Young Scientists and Technologists (SYST)
The official notification for the DST Ministry of Science & Technology, Scheme for Young Scientists and Technologists (SYST) 2019 has been released. Interested and eligible candidates can check out all of the details on the same below:
This call expires in :
Government of India
Ministry of Science and Technology Department of Science and Technology
Call for Proposals 2019
Engaging Young Researchers towards Socio-economic Development
To encourage young scientists and technologists towards providing technology-based/led solutions for socio-economic challenges, Department of Science and Technology (DST) launched Scheme for Young Scientists and Technologists (SYST) in the year 1991. Innovative technological ideas in the form of a proposal from young passionate researchers are thus invited under following identified themes aimed at addressing socio-economic challenges of the nation:
a. Artificial Intelligence and loT for Societal Application in
• Rural Development
• Disaster Management
b. Hybrid Solar PV Technologies with Wind Generators
c. Robotics for Societal Application
d. Agricultural Tools and Agriculture Produce
e. Nutritional Supplements and Value-Added Food Products for Human and Animals
f. Plant-Based Health Products
g. Scientific Validation and Upscaling of Traditional Knowledge Systems
h. Cost Effective Health and Hygiene Aids
i. Effective Indigenous Methods of Disease Identifications and Monitoring
j. Natural Resource-Based Livelihood Systems
k. Income Augmenting Agricultural Practices
I. Captive Cultivation & Breeding
m. Environment Sustainability
n. Additive Manufacturing
1. The applicant should possess at least a Master’s degree in any S&T stream. Those having PhD will be given preference.
2. The candidate should be less than 35 years of age on the last date of submission of the application to DST. However, age relaxation of 5 years would be given to Women and Differently-abled (Divyangjan) applicants and those belonging to SC/ST /OBC category.
3. The applicant not in a regular position should align himself or herself with an Academic Institution of repute, S& T based agencies including reputed Voluntary Organization with minimum 5 years in existence for implementation of S& T based projects. These organizations must agree to facilitate the smooth execution of the project and provide necessary infrastructure/ facilities for this purpose. The mentor should be at Permanent/Regular position. Co-Pl should be below 45 years of Age.
Applicants are required to submit three copies of the full proposal in the prescribed format at the address given below (mentioning the TPN No), along with a soft copy uploaded to http://onlinedst.gov.in before or on 20 April 2019. Project tenure proposed should not be more than three years. Formats for the application can be downloaded from the DST website www.dst.gov.in and www.scienceandsociety-dst.org
Officer-in-charge may be contacted for any questions/queries relating to submission of a proposal under this Call. A Screening Committee constituted by DST will screen the proposals received and only the selected candidates may be called for presentation before an Expert Committee.
Dr Rashmi Sharma
Science for Equity, Empowerment & Development (SEED) Division,
Department of Science & Technology,
Technology Bhavan, New Mehrauli Road, New Delhi-110016 (E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org & Phone: +91-11-26590541)
- Organizations/Principal Investigator whose project proposal was not recommended by DST under the previous calls under SYST need not submit the same proposal again.
- DST will not entertain Basic Research Proposal and incomplete applications.
- Candidates are requested to submit a single proposal only.
- Organizations/Institutions/Universities are requested not to submit more than 3 proposals under the Call. They may evaluate the proposals internally and send the best proposal(s) to DST. DST will consider only the first three proposals and the rest may be rejected.
Deadline: before or on 20th April 2019
View Notification Below
Editor’s Note: Scheme for Young Scientists and Technologists (SYST) 2019, Young Scientists and Technologists Scheme, DST SYST 2019, 2019 DST SYST, DST Young Scientists and Technologists. Check out the Biotecnika Times Newsletter and the Podcast that we have for free listen on SoundCloud.