SUN PHARMA SCIENCE SCHOLAR AWARDS-2017
FOR YOUNG SCIENTISTS
INVITATION FOR NOMINATIONS
HELP US TO DISCOVER BRILLIANCE AND YOUNG TALENT
IN BIOMEDICAL AND PHARMACEUTICAL SCIENCES
We invite Heads of Research Institutions, Universities, Medical and Pharmaceutical Colleges of India to nominate Young Scientists for the “Sun Pharma Science Scholar Awards-2017”.
These awards are meant to support the brilliant and upcoming new generation of scientists and researchers of India with an aim to provide further impetus to research activity in the country and to stimulate their interest in research careers in the fields of Bio-Medical and Pharmaceutical Sciences.
The Sun Pharma Science Scholar Awards-2017
There are four Science Scholar Awards, two each in Biomedical and Pharmaceutical Sciences.
Value of each scholar award is Rupees Fifty Thousand. Rupees Twenty Five Thousand will be given initially and the balance of Rupees Twenty Five Thousand will be given after the completion of studies and receiving report from the supervisor/Head of the Department.
However, the minimum period required between the two installments of the award prize is one year.
- Only Indian nationals doing their research in India are eligible for these awards.
- Age should be less than 30 years as on October 16, 2017.
- Should have completed at least 1st year of MD or PhD in Biomedical or Pharmaceutical Sciences. Applicants who have already completed their MD or PhD are not eligible for the Award.
- Should have completed a Research Project
- The Award is open to all disciplines related to Biomedical and Pharmaceutical sciences.
- Should be willing to present his/her research work in front of knowledgeable assessors.
How to apply
The applicants should submit their nominations Online Below :
The website will open to submit nominations from September 1, 2017 to October 16, 2017.
The following informations should be uploaded on the website.
1. Photograph of the Applicant
2. Category of the Award
3. Name of the Applicant
4. Date of Birth
6. Ongoing Course of the Applicant
7. Office, Residence Address of the Applicant with Mobile Number and E-mail Address
8. Name and Address of the Nominator with mobile Number and E-mail ID.
9. Letter from the Supervisor/Nominator certifying that the research work submitted for Sun Pharma Science Scholar Award has actually been done by the applicant.
10. Justification letter from the nominator for sponsoring the nomination, duly signed by the nominator.
After uploading the Justification letter from the sponsor of the nomination, the applicant will be provided a login id and password to upload the following information.
1. Detailed CV
2. Details of the research work/project conducted by the Applicant to be described under the following headings :
-Material and Methods
-Impact of the research in the advancement of knowledge or benefit to mankind
3. A voluntary declaration from the applicant that they would work in the public or private funded academic/research based organizations for a minimum period of two years after completion of his/her studies.
4. A letter stating that the project submitted for Sun Pharma Science Scholar Awards-2017 has received “Ethical Clearance” from the concerned authorities (please attach certificate of ethical clearance, if any).
5. A statement duly signed by the nominee and the supervisor/co-authors that academically or financially the thesis submitted for Sun Pharma Science Scholar Awards-2017 has “no-conflict of interest” with the supervisor or co-authors.
The applicant also should upload the following information with testimonials.
1. Class XII
a. Aggregate marks obtained in PCB/PCM
b. Number of attempts
c. Year of passing
2. Bachelor’s/ Master’s Degree
a. Aggregate marks obtained
b. Number of attempts
c. Year of passing
3. Publications, if any
a. Name of the journal/publication
b. Title of the article
c. Year, volume, page number of the article (Please upload reprint)
4. Merits and Awards
a. Name of the award/merit certificate, if any, already received by the applicant
a. Name of the scholarship, if any, already received by the applicant
6. Proof of age
After uploading the nomination on the website, it is required to send a print copy of the nomination along with all the uploaded information, to the office of Sun Pharma Science Foundation, to reach by October 20, 2017.
Method of short listing
The shortlisting will be done based on predetermined criteria of equal weightage and the quality of the research work. There will be two assessors each in the Biomedical and Pharmaceutical Sciences, who will evaluate the nominations independently and the average score of each will be taken into consideration. The first five candidates will be short listed in each group.
The short listed applicants– five each from Biomedical and Pharmaceutical Sciences will be invited by the Foundation to present their research work to a group of knowledgeable assessors. The applicants should be prepared to answer the questions, which may arise after the presentations. Besides the assessors, the other audience will include students, researchers and academicians.
There will be at least three assessors each in Biomedical and Pharmaceutical Sciences. The assessment will be based purely on voting by the assessors. In case of tie, the award will be jointly shared between two applicants.
Decision of the committee of the assessors will be final and cannot be challenged. The results will be conveyed either at the end of the session or by post, separately.
The selected candidates will be called as Sun Pharma Science Scholars’. A certificate to this effect will be presented during the award ceremony.
The selected Science Scholars are also expected to attend a national conference and present a paper in the area of their expertise and submit a report to this effect to the Foundation.
The Foundation will provide a lump sum grant of Rs.10,000/- to the Science Scholars to meet their expenses for attending the national conference.
To and fro apex air fare including boarding and lodging expenses when invited by the Foundation to receive the award. They will also be invited to participate in the annual Symposium, Research Awards Presentation Ceremony and Round Table Conferences organized by the Foundation to meet and interact with the outstanding scientists and researchers present on these occasions.
Last date : The deadline for submitting the nomination is October 16, 2017.
Responsibilities of the Science Scholars
The Sun Pharma Science Scholars will have no claim of any sort with Sun Pharma Science Foundation or Sun Pharma group of companies.
The Sun Pharma Science Scholars are expected to give a voluntary declaration that they would work in the public or private funded academic/research based organizations for a minimum period of two years after completion of their studies.
The Science Scholars will keep the Foundation informed about their achievements from time to time.
Please submit the nominations online latest by October 16, 2017 and send a print copy of the uploaded nomination to the office of Sun Pharma Science Foundation to receive by October 20, 2017.
For further details or clarification, please contact :
Office of Sun Pharma Science Foundation
Sarhaul, Sector-18, Gurgaon – 122015, Haryana (India)
Tel. (91-124) 2341477 (D) ; 4194400; 4194200;
e-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org