Killam Postdoctoral Research Fellowships – Stipend of $50,000
The official notification for the Killam Postdoctoral Research Fellowship has been announced. Candidates are encouraged to apply for the UBC Killam Postdoctoral Research Fellowships. You are eligible to receive an annual stipend of $50,000 and $4,000 in travel allowance. Check out all of the details below:
This call expires in :
The Killam Scholarship and Prize Programmes were Created in memory of Izaak Walton Killam Throughout the Will of his wife, Dorothy Johnston Killam, and through gifts made Throughout her Life. Their principal aim is to support innovative research and education at five Canadian universities and the Canada Council for the Arts.
The UBC Killam Postdoctoral Research Fellowships are supplied yearly from the Izaak Walton Killam Memorial Fund for Advanced Studies and can be found for many fields of research. It had been Mrs Killam’s desire that those chosen to receive fellowships:”be likely to contribute to the advancement of learning or to win distinction in a profession. A Killam scholar shouldn’t be a one-man individual… Special distinction of intellect ought to be founded upon sound character.”
The amount of awards offered annually currently varies between five and three.
Annual Worth: $50,000 yearly stipend for a maximum of 2 years, and a travel study allowance of $4,000 over two years
Award Status: Active
To get a listing of departments and units, please visit:
Fellowships beginning in the 2019/20 cycle might not start earlier than May 1, 2019 and no later than January 2, 2020.
The applicant completes and submits an application form and arranges delivery of required documents to the UBC department or unit to which the application is being made. Each UBC department or unit sets its own deadline for receipt of applications.
To get a listing of sections and components, please visit:
For detailed info, the program and nomination forms and manuals will soon be available in summertime 2018.
In keeping with the original spirit of this Killam Endowments, the target of the Killam Postdoctoral Research Fellowships program will be to attract outstanding scholars from all over the globe to UBC so as to take part in innovative research which will improve interdisciplinary collaborations and help set them into leadership positions in the academic and broader community. Therefore, applicants have to have the ability to provide fresh intellectual insights to UBC.
- Should have completed all requirements of the PhD no more than 24 months before the anticipated fellowship start date. Completion of PhD demands refers to the date on which the candidate completed all of the steps needed for obtaining their degree. Even though these conditions may vary by degree and institution type, they generally consist of thesis defense corrections and thesis deposition. It’s not the convocation date. The period of eligibility may be extended for applicants that have had their career interrupted or postponed for the purpose of childrearing, sickness, or health-related family responsibilities. The disturbance (s) or delay(s) should have happened after the applicant completed all of the needs of the PhD. Be aware that the eligibility window is only going to be extended by the length of the delay(s) or disturbance (s), to a maximum of one year. A justification for the extension has to be provided in the Special Circumstances attachment.
- Shouldn’t have pursued PhD-level studies at any campus of the University of British Columbia.
- Shouldn’t currently hold a tenure-track or continuing faculty position in a college or university. Applicants who currently hold a temporary, term or non-tenure track faculty appointments are eligible to apply.
- Could be citizens of any country; however, there are no limitations regarding the nationality of applicants, successful applicants must Have the Ability to fulfil all Canadian immigration conditions.
Fellowships are tenable only at UBC, and fellows are expected to make the UBC campus their own base while holding the fellowship, aside from necessary research excursions (no longer than three months in each year of their fellowship).
Fellowships beginning in the 2019/20 cycle might not start earlier than May 1, 2019 and no later than January 2, 2020. Many fellowships commence between May and October. Please be aware you need to have completed all prerequisites of your PhD no longer than 24 months before the expected fellowship start date (by way of example, should you wish to begin your fellowship on May 1, 2019, you should have completed prerequisites for your PhD no earlier than April 30, 2017).
Excellence in scholarly work and independent research – 60 percent
- Quality of contributions to research thus far
- awards and scholarships held
- length of graduate studies, Considering the nature of the program and applicable personal conditions
- determination and ability to complete projects within a Proper Time Period
- critical thinking, judgment, creativity, initiative and freedom
Quality of proposed research project – 30 percent
- Merit, potential significance, clarity, feasibility of this proposed job
- significance of candidate’s work experience and academic training to area of suggested research
- suitability and quality of research environment (proposed supervisor, facilities, support of academic unit)
Personal qualities of this applicant – 10 percent
- Personality: integrity, collegiality and respect for others
- leadership skills
- as shown by job, athletic/artistic accomplishments, community participation, volunteering, etc..
- Preference will be given to applicants who haven’t already held a postdoctoral award or fellowship.
Enquiries concerning the Killam Postdoctoral Research Fellowship could be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Killam Postdoctoral Research Fellowship Deadline: November 12, 2018
Editor’s Note: ubc research fellowships, postdoctoral research fellowships, ubc killam postdoctoral research fellowship, killam postdoctoral research fellowships, canada research fellowships, check out the Biotecnika Times Newsletter and also follow us on all of our social media.