NCCS PhD Admission March 2019 – Official Notification
NCCS, Pune has announced the PhD Admission – March 2019. Only post graduate students with valid qualification are eligible to apply for Ph.D. Admission March 2019 National Centre for Cell Science, Pune. National Centre for Cell Science NCCS PhD Admission – March 2019. Check out all of the details on the same below:
This call expires in :
NCCS PhD Admission- March 2019
NCCS, Pune, invites application from eligible candidates for admissions to PhD Programme of March 2019 session. The candidates should be a bonafide Indian National,a having consistently good academic record with a strong motivation to pursue research in modern biology leading to a Ph.D. degree and with eligibility that has been mentioned below:
Applicants with just post-graduate degree and having a valid fellowship from CSIR/DBT/ICMR/UGC/DST Inspire qualified in NETLS or GATE examination/BINC are entitled to apply. Applicants with a postgraduate degree who don’t have a fellowship but have qualified JGEEBILS examination conducted by NCBS/TIFR held on 10th December 2017 are also qualified to apply. Shortlisted applicants in the JGEEBILS results based on NCCS criteria will be just called for interview. A limited amount of fellowships will be provided by NCCS to the selected students who don’t have a fellowship from CSIR/ DBT/ ICMR/ UGC/ DST-Inspire/BINC nevertheless have qualified JGEEBILS and are chosen by NCCS. Submission of application to NCCS-Ph.D. programme does not automatically ensure that a candidate will be shortlisted for interview.
Shortlisted candidates meeting NCCS standards can appear for an interview to be held at NCCS through 29th and 30th January 2019. Detailed eligibility requirements are provided hereunder.
Eligibility for PhD Programme:
- Applicants should have Masters (postgraduate) degree in any branch of Sciences Together with Interest in pursuing research in Modern Biology and with at least 55 percent or Equal Grade Point Average (GPA) and with a valid fellowship from CSIR/DBT/ICMR/ /UGC/DST-Inspire qualified in NET-LS or even GATE examination/BINC etc.
- Applicants with post-graduate degree, who do not have individual fellowship but Have qualified JGEEBILS exam conducted by NCBS/TIFR on 10th December 2017 will be qualified to apply. Applicants will be shortlisted according to JGEEBILS Results by NCCS standards for an interview. NCCS decision in this regard will be final. Please mention your JGEEBILS December 2017 Reference Code on the very top of the Application form in the specified location.
- All the eligible complete applications received within the last date will be
screened and shortlisted candidates will be called for interview as per the
schedule is given below.
- Candidates who have qualified only for Lectureship in CSIR-UGC (NET) and the “Project List of ICMR” are not eligible.
- Other terms and conditions of the fellowship will be as per the norms of the funding agencies. The upper age limit for JRF shall be 28 years which is relaxable as per rules.
- Fellowship will be activated as per the funding agencies’ guidelines on
Direct Benefit Transfer basis. In such cases, NCCS will not be responsible for providing fellowship.
- Reservation will be as per GoI guidelines.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates who fulfil the above criteria can submit their typed application In the prescribed format linked below. The finished hardcopy Application form together with the copies of M.Sc. Marks statement and Fellowship certificate/ admit card should be sent to the Dean (Academics), National Centre for Cell Science, S. P. Pune University Campus, Ganeshkhind, Pune – 411 007 on or before 30th November 2018. SC/ST/OBC candidates should additionally attach an accurate copy of Caste Certification / Newest non-creamy layer certification together with the application form and Originals must be brought at the time of Interview. Application Fee of Rs. 100/ only (‘ One hundred only) ought to be sent along with the application form in the shape of a Demand Draft payable to DIRECTOR, NCCS in PUNE. Application Fee need not be paid by SC/ST students.
One-on-One interview will be held at NCCS, Pune of all shortlisted candidates as per the
selection criteria set by NCCS. Details of the interview process/schedule will be
published on the NCCS website along with the list of shortlisted candidates on 02nd January 2019.
Second class train fare by the shortest route will be paid to only SC/ST
Candidates as per rules. Candidates should make their own arrangements for stay
at Pune. Selected candidates will need to stay for two days more for interaction
and finalization of the guide.
Applicants should bring all originals along with an attested copy of the following documents at the time of Interview.
1) Birth certificate/ proof of Date of birth.
2) SC/ST/PWD category certificate from competent authorities.
3) Statement of marks of each year/semester of graduation.
4) Statement of marks of each year/semester of (M.Sc.)
5) Fellowship/ NET-LS /GATE Certificate/ JGEEBILS Admit card.
6) For OBC category, valid Non-creamy layer certificate.
For Queries: Applicants should e-mail at email@example.com. Phone enquiries will not be entertained.
View Notification Below
Editor’s Note: NCCS PhD March 2019 Admissions, NCCS PhD Admissions March 2019, NCCS Admissions 2019, March 2019 PhD Admissions NCCS, National Centre for Cell Science PhD Admissions March 2019. Make sure you are subscribed to the Biotecnika Times Newsletter and also check out the Podcast we have for free listen on SoundCloud.