Cancer Research UK PhD Studentships 2019
The official notification for the September 2019 entry for Cancer Research UK 4 year PhD Studentships is now open. Cancer Research UK 4 year PhD Studentships September 2019. Interested and eligible candidates can check out all of the details on the same below:
This call expires in :
Now recruiting for September 2019 entry
Cancer Research UK 4 year PhD studentships
As part of an exciting and ambitious Cancer Research UK Accelerator Programme, we have funding for the below four-year PhD studentships to commence in September 2019.
Our Institute has an international reputation for cancer research, with world-renowned experts in the field.
Our training programme aims to develop a cohort of scientists equipped both intellectually and technically to conduct the highest quality research on cancer.
Our research degrees are supplemented by a comprehensive support programme, providing training in a wide range of biomedical laboratory methods and other vital transferable skills.
We are now inviting applications for the following projects:
Characterising the immune signatures that drive the evolution of follicular lymphoma from pre-malignant to malignant states
Development and implementation of computational systems biology approaches for the identification of novel therapeutic targets in follicular lymphoma
Useful information about these studentships and the application process:
Who Should Apply?
Academic Entry Requirements
These studentships are open to graduates with either:
- a 2:1 or 1st degree in a related subject; or,
- a 2:2 in a related subject with a subsequent MSc awarded with Merit or Distinction
If your degree has not yet been awarded but you are expected to meet the above entry requirements you are welcome to apply.
For more information on international equivalencies please see here.
English Language Requirements
Applicants for whom English is not the first language will also require a minimum IELTS score of 6.5 (with 6.0 in the written component), or equivalent, unless your undergraduate degree was studied in, and awarded by, an English speaking country. For more information on acceptable English language qualifications please see here.
Please note that funding for these fellowships is only provided at the home/EU rate.
These studentships include the following funding for 4 years:
- A tax-free annual stipend of £21,000
- Tuition Fees at the Home/EU rate
- Project consumables
How to Apply:
You will need to complete our online application form. You will be required to include the following as part of your application:
- Your CV
- Statement of purpose
- Details of 2 referees. At least one of your references must be an academic one.
- Copy of your transcript(s), including a breakdown of marks
- If applicable, proof of English proficiency
When completing the application form, please ensure that:
- In the Research Proposal section, you indicate the name of the supervisor and title of the project that you are applying for. There is no requirement to upload a Research Proposal as you will be applying for a specific project
- Within the Funding section, you select I am a QMUL PG Research Studentship applicant and then type CRUK Accelerator studentship in the box below
- You provide all supporting documents, as we are unable to consider incomplete applications.
Who should I contact if I have a question?
If you have a question about a specific project please contact the supervisor directly. For general enquiries about the PhD studentship or application process please contact bci-[email protected]
What happens after I submit my application?
Successfully shortlisted candidates will be invited to an interview at Barts Cancer Institute.
We are in the process of securing a date for the interviews and will publish the date here once it has been confirmed.
Application deadline: 18 January 2019
Editor’s Note: Cancer Research UK (Barts Cancer Institute) phd studentships, phd studentships 2019 Cancer Research UK. Barts Cancer Institute phd studentships. Barts Cancer Institute phd studentships 2019. Check out the Biotecnika Times Newsletter and also, don’t forget to listen to the Podcast we have for free on SoundCloud.