Hands on Training Programme @ MIET – Meerut Institute of Engineering and Technology
The last date is in :
Meerut Institute of Engineering and Technology (MIET), located in the National Capital Region (NCR), is one of the best and oldest self financed institutes in Uttar Pradesh, India. This Institute today is a leading Institute known for its academic excellence and placement. At MIET special emphasis has been placed on developing highly conducive environment for building of a solid foundation of knowledge, personality development, confidence building, pursuit of excellence and self-discipline which helps to produce professionals well trained for the rigors of professional and social life. It lays claim to have an extensive academic environment, finest faculties and best infrastructure to provide quality education. The Department of Biotechnology (DBT) at MIET, Meerut is one of the premier department in Biotechnology education & research in Uttar Pradesh, India. The department was established with the aim to be “Center of Excellence” by imparting quality education & developing vision & research skills in young Bio-technocrats. The Department of Biotechnology is also an Approved Research Center of Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Technical University, Lucknow, for conducting Ph.D Program. The Drosophila and nanobiotechnology toxicity laboratory of this Department is fully funded from DST, Govt of India and UPCST Lucknow Uttar Pradesh.
Hands on training programme on “Nano biotechnology and use of Drosophila as a genetics research model: perspectives in biological sciences, Health and Nanoscience”
Training schedules : December 04– 17, 2017
BACKGROUND AND SCOPE: The short term training course aims to highlight a
wide variety of aspects of development of Drosophila as model organism in
interdisciplinary research. This STTC includes hand on trainings and lectures by
experts and core committee members in the related fields.
OBJECTIVES OF THE COURSE:
- To train the faculty, mid-career UG/ PG scientist, and researchers in cutting edge laboratory research techniques in biological science, health science, animal science and medical science.
- To develop Drosophila as a model organism for the study of metal nanoparticles and toxicity
- To study the impacts of MNPs nanoparticles ingestion on pigmentation and developmental progression in Drosophila
- To facilitate sharing of information and expertise on Drosophila genetics, Nano-biotechnology, neurodegenerative, health and biotechnology.
Tentative programme will include the following:
- Learn basic handling and culture techniques for working with Drosophila.
- Apply concepts and principles of Mendelian inheritance patterns.
- Study of monohybrid, dihybrid, and sex-linked crosses
- Gain experience sorting, sexing, and crossing Drosophila through two generations.
- Perform a chi-square statistical analysis of experimental results.
- Drosophila as a powerful modern tool for teaching concepts in biology and biomedical research
- Drosophila: A model to test mysterious nanoparticles.
- Flying with Drosophila: from teaching to research lab
- Green synthesis of metal nanoparticles and their antimicrobial activity
- Systems biology approach in neuropsychiatric drug discovery and in understanding transgenerational epigenetic inheritance
- Squash Preparation of Polytene chromosome from Drosophila Larvae
- Dissecting and immunostaining of imaginal discs in Drosophila
- Metal Nanoparticles synthesis from chemicals as well as biological materials
- MNPs toxicity evaluated on adult and larval stages of Drosophila.
- Lipid peroxidation assay and total protein estimation in Drosophila
- Metal nanoparticles-conjugated with antibiotic and analysis their effects on health by using a modal organism Drosophila
- Lipids and pigmentation estimation of MNPs treated and Untreated Drosophila
- Impacts of MNPs nanoparticles ingestion on pigmentation and developmental progression in Drosophila
- Phenotypical neurodegenerative defects analysis on eye pigments in Drosophila.
- Assessment of Genetic variability through protein/ DNA polymor-phism (emphasis on data analysis)
Maximum Participants : 25
Registration fees : Free for all UG/PG teachers, researchers and mid career participants scientists only Industrial participants will pay Rs. 4000/-
Accommodation : Fee: 300/- per day (Including lodging and boarding charges) will be pay by all categories participants. (Accommodation will be provided at MIET campus on request basis)
Eligibility : Mid Career Scientist/UG and PG Teachers and Researchers of Biotechnology, Zoology, Botany, Genetics and allied Sciences. All eligible candidates may send their application form as well as Evaluation form to the course director email to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com by 25 November, 2017. Shortlisted candidate will be informed by mail before 28 November, 2017
Application Deadline: 25 November, 2017
For Contact & Application submission
Dr. Ajay Kumar Sharma
Convenor and Head,
Department of Biotechnology,
Meerut Institute of Engineering and Technology (MIET), Meerut Phone: 9045096732, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Pankaj Kumar Tyagi
Department of Biotechnology,
Meerut Institute of Engineering and Technology (MIET), Meerut Phone: 9368891622, email: email@example.com