IISER Tirupati PhD Admissions 2019
The official announcement for the IISER Tirupati PhD Biology Program Admissions August 2019 has been made and the application portal has been opened. Interested applicants can check out all of the details on the course offeres, the minimal eligibility criteria, additional eligibility criteria and application procedure and such below:
This call expires in :
IISER Tirupati invites applications from potential candidates for entrance into the PhD programme, August 2019. IISER Tirupati admits students in the areas of Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics and Earth & Climate Sciences and related interdisciplinary Regions of research. Along with research, the programme involves coursework and teaching assistantship.
Please be aware that the exact eligibility criteria for August 2019 admissions might differ from department to department and are given below. Information about individual faculty profiles and regions of research can be obtained from the IISER Tirupati site.
The broad Regions of research, significant dates and eligibility standards in each department are as follows:
Biophysics, Cancer Biology, Immunology, Ecology and Evolution, Genomics and Systems biology, Stem cells and developmental biology, Plant biology, Cell biology, Infectious disease biology, Genome biology, Chemical biology and Neurobiology.
Students with minimum 55% marks in aggregate (total percent; together with all subjects) or CGPA 6.0 on a 10-point scale in Master’s degree in any branch of Science
Physics/Chemistry/Mathematics/Biological Sciences/Ecological Sciences/Agricultural Sciences/ Psychology M.Tech/ M.VSc or MBBS degree or any equivalent degree.
Candidates with BE/B. Tech degree with minimum 60% marks in aggregate (overall percent; not only in the majoring subject) or CGPA 6.5 on a 10-point scale may also apply.
Additional Eligibility Criteria:
- JGEEBILS 2019 examination or DBT-JRF-A / ICMR-JRF/ DBT-BINC / ARS-NET (ICAR)
- For CSIR-LS rank-holders up to rank 200 are eligible
- For DAE-JEST/GATE rank-holders up to rank 600 (GATE Life Sciences) are eligible. No cut-off for GATE Ecology.
General Information to the Applicants:
The candidate MUST have:
A. Qualified at least ONE of those aforementioned additional eligibility criteria
b. A valid CSIR/UGC-JRF or CSIR/UGC NET-LS(Date of evaluation must be December 2016 or later) or INSPIRE-Ph. D. fellowship
C. IISER BS-MS (All IISERs) Dual degree students having CGPA >= 8.0.
- The fellowships/scores/ranks have to be valid at least until August 2019. Please be aware that the admission standards can vary during the next round of entrance.
SC/ST, PD and KM candidates percent might be relaxed with 5 percent or 0.5 in the event of CGPA.
- Candidates in the final year of their qualifying degree are also eligible to apply. But, their final selection is subject to the successful conclusion of their qualifying degree together with the above-mentioned requirements in the time of admission. A provisional degree certificate is compulsory in the time of admission (Scheduled to be 1st August 2019).
- Candidates that have qualified no additional national level examination but have only emerged for CSIR-NET (Dec 2018 session) qualify to apply now. Screening and Selection interview of these candidates will be subject to qualifying the CSIR- NET.
Only online applications will be approved. Applicants may submit their forms for the Biology discipline in the next link:
- The shortlisted candidates will be called for interview and a final decision is based on interview performance.
- TA/DA will be supplied to the SC/ST/PD students looking for the meeting according to institute norms.
- Applying doesn’t automatically ensure that a candidate will be shortlisted for interview. The respective departments may use additional standards (according to academic performance and/or performance in the national level tests) to shortlist applicants for interviews.
Upon selection and subsequently joining the PhD program, applicants who don’t have any CSIR, DBT and INSPIRE, will be qualified for institute fellowship at par together with CSIR, DBT etc., however minus HRA component.
All communication with applicants will be by email only.
Kindly check this site for periodic updates.
In case of any application-related specific questions, please contact the respective departments along with your application number cited in the subject at the following email addresses:
Preferably not over 28 yrs at the time of joining. Age relaxation of 3yrs will be given for OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) and 5 years for SC/ST/PD/Female applicants. Candidates belonging to reserved category might need to submit applicable certificates if chosen. Relaxation might also be given whenever suitable candidates aren’t available, in extraordinary circumstances.
- Opening date of Online Application: March 05, 2019
- The final date of Online Application: April 15, 2019
- The announcement of Shortlisted Candidates for the Interview: April 20, 2019
- Interview of Shortlisted Candidates: May 9-11, 2019
- The announcement of Interview Results: Period I: May 13, 2019
- *Phase II:
Registration of PhD Programme: August 01, 2019
*: Phase-II interview dates (to be held in June-July) will be notified after the CSIR results are declared. The results of phase-II are going to be declared shortly after the interviews.
Editor’s Note: IISER PhD Admission Aug 2019, IISER PhD Biology Program August 2019, IISER PhD Admissions August 2019, IISER PhD Admission 2019, August PhD Admission 2019. Check out the Biotecnika Times Newsletter – and also make sure to check out our Podcast that is released on a weekly basis for free listen on SoundCloud.