Department of Biotechnology
Ministry of Science& Technology, Government of India
DBT Junior Research Fellowship
(DBT – JRF) In Biotechnology 2018
Biotechnology Eligibility Test (BET) 2018
Applications are invited from bonafide Indian citizens. residing in India for award of “DST-Junior Research Fellowship (DBT-JRF)” for pursuing research in frontier areas of Biotechnology. The programme is being coordinated by Biotech Consortium India Limited (BCIL), New Delhi. The candidates will be selected through “Biotechnology Eligibility Test (BET)”. Based on performance in BET, two categories of merit list will be prepared (Category I and Category II). Government of India norms for reservation will be followed for selection. Candidates selected under category I (Top 275) will be eligible to avail fellowship under the programme. These will be tenable in any University/Institute in India where the selected candidates register for Ph.D. programme. Candidates selected under Category II (next 100 in merit list) will be eligible to be appointed in any DST sponsored project and avail fellowship from the project equivalent to NET/GATE, subject to selection through Institutional selection process. There will be no binding on Principal Investigators of DST sponsored projects to select JRF/SRF for their project from category II list .Selection in category II will not entitle student for any fellowship from DBT-JRF programme.
Qualification : M.Sc./M.Tech./M.V.Sc. with Biotechnology in title of degree, M.Sc.Neuroscience, M.Sc Molecular & Human Genetics, M.Sc Bioinformatics, M.Tech Bioproce ss Technology, B.Tech / B.E. in Biotechnology/Bioinformaict s (4-year course after 1O+2). Candidates appearing In the final year exa mination of the their qualifying degree are also eligible to apply.
Marks : Minimum 60% marks in aggregate (or equivalent grade) for General & OBC candidates and 55% for SC/ST/ Differently Abled candidates.
Age Limit : Upto 28 years as on the last date of application (5th February, 2018) for general category. Age relaxation of up to 5 years (up to 33 years) for SC/ST/Differently abled/women candidates and 3 years (31 years) for OBC (Non-creamy layer) candidates.
Details of the award
DS-T BET(category I) entitles a candidate for activation of fellowship subject to Ph.D registration of the candidate in a recognized university or Institute in the country within 2 years from the date of issue of award letter. Registration for Ph.D i s candidate’s responsibility and BCIL or DBT have no role/responsibility in this. Verification of documents will be carried out for shortlisted candidates only. Award letter would be Issued subject to verification of necessary documents.
Mode of selection
The candidates will be selected based on computer based’Biotechnology Eligibility Test (BET)’. A candidate may opt for any three centers of their choice to appear for the test from the options given In the application form. Efforts would be made to allot one of the three opted cities/centers. In certain cases candidate may be allotted a different city/center due to administrative reasons. TA/DA is not admissible to candidates for undertaking the test.
Mode of application :
For detailed procedure, registration and up loading of documents /certificates, please visit: http://www.bcil.nic.in/ . A non refundable and non-transferable application fee of Rs 1000/- is payable online by General / OBC candidates. SC/ST/Differently abled candidates are exempted from payment of the application fee.
Important Dates :
|Opening Date for On-Line Registration of Application||02-Jan-2018|
|Last date for Completion of On-Line Registration||05-Feb-2018|
|Publication of the List of Candidates to appear for BET-2018||19-Feb-2018|
|Admit Card Download||27-Feb-2018|
|Date of BET-2018||18-Mar-2018|
E-Mail ID : [email protected]
Toll Free No: 18002663097
Note : Assistance on Toll Free number is available from Monday to Saturday between 09:00 AM to 06:00 PM.
How to Apply Guide
You can register for BET-2018 from the official BCIL website; from 02nd January 2018 to 05th February 2018.
Steps for Registration for BET 2018 are as follows:
- Register to create a Profile
- Login with system generated User ID and Password
- Submit Application, process payment (if applicable).
Upon creating a profile, you will receive a User ID and Password on your registered email ID and mobile number. Using these credentials you can login as Registered Applicant to fill the Application form. The application may be saved at any stage and can be re-visited to complete later. Once the form is submitted,you will not be allowed to edit any details in the Application form.
Before you register
Kindly follow the instructions below before you start registration:
1. Check your eligibility for BET 2018 by referring to the advertisement on the website.
2. Ensure you have a valid and unique email address and mobile number.
3. “*” (asterisk) indicates a mandatory field. The boxes marked with this symbol are mandatory.
4. Keep the following information ready information for filling the form as given below:
a. Personal details
b. Qualifying Exam Mark sheets
c. Applicable Certificates to upload
d. Scanned images of your passport photo and signature (as per guidelines)
Step 1: Registration to get User ID and Password
- Go to: https://www.bcil.nic.in
- Then click on ‘BET 2018- Apply Online’
- Then click on `New Registration’, you will be directed to registration form.
The entries in registration form cannot be changed once submitted, hence, ensure that you enter the required information as below correctly.
- Name of Candidate: This should be the same as on valid government id proof.
- Date of Birth: Use the calendar icon to select the correct date.
- Email Address: Should be valid and unique. You will receive your User ID and Password on this email address only.
- Mobile Number: Should be valid and unique. You will receive your User ID and Password as an SMS on this number only.
The Captcha box is a special set of characters displayed on the screen. You will need to retype the characters in the box provided. This is a safety feature designed to ensure that a human is entering the details and not a computer program. If you have trouble reading the characters, click on ‘Get a new image’ to refresh the letters.
By selecting the ‘I Agree’ checkbox in the Declaration section, you are committing to be honest and fair in all your actions and information provided in the Registration Form. It is mandatory to agree to the contents in the Declaration to proceed to submit the form.
Confirmation of Registration
Within minutes of submitting the Registration Form, you will receive a User ID and password on the registered email id from the Administrator. Ensure that you check your mailbox immediately and that it is not considered as spam mail.
You will also receive the User ID and Password as an SMS on the registered mobile number. Using these credentials, you may proceed to complete your application.
This ends Step 1 of the Registration Process
Step 2: Fill Application Form
Registered Users Click on `Applicant login’ for Application form with User ID and password received on your email and mobile number.
Please read the important instructions carefully and click on ‘Continue’ button.
The Application Form is categorized into the following four sections:
1. Personal Details
2. Qualification Details
3. Document Upload
Read the Note on top of the form before you begin filling the information. You can Save and exit the form any number of times to edit and complete later or Save & Continue each section till you submit the application. However, you will not be allowed to continue, if mandatory information is not filled or the required Certificates are not uploaded.
Once you have completed the last section, your application is considered complete. Post this, changes to any information provided on the application form is not possible. However, you may print or save the form from the website by login in again.
Please note after the form is submitted, payment has to be made for the test (if applicable). You can login by visiting https://bcil.nic.in and proceed with your payment. Please do not send the hard copy of the application submitted.
1. Personal Details
- Candidate Name and Date of Birth fields will be populated automatically based on the
information provided at the time of registering your profile.
- Select Gender (Male/Female/Transgender)
- Select the Category (General/SC/ST/OBC)
- Select Marital Status (Single/Married)
- Select Yes for Physically Handicapped (if applicable).
- Your Email id and Mobile number will automatically populate in Application form as filled
during Registration process. If you wish to enter Alternate email id and mobile number you can fill details.
- Enter Your Correspondence Address, which will be used for communication.
- Enter your Permanent Address.
Once this section is completed, click on Save and Continue to proceed to next section.
2. Qualifying Exam Details
- Select Your Qualifying Exam and respective subject.
(Note: – For B.Tech. and B.E. Applicant’s ONLY Biotechnology will be default subject)
- Please select your Exam status as Passed or Appearing in 2018.
- Select your University Name and Percentage of marks obtained.
- Select Date of Passing the Qualifying Examination.
Once this section is completed, click on Save and Continue to proceed to next section.
3. Documents Upload
- Upload your recent passport size photograph (Maximum 80 Kb size, in JPG/JPEG format)
- Upload your recent scanned signature (Maximum 80 Kb size, in JPG/JPEG format)
- Upload your Date of Birth Proof as per guidelines (Maximum 150 Kb size, in JPG/JPEG format).
- Date of Birth Proof can be the DOB certificate in English or if in regional language then a
declaration in English; SSC Certificate; PAN Card; Passport.
- Upload your Qualifying Marks Certificate and Applicants appearing for Exam in 2018 have to upload scan copy of form in qualifying exam certificate duly filled and signed by HOD/HOI (Maximum 150 Kb size, in JPG/JPEG format).\
- Soft copy of certificate is available on website https://bcil.nic.in.
Documents (if applicable):
- Category/Caste Certificate (Maximum 150 Kb size, in JPG/JPEG format).
- PH Certificate (Maximum 150 Kb size, in JPG/JPEG format).
Note for Uploading Documents:
a) Please use the provided template forms only, for category/caste certificate and qualifying degree certificate. No other formats will be acceptable.
b) The documents are to be uploaded in the mentioned size limits. The system will not accept documents beyond desired size limits.
Once documents are uploaded, Click on Save and Continue to proceed to next section.
4. Payment and declaration
- In this section applicants need to select Test City Preference. Applicants can select three different preferences of cities.
- Applicable test fee will be displayed.
- Candidate need to select mode of Payment: Net Banking/Card Payment
- After this, applicant must read declaration and submit the Application form. Before submitting, candidate must check whether he has filled all the mandatory details.
- For making the payment candidates will be directed to payment gateway.
- Until the payment is made (if applicable), the candidate will not be registered for the test.
- Please download the Acknowledgement Receipt for any future communication (if required).