Applications Invited : India | EMBO Symposia 2019 : Funding of 60,000 Euros
This call expires in :
The Wellcome Trust/DBT India Alliance (India Alliance) and European Molecular Biology Organization (EMBO) are looking to fund interdisciplinary meetings that cover the latest developments in research areas underserved in India. These meetings should address discovery and innovation through an interdisciplinary approach, with the speakers and participants discussing important global challenges in the context of the life sciences.
Funding : The maximum funding available for an India | EMBO Symposia is 60,000 Euros.
- India | EMBO Symposia must take place in India, but scientists from anywhere in the world are eligible to apply, independent of their nationality.
- India | EMBO Symposia must cover frontier, pioneering and interdisciplinary areas of life sciences that are underserved in India, and include speakers with interdisciplinary expertise. Furthermore, the application should include a list of (mostly) confirmed speakers.
Applications must meet the following criteria to be accepted:
• Applications must cover an area of research that is underserved in India.
• Scientists from anywhere in the world are eligible to apply, independent of their nationality, but the meetings must be held in India.
• Meetings must be focused on frontier, pioneering and interdisciplinary areas of life sciences, and include speakers with interdisciplinary expertise.
Please note: After the meeting, the organizers must provide a position paper on the theme that includes a plan to catalyze research in that area in India. India Alliance may consider funding research in that area following expert advice and review.
The maximum funding available for an India | EMBO Symposia is 60,000 euros.
- The deadline for applications for meetings taking place between the 1st of January 2019 and the 31st of December 2019 is 15 February 2018, 14:00 CEST.
- Applicants will be asked to complete an online and an offline application form.
- All incoming applications are screened to ensure eligibility requirements are met.
- The decision on which proposals receive funding is jointly made by the EMBO Course Committee and the India Alliance Meetings Committee in May.
- All applicants are informed of the outcome of their application by email shortly after the committee meetings.
For detailed information on the eligibility criteria, application process, key dates, format of the meeting and required documentation, please consult the application guidelines or visit India | EMBO Symposia website.
Please do not contact the committee members directly. This may lead to your application being excluded from the review process.
Editor’s Note: Hi there, just a reminder to check out our Biotecnika Times Newsletter, if you haven’t already and also subscribe. It’s free – you just need to sign up for once and you are all set. For more such updates from the biosciences industry follow us on all of our socials. For more on symposiums, indian symposiums, wellcome trust dbt india alliance, wellcome trust updates, wellcome trust news, keep up with Biotecnika