NRSM 2018 – National Conference | Registrations Open
The National Research Scholars Meet (NRSM) in Life Sciences, previously known as Graduate Students Meet (GSM), is an annual event organized by the graduate student fraternity of Advanced Centre for Treatment, Research & Education in Cancer (ACTREC). The Meet is solely organized by the students and for the students. The idea of organizing such a unique meeting was first conceptualized in 2005 and since then this event has successfully garnered popularity and prestige among the student community from diverse fields of biological sciences. The conference is now stepping into its 14th year.
This call expires in :
NRSM 2018- National Conference | Registration Open
Abstract deadline extended up to 26th November
14th Annual Conference in Life Sciences
National Research Scholars Meet in Life Sciences
Theme: Life Sciences
Motto: ENVISION INNOVATE TRANSLATE
3rd and 4th December 2018
Venue: Advanced Centre for Treatment, Research and Education in Cancer
(ACTREC), Tata Memorial Center (TMC), Kharghar, Navi Mumbai
PhD Scholars of ACTREC
Email: [email protected]
We are pleased to invite you to a national, scientific conference-NRSM-2018 being held at
ACTREC-TMC annually. This conference has been organised by the student fraternity of
ACTREC since year 2005. We have always invited eminent speakers in this conference for
scientific talks and this year as well, we are fortunate to have a panel of amazing speakers
which will surely broaden your spectrum of knowledge. The Speaker list includes three
Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar award winners – Dr. Shouvik Maity, Dr. Rajesh Gokhale, Dr.
Thomas Pucadyil and the Tiger lady of India Dr. Uma Ramkrishnan (as a plenary speaker).
Moreover NRSM 2018 is special because of the privileged appearance of Ramon Magsaysay
awardees Dr Bharat Vatwani as our chief guest and Sonam Wangchuk as our motivational
This conference also provides you with the opportunity to present your research in front of a competent scientific community. We would like you to take advantage of this rare forum
created “By the Students, For the Students” Please join us as NRSM-2018 pushes the boundaries of knowledge and innovation.
This brochure provides general information about the conference, registration, and relevant information. Kindly visit the conference website for more details. We look forward to your active participation.
- Epigenetics, genomics & gene editing
- Diseases biology
- Ecology & evolution
- Plant biotechnology
- Biophysics & protein-protein interaction
- Cell signalling & membrane trafficking
- Dr. Bharat Vatwani (Chief Guest)
- Dr. Uma Ramakrishnan (Plenary Speaker)
- Mr. Sonam Wangchuk (Interactive Webinar)
- Dr. Souvik Maiti (Keynote Speaker)
- Dr. Rajesh Gokhale (Keynote Speaker)
- Dr. Thomas Pucadyil (Keynote speaker)
Highlights of the Conference:
- Panel discussion with entrepreneurs
- Creative corner
- Cultural Evening
|Categories||Date Particulars||Registration Fees||Accommodation + Registration Fees|
|Deadline for registration & abstract submission||26th November 2018||Rs. 1500/-||Rs. 2500/-|
|Spot Registration||Rs. 2000/-||*Rs. 3000/-|
*Accommodation for spot registration is subject to availability
Registration & payment details:
- Please click here for online registration
- Please provide a valid e-mail ID in the online form. All communications/ updates will
be sent to the same.
- The payment of Registration fee is via ONLINE MODE, the details of which have
been given in the form.
- IMPORTANT NOTE: Please mention the Transaction ID, Bank Name and branch,
and name of the recipient of acknowledgement in the Payment Section of Online
- Registration fee is non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Registration fee includes conference kit, breakfast, snacks, lunch and dinner.
- Participants arriving on 1st December 2018 or departing on 5th December 2018
should make their own arrangements for stay and food on these days.
- For registration query please contact:
Mr Sanket Desai: +91 9766907395, [email protected]
Account Name: TATA MEMORIAL CENTRE – ACTREC
Bank Name: CENTRAL BANK OF INDIA
Branch Name: KHARGHAR BRANCH
Bank Account Number: 1797305746
RTGS/IFSC Code: CBIN0284047
Guidelines for abstract submission:
- Abstract must be submitted in online registration form as a word file ( .doc / .docx /
- Abstract must be in English, font – Times New Roman, size – 12, spacing – 1.5
and should not exceed 250 words, excluding references.
- Title should be in bold. Do not italicize (unless required) or underline any items in the
- Authors should be listed by first name followed by surname. Name of presenting
author should be underlined. The presenting author must be a registered participant.
- Mention the complete name of the institution in which the work is carried out,
followed by city.
- Avoid abbreviations in title.
- Avoid tables, graphs and images in the abstract.
- Once submitted, no correction in the abstract is possible.
- For abstract related query please contact:
Abhilash Deo: +91 9423787500, [email protected]
Aniketh Bishnu: +91 9869570454, [email protected]
Guidelines for poster submission:
- Participants whose abstracts will be selected for poster and oral presentations will be
updated through mail.
- Participants selected for oral presentations will be given 10+5 minutes for
presentation and discussion
- Poster size: 4X3 Feet. The poster should include abstract, background, methods,
results and conclusions.
Editor’s Note: NRSM 2018, National Conference, National Research Scholars Meet in Life Sciences (NRSM 2018) national conference, National Research Scholars Meet in Life Sciences national conference, make sure you check out the Biotecnika Times Newsletter for more details.