Taiwan International Graduate Program (TIGP) 2019
The official notification for the Taiwan International Graduate Program (TIGP) 2019 has been made. Interested candidates can check out all of the details on the courses offered, timeline, application procedure and such below:
This call expires in :
TIGP is jointly organized by Academia Sinica in association with Taiwan’s key national research universities. The program provides an all-English advanced-education environment for young academic talent from Taiwan and abroad. The following all offer PhD degree programs. To learn more about a specific option, please select it from the list to proceed to the program’s website/brochure:
The interdisciplinary PhD programs offered:
1. Chemical Biology and Molecular Biophysics
2. Molecular Science and Technology
3. Molecular and Biological Agricultural Sciences
4. Molecular and Cell Biology
6. Nano Science and Technology
7. Molecular Medicine
8. Earth System Science
10. Interdisciplinary Neuroscience
11. Sustainable Chemical Science and Technology
12. Social Networks and Human-Centered Computing
Our Partner Institutions:
To ensure the best teaching support and intellectual environment, TIGP provides
world-class faculty and state-of-the-art facilities by working closely with prestigious local
universities (listed below) and prominent researchers with respective expertise
Requirements and Admission Criteria:
1. Bachelor’s Degree and/or Master’s Degree (Some programs only accept applicants with a Master’s degree, please check each program’s admission requirements).
2. English Proficiency Test Score: TOEFL, IELTS or GEPT
3. GRE Score (optional)
4. Transcripts (Please provide an explanation for any nonstandard grading system)
5. Three Letters of Recommendation
6. Statement of Purpose
Applicants whose first or native language is not English are required to take a test of English proficiency as part of the application procedure. One of the following language test
scores must be provided for application and the minimum requirements are summarized as follows:
Exemption from the English proficiency requirement:
The test of English proficiency can be exempted for applicants graduated from universities where English is the primary language of instruction if the applicant provides an
official certification issued by the university’s registrar office. The eligibility of exemption is subject to each program.
How to Apply:
1. TIGP offers admissions for the fall semester only.
2. The official application deadline is March 31, every year.
3. The application may be submitted through the online application system (recommended)
(http://tigp.apps.sinica.edu.tw/index.php) or by post to TIGP Office of Admission: No. 128, Section 2, Academia Road, Taipei 11529, Taiwan, Academia Sinica.
4. Please submit all required application materials before March 31:
￭ Application Form
￭ Academic Records (Transcripts) and Degree Certificates (Diplomas)
￭ Statement of Purpose and Research Plan
￭ Letters of Recommendation
￭ English Proficiency Certificates (TOEFL, IELTS, GEPT, etc.)
￭ The Graduate Record Examination (GRE) (if required by the relevant program applied)
￭ Additional Information (research and/or working experiences, published papers, etc.)
Stipend and Living:
- TIGP provides fellowship support of NT$34,000 (about US$1060) per month for all graduate students during the first year of their enrollment. The support will be extended for another two years upon evidence of satisfactory progress towards the degree. In subsequent years, the financial support will be provided by the student’s thesis
advisor. The amount of the support will be at the discretion of the advisor.
- Living and housing costs: On-campus self-catering student dormitory costs NT$5,500/ month per single room. Off-campus private housing is generally more expensive, with monthly rents ranging from NT$5,000-15,000 for single rooms, NT$12,000-20000 for apartments with 2-3 rooms. Meals are available at modest costs at various eateries on and around the campus of Academia Sinica.
No application fee is required. Applicants can apply online for admission to the program. Please apply at TIGP online application system before 31 January 2019 (GMT+8):
Applicants can also apply by post. Please send the completed application to:
Taiwan International Graduate Program
No. 128, Section 2, Academia Road, Nankang District,
Taipei City 11529, Taiwan, R. O. C.
Deadline: before 31 January 2019 (GMT+8)
Editor’s Note: Taiwan International Graduate Program (TIGP) 2019 admissions, TIGP PhD Admissions 2019, TIGP 2019 Admissions, make sure you check out the Biotecnika Times Newsletter and also make sure you listen to the Podcast we have for free on SoundCloud.