DBT-BET 2019 / DBT JRF 2019 Exam Date, Application, Eligibility
The wait is over. Official notification for DBT-BET 2019 Exam has been released by the Department of Biotechnology. Candidates willing to get DBT-Junior Research Fellowship must undergo DBT – Biotechnology Eligibility Test (BET) 2019 to be held on 14th April 2019. More details like Eligibility Criteria, Qualification, Mode of selection, Application Fee, Application details, Last date to apply can be viewed below.
DEPARTMENT OF BIOTECHNOLOGY
Ministry of Science & Technology, Govt. of India
DBT-Junior Research Fellowship
(DBT-JRF) in Biotechnology (2019)
Biotechnology Eligibility Test (BET) 2019
DBT-BET 2019 Important Dates
|Online Registration Start||February 20, 2019|
|Online Registration Close||March 22, 2019|
|BET 2019||April 14, 2019 (Sunday)|
|Display of question paper and answer key on the website||April 15, 2019|
|Last date of accepting representation of any discrepancy in Question paper & Answer key||April 25, 2019|
|Declaration of BET 2019 Result||May 22, 2019|
Applications are invited from bonafide Indian citizens, residing in India for the award of”DBT-Junior Research Fellowship”(DBT-JRF) for pursuing research in frontier areas of Biotechnology and Life Sciences. The candidates will be selected through “Biotechnology Eligibility Test(BET)”.Based on performance in BET, two categories of merit list will be prepared (Category-l and Category-ll). The government of India norms for reservation will be followed for selection. Candidates selected under category-l will be eligible to avail fellowship under the programme. These will be tenable in any University/Institute in India where the selected candidate registers for Ph.D.programme. Candidates selected under Category-ll will be eligible to be appointed in any DBT sponsored project and avail fellowship from the project equivalent to NET/GATE, subject to selection through an institutional selection process. There will be no binding on Principal Investigators of DBT
sponsored projects to select JRF for their project from the category-ll list. Selection in category-ll will not entitle a student for any fellowship from DBT-JRF programme.
Qualification: M.Sc./ M.Tech./ M.V.Sc.or equivalent degree Integrated BS-MS/ B.E./ B.Tech.in discipline of Biotechnology.M.Sc./M.Tech.Bioinformatics Computational Biology. Students admitted under DBT supported Postgraduate Teaching Programs.M.Sc.Life Science/ Bioscience/ Zoology/Botany/ Microbiology/ Biochemistry/ Bio-physics.Candidates appearing in the final year examination are also eligible to apply.
Marks: Minimum 60%marks for General, EWS&OBC category and 55% for SC/ST/ Differently abled in aggregate (or equivalent grade)
Age Limit: Up to 28 years as on the last date of application ( 22nd March 2019)for General & EWS category. Age relaxation of up to 5 years(33 years) for SC/ST/Differently Abled/women candidates and up to 3 years (31 years)for OBC(Non-Creamy Layer)
DETAILS OF THE AWARD
DBT-BET(category-l)entitles a candidate for activation of fellowship subject to Ph.D. registration of the candidate in a recognized university or Institute in the country within 2 years from the date of issue of award letter. Registration for Ph.D. is the candidate’s
responsibility and DBT has no role/responsibility in this matter. Verification of documents will be carried out for shortlisted candidates. The award letter will not be issued to candidates found ineligible or who submit incorrect documents.
MODE OF SELECTION
The candidates will be selected by computer-based, “Biotechnology Eligibility Test (BET)”.A candidate may opt for any three centers of their choice from the options given in the application form. Efforts would be made to allot one of the three opted cities/centers. However, in certain cases candidates may be allocated a different city/ center due to administrative reasons. No TA/DA will be admissible to any candidate for attending the test.
MODE OF APPLICATION
For a detailed procedure for filling the application form, payment of application fee and uploading of required documents/certificates in the prescribed format, please visit the website http://www.bcil.nic.in/
A non-refundable and non-transferable application fee of Rs. 1000/-is payable online by General/ OBC/EWS candidates and Rs 250/- by SC/ST/Differently abled candidates.
How to Apply:
You can register for BET-2019 from the official BCIL website http://www.bcil.nic.in; from 20th February 2019 to 22nd March 2019.
Steps for Registration for BET 2019 are as follows:
• Register to create a Profile
• Login with system generated User ID and Password
• Submit Application, process payment (if applicable).
Upon creating a profile, you will receive a User ID and Password on your registered email ID and mobile number. Using these credentials, you can login as Registered Applicant to fill the Application form. The application may be saved at any stage and can be re-visited to complete later. Once the form is submitted, you will not be allowed to edit any details in the Application form.
Before you register
Kindly follow the instructions below before you start registration:
1. Check your eligibility for BET 2019 by referring to the advertisement on the website.
2. Ensure you have a valid and unique email address and mobile number.
3. “*” (asterisk) indicates a mandatory field. The boxes marked with this symbol are mandatory.
4. Keep the following information ready information for filling the form as given below:
a. Personal details
b. Qualifying Exam Mark sheets
c. Applicable Certificates to upload
d. Scanned images of your passport photo and signature (as per guidelines)
Step 1: Registration to get User ID and Password
• Go to: https://www.bcil.nic.in
• Then click on ‘BET 2019- Apply Online’
• Then click on `New Registration’, you will be redirected to registration form.
The entries in registration form cannot be changed once submitted, hence, ensure that you enter the required information as below correctly.
• Name of Candidate: This should be same as on valid government id proof.
• Date of Birth: Use the calendar icon to select the correct date.
• Email Address: Should be valid and unique. You will receive your User ID and Password on this email address only.
• Mobile Number: Should be valid and unique. You will receive your User ID and Password as an SMS on this number only.
The Captcha box is a special set of characters displayed on the screen. You will need to retype the characters in the box provided. This is a safety feature designed to ensure that a human is entering the details and not a computer program. If you have trouble reading the characters, click on ‘Get a new image’ to refresh the letters.
By selecting the ‘I Agree’ checkbox in the Declaration section, you are committing to be honest and fair in all your actions and information provided in the Registration Form. It is mandatory to agree to the contents in the Declaration to proceed to submit the form.
Confirmation of Registration
Within minutes of submitting the Registration Form, you will receive a User ID and password on the registered email id from the Administrator. Ensure that you check your mailbox immediately and that it is not considered as spam mail.
You will also receive the User ID and Password as an SMS on the registered mobile number. Using these credentials, you may proceed to complete your application.
This ends Step 1 of the Registration Process
Step 2: Fill Application Form
Registered Users Click on `Applicant login’ for Application form with User ID and password received on your email and mobile number.
Please read the important instructions carefully and click on ‘Continue’ button.
The Application Form is categorized into the following four sections:
1. Personal Details
2. Qualification Details
3. Document Upload
Read the Note on top of the form before you begin filling the information. You can Save and Exit the form any number of times to edit and complete later or Save & Continue each section till you submit the application. However, you will not be allowed to continue, if mandatory information is not filled or the required certificates are not uploaded.
Once you have completed the last section, your application is considered complete. Post this, changes to any information provided on the application form is not possible. However, you may print or save the form from the website by login in again.
Please note after the form is submitted, payment has to be made for the test (if applicable). You can login by visiting https://bcil.nic.in and proceed with your payment. Please do not send the hard copy of the application submitted.
1. Personal Details
• Candidate Name and Date of Birth fields will be populated automatically based on the
information provided at the time of registering your profile.
• Select Gender (Male/Female/Transgender)
• Select the Category (General/SC/ST/OBC/EWS)
• Select Marital Status (Single/Married)
• Select Yes for Differentially abled (if applicable).
• Your Email id and Mobile number will automatically populate in Application form as filled during Registration process. If you wish to enter Alternate email id and mobile number you can fill details.
• Enter Your Correspondence Address, which will be used for communication.
• Enter your Permanent Address
Once this section is complete, click on Save and Continue to proceed to next section.
2. Qualifying Exam Details
• Select Your Qualifying Exam and respective subject.
• Please select your Exam status as Passed or Appearing in 2019.
• Select your University Name and Percentage of marks obtained.
• Select Date of Passing the Qualifying Examination.
Once this section is completed, click on Save and Continue to proceed to next section.
3. Documents Upload
• Upload your recent passport size photograph (Maximum 80 Kb size, in JPG/JPEG format)
• Upload your recent scanned signature (Maximum 80 Kb size, in JPG/JPEG format)
• Upload your Date of Birth Proof as per guidelines (Maximum 150 Kb size, in JPG/JPEG format).
Date of Birth Proof can be the DOB certificate in English or if in regional language then a
declaration in English; SSC Certificate; PAN Card; Passport.
• Upload your Qualifying Marks Certificate and Applicants appearing for Exam in 2019 have to upload scan copy of form in qualifying exam certificate duly filled and signed by HOD/HOI (Maximum 150 Kb size, in JPG/JPEG format).
Documents (if applicable):
• Category/Caste Certificate (Maximum 150 Kb size, in JPG/JPEG format).
• Differentially Abled Certificate (Maximum 150 Kb size, in JPG/JPEG format).
Note for Uploading Documents:
a) Please use the provided template forms only, for category/caste certificate and qualifying degree
certificate. No other formats will be acceptable.
b) The documents are to be uploaded in the mentioned size limits. The system will not accept documents beyond desired size limits.
Once documents are uploaded, Click on Save and Continue to proceed to next section.
4. Payment and declaration
• In this section applicants need to select Test City Preference. Applicants can select three different preferences of cities.
• Applicable test fee will be displayed as given below:
• General, EWS and OBC category – Rs. 1000/-
• SC, ST and Differentially abled – Rs. 250/-
• Candidate need to select mode of Payment: Net Banking/Card Payment
• After this, applicant must read declaration and submit the Application form. Before submitting, candidate must check whether he has filled all the mandatory details.
• For making the payment candidates will be directed to payment gateway.
• Until the payment is made (if applicable), the candidate will not be registered for the test.
• Please download the Acknowledgement Receipt for any future communication (if required).
Check Why You Must Write The DBT Biotech Entrance Exam – Eligibility & Benefits
E-Mail ID: [email protected]
Helpdesk Number: 02261087531
Note: Assistance on Helpdesk Number is available from Monday to Saturday from 09:00 am to 06:00 pm.
Keywords: DBT BET 2019, DBT-BET 2019, DBT JRF 2019 Exam, DBT 2019 Exam, DBT-BET 2019 JRF Exam, DBT JRF 2019, DBT JRF 2019 Exam, DBT JRF 2019 Application form, DBT JRF 2019 notification, DBT-BET Programme, DBT- JRF programme, BET 2019, Biotechnology Eligibility Test 2019, Biotechnology Eligibility Test, DBT BET 2019 Exam Date, PhD DBT entrance exam, DBT Exam 2019. DBT Biotech entrance exam.DBT-Junior Research Fellowship, DBT JRF Details, DBT-Junior Research Fellowship 2019.