The 5th Global Forum on TB Vaccines is scheduled to be held at the Taj Palace Hotel, New Delhi from February 20-23, 2018.The organizing partners including the Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR), and the Translational Health Science and Technology Institute (THSTI), and Aeras.
It is the largest platform of its kind that brings eminent researchers, product developers and policymakers together to ensure better coordination and collaboration on the R&D of new, more effective TB vaccines.
KEY DATES AND DEADLINES
The deadline for submission of abstracts is 29 September 2017 (new). Abstracts must be received by 11:59pm Pacific Time on the deadline to be considered. The submitting author and presenting author will receive an email upon submission to confirm that the abstract has been received.
Notification of abstract acceptance or rejection will be sent to the presenting author of the abstract by 30 November 2017 (new). Communications will only be sent to the presenting author; no communications will be sent to co-authors.
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
- Abstracts must be submitted via the online submission platform.
- English is the official language of the Global Forum. Abstracts must be submitted in English. If an abstract is accepted for the Forum program, it must be presented in English.
- Authors must indicate whether they wish their abstract to be considered for oral or poster presentation, or considered for poster presentation only. The decision on acceptance for oral or poster presentation is made by the Organizing Committee.
- Abstracts may not exceed 2000 characters including spaces. Title, author names, affiliations, and funding sources are not included in this character limit.
- The abstract should include:
- A descriptive title of no more than 200 characters, including spaces, written in sentence case (e.g. Developing new vaccines to prevent tuberculosis)
- A list of authors, affiliated institutions, and countries, with the presenting author clearly indicated
- Discussion and Conclusion
- Funding Sources and/or conflict of interest (if not applicable, indicate “None”)
- Authors may include up to 4 key words (limit 100 characters including spaces).
- Authors are responsible for submitting an abstract without errors. Abstracts will be reproduced as they were submitted.
- Abbreviations/acronyms must be spelled out in full at first mention in the text.
- Authors are allowed to submit one table or one figure per abstract. The figure or table should be uploaded in jpeg, tiff, or PDF format and should not exceed 10 MBs. Please note that abstracts and accompanying charts will be printed in black and white in the program book.
- The person submitting the abstract should enter his or her details as the submitter.
- The details for the presenting author should be entered where indicated, even if the presenting author is the same as the submitter.
- To add co-authors, select the option to add additional authors, and enter the name, affiliation, and country for each co-author in the appropriate order. Include the submitting author if different than the presenting author.
- The presenting author will be listed first in the program book, followed by the additional authors in the order in which their names were submitted.
Saving and modifying abstracts
To save an abstract prior to submission, enter the abstract details and click “Next”. Please note that information must be entered in all required fields in order for the information to be saved. You can come back to the abstract at a later time to modify and submit.
You may modify a submitted abstract until the deadline of 11:59pm Pacific Time on 29 September 2017. Any modifications after that time should be submitted in writing to [email protected] and will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Submitting multiple abstracts
Authors are allowed to submit up to three abstracts.
If you would like to submit multiple abstracts at the same time, enter the information for one abstract, and then select the option to submit another abstract.
To submit an additional abstract at a later time, go to the abstract submission platform and click on “Already submitted”. Enter your email address and confirmation number, which can be found in the confirmation from your first submission. This will take you to your abstract. Select the option to submit another abstract.
Please indicate under which track the abstract falls based on the list below:
- Basic science research
- Novel vaccine concepts
- Preclinical vaccine development
- Clinical vaccine development
- Biomarkers and correlates of immunity and protection
- Chemistry, manufacturing and controls
- Access and regulatory issues
- Advocacy, policy and resource mobilization
- Community engagement
- Veterinary TB vaccines
All submitted abstracts will be reviewed by members of the Organizing Committee and the International and India Advisory Panels with expertise in the thematic area under which the abstract is submitted. Abstracts are reviewed anonymously. Abstract quality, relevance to TB vaccine R&D, methodology, findings, innovation in concept or approach, and contributions to understanding or results are all factors considered in review. Abstracts sharing new data and approaches are encouraged and will be prioritized for oral presentation.
Decisions on abstract acceptance and whether an abstract is accepted for oral or poster presentation will be made by members of the Organizing Committee.
Accepted abstracts will be published in the 5th Global Forum program book, in paper and/or electronic form, and will be distributed to all participants. Accepted abstracts may also be published online following the 5th Global Forum.
Accepted abstracts will not be published or distributed prior to the start of the 5th Global Forum. However, all accepted abstracts will be made available to session chairs under embargo at least one month before the start of the 5th Global Forum.
Submission of an abstract constitutes agreement to its publication as noted above.
Presenting authors must be registered for the 5th Global Forum by 31 December 2017, including payment of registration fees. If a presenting author has not registered and paid by 31 December 2017, the abstract will not be included in the program or in the program book.
Some travel support will be available to facilitate participation for those who would not otherwise be able to attend the 5th Global Forum. The deadline for travel support applications is 29 September 2017 (new).