be eligible as per their merit rank and availability of seat for admission to PhD degree programme, without fellowship, in the specific subject in the AUs. The
above eligibility conditions will also apply to in-service candidates. Candidates qualified for Counseling will be considered for allocation of subject and the AU as per ICAR online Counseling procedure.
There is no direct nomination through ICAR in any Doctoral degree programme without qualifying in this examination.
2.1 Major Subject Groups for Doctoral Degree Programme and ICAR-JRF/SRF(PGS)
Doctoral degree programmes are offered by AUs in 60 sub-subjects under 16 Major Subject Groups given at Annexure-III. Based upon eligibility and compatibility with their subject areas at the post-graduation level, the candidates should select one Major Subject group from the Annexure-III for appearing in the Examination. However, candidates choosing a Major Subject Group in examination need to attempt questions from all of the Sub-subjects listed under that Major Subject Group. will be available at the time of online counselling.
2.2 University-Wise and Subject–Wise Number of Seats Available for Admission
The number of ICAR seats available for admission in Doctoral degree in different Sub-subjects at accredited AUs for the academic session 2019–20 will be displayed on website www.icar.org.in at the time of counselling. Depending upon availability and status of accreditation, seats in some of the Sub-subjects under some Major Subject Groups may not be received in the Council from accredited universities at the time of counselling. In the event of some candidates qualifying in such sub-subjects, it shall not be the responsibility of the Council to give them admission
2.3 Schedule of ICAR AICE-JRF/SRF(PGS)-2019
Schedule for important examination related activities has been given in Table 1. However, candidates are requested to keep themselves updated about the schedule through NTA and ICAR websites www.nta.ac.in, www.ntaicar.nic.in and www.icar.org.in.
Eligibility Criteria and Qualifications:
Indian nationals who have passed Master’s Degree programme with a minimum of Overall Grade Point Average(OGPA) as shown in Table 2 from any recognized University in India and abroad would be eligible to apply for the AICE – JRF/SRF (PGS). Candidates passed out from private Agricultural Universities/Colleges not accredited by ICAR will not be considered for admission through this examination. Further, in case any degree from a particular college/university is not considered for admission by an Agricultural University or any particular college/university has been derecognized by VCI/UGC/ICAR or due to any Court directives (present or future) will not be responsible for admitting students of that college/university in the Universities not willing to admit such candidates. In other
cases, where grade-points are not awarded and only marks are awarded, the candidate must have secured a minimum percent score as shown in the table below.
Indian Nationals of at least 20 years of age as on 01.07.2019 (i.e. the date of examination)are eligible to apply for the examination. No relaxation is permissible regarding the minimum age limit.
Applying Online and Submission of Application Form:
The online submission of Application Form for AICE-JRF/SRF(PGS)-2019, uploading of scanned photograph and signatures may be made at website www.nta.ac.in, www.ntaicar.nic.in. The candidates should complete all the required details while filling up the online form. On submission of details and the required fee, a Confirmation Page with Application Number shall be generated. Candidates are required to take a printout of Confirmation Page and keep it for future reference.
In order to appear in AICE-JRF/SRF(PGS)-2019, the candidates are required to apply online as per procedure detailed below. Before filling and submitting the online form, candidates should download the Information Bulletin and Replica of Application Form; and read them carefully. Candidates must follow the instructions strictly as given in the Information Bulletin and on NTA website. Application Forms not complying with the instructions are liable to be rejected.
Candidates must keep the following information ready before filling online Application Form:-
- Govt Identity Details like Aadhaar Number (last 4 digits)/Election Card (EPIC No.)/Passport number/Ration Card Number/ Bank Account Number/PAN Number/ Other valid Govt Ids.
- Address for communication, Mobile Number, email id, etc.
- Scanned images of latest Photograph (size of 10 kb to 200 kb) in JPG/ JPEG format only
- Scanned image of Signature (size of 4 kb to 30 kb) in JPG/ JPEG format only
- Bank Account details for payment of Fee, for uploading as part of the submission of online application.
Replica of Application Form or Format:
The Replica of AICE-JRF/SRF (PGS) – 2019 Application Form or Format is available at Annexure- VIII.
Four Steps to Complete the Application Process:
Application Form may be submitted in four simple steps:
- Step 1: Fill in the Online Application Form and note down the system generated Application No. for future reference
- Step 2: Upload scanned images of Candidate’s Photograph (between 10 kb – 200 kb) and Candidate’s Signature (between 4 kb – 30kb) in JPG/JPEG format.
- Step 3: Make payment of fee using a suitable mode of payment through the bank as per details are given in this section and keep proof of fee paid.
- Step 4: Print at least three copies of Confirmation Page after successful remittance of fee.
1. The final submission of Online Application Form will remain incomplete if Step-2 and Step-3 are not completed, such forms will stand rejected and no correspondence on this account will be entertained.
2. No request for refund of fee once remitted by the candidate will be entertained by NTA under any circumstances.
3. There is no provision for uploading any certificate/marks sheet etc., with the application.
4. The entire application process is online. Therefore, candidates are not required to send/submit any document(s) including Confirmation Page to NTA or ICAR through Post/ Fax/By Hand.
View Information Bulletin Below
Editor’s Note: ICAR Doctoral Degree Programme & Award of JRF/SRF (PGS) – Information Bulletin, ICAR PhD Programme & Award of JRF/SRF (PGS), ICAR PhD 2019, ICAR JRF/SRF 2019 Information, AIEEA PhD & SRF/JRF 2019 Notification, ICAR All India Entrance Examination for Admission to Doctoral Degree Programmes 2019. Check out the Biotecnika Times Newsletter and Podcast which are free services.