University of Delhi
Delhi – 110007
Advt. No. HC/Teaching (16-17)/T/001
Online applications are invited in the prescribed Application Form available at web-link http://asl.du.ac.in/colrec2017/index.php from eligible candidates for appointment to the post of Assistant Professor, in the Pay Band of Rs. 15600-39100, AGP Rs. 6000/- (as per VI Pay Commission), in various Subjects in the College*.
Position : Assistant Professor
Pay Band : Rs. 15600-39100, AGP Rs. 6000/- (as per VI Pay Commission)
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATION FOR THE POST OF ASSISTANT PROFESSOR
The qualifications are in accordance with the UGC regulations 2010 and their subsequent amendments as adopted by the University of Delhi
I. Good academic record as defined by the concerned university with at least 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) at the Master’s degree level in a relevant subject from an Indian University, or an equivalent degree from an accredited foreign University.
II. Besides fulfilling the above qualifications, the Candidates must have cleared the National
Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC/CSIR.
(i) The Direct recruitment to the posts of Assistant Professors in the Colleges shall be on the basis of merit through all India advertisement and selections by the duly constituted Selection Committee.
(ii) The candidates, who are or have been awarded Ph.D. degree in accordance with the University Grant Commission (Minimum standards and procedure for awards of Ph.D. degree), Regulations, 2009, shall be exempted from the requirement of the minimum eligibility condition of NET for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professor or equivalent positions in University/Colleges/Institutes.
Provided further, the award of degree to candidates registered for the M.Phil./Ph.D programme prior to 11 July 2009, shall be governed by the provisions of the then existing Ordinances/Byelaws/Regulations of the Institutions awarding the degree and Ph.D candidates shall be exempted from the requirement of Net for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professor or equivalent positions in Universities/Colleges/Institutes subject to the fulfilment of the following conditions:-
a. PhD. degree of the candidate awarded in regular mode only;
b. Evaluation of the Ph.D. thesis by at least two external examiners;
c. Open Ph.D. viva voce of the candidate has been conducted;
d. Candidates has published two research papers from/based on his/her Ph.D. work out of which at least one must be in a referred journal;
e. Candidate has made at least two presentations in conferences/seminars, based on his/her Ph.D. work.
(a) to (e) as above are to be certified by Vice-Chancellor/Pro-Vice-Chancellor/Dean (Academic Affair)/Dean (University Instructions).
(iii) NET shall not be required for such Master’s Degree Programmes in disciplines for which NET or a similar test accredited by the UGC is not conducted.
(iv) A relaxation of 5% may be provided at the Graduate and Masters level for the Scheduled
Castes/Scheduled Tribes/Differently-abled (Physically and Visually differently-abled) /Other
Backward Classes (OBC) (Non-creamy layer) categories for the purpose of eligibility and for
assessing good academic records during direct recruitment to faculty positions. The eligibility
marks of 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is
followed) and the relaxation of 5% to the categories mentioned above are permissible, based on only the qualifying marks without including any grace mark procedures.
(v) A relaxation of 5% may be provided, from 55% to 50% of the marks to the Ph.D. Degree holders, who have obtained their Master’s Degree prior to 19 September 1991.
(vi) Relevant grade which is regarded as equivalent of 55% wherever the grading system is followed by a recognized university shall also be considered eligible.
(vii) The period taken by the candidates to acquire M.Phil. degree and the residency period prescribed for pursuing Ph.D. shall not be considered as teaching/ research experience to be claimed for appointment to the faculty positions.
(viii) The number of candidates to be called for interview for the faculty position in the University and its Colleges, shall be determined after screening of applications in accordance with the guidelines laid down by the Executive Council in this regard.
GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR APPLICANT
1. Applicants should possess the prescribed qualifications and experience as on the closing date of application, as prescribed by the University from time to time for the respective posts. All the above posts carry UGC pay scales plus admissible allowances. Applicants are required to produce specific certificates as per eligibility conditions. The posts are being advertised keeping in view the broad areas of specialization in subjects. However, the Department concerned may have specific requirement of specialization.
The applications received shall be screened as per screening guidelines attached with the
advertisement for short listing and recommending the applicants to be called for interview.
Merely fulfilling the minimum qualifications or the eligibility criteria does not entitle an
applicant to be necessarily considered or called for interview.
Publications ‘under submission’ or submitted to referees will not be considered towards
calculation of points for publication criteria. Further, all the items for which points are
claimed should be strictly in accordance with the screening guidelines attached with the
advertisement. The minimum Points requirement for shortlisting of applicants for the post of Assistant Professor will be as indicated in the screening guidelines of the University of Delhi.
2. Application fees and forms are to be submitted as per details given below:
• Rs. 500/- for UR/OBC category.
• No application fee will be charged from applicants from SC, ST, PwD and Women Applicants.
• Those who has applied in response to our earlier advertisement no. SCE/Dec-201/TP need
to apply afresh.
• Fees once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances.
Application forms have to be filled only in online mode, as available on the website of the
college, within the prescribed time limit indicated in the advertisement. No offline forms
would be accepted. Payment should be made online only, through credit/debit card/Net
Applications with incomplete information or without requisite fee shall be rejected.
Applicants applying for more than one post/department must apply separately and pay fees
3. The reservation for applicants from OBC (non-creamy layer), SC, ST, and Persons with
Disability (PwD) categories will be applicable as per UGC norms. Applicants seeking
reservation benefits available for SC/ST/OBC/PwD categories must upload the necessary
documents justifying the claim of respective reservation as per Govt. of India lists/rules/norms.
The certificate uploaded should be in the format prescribed by the Union Government.
In case the applicant wants to claim benefits under the PwD category, the applicant’s relevant disability should not be less than 40 per cent. Proof to this effect in the form of a valid Disability Certificate must be uploaded with the application.
Applicants applying for the post(s) reserved for OBC must upload certificate of OBC (non
creamy layer) in the prescribed form issued by Competent Authority. The certificate should be of the current financial year, in accordance with instructions issued by the Union Government in this respect from time to time. Applicants should ascertain that they belong to the reserve categories (caste) enlisted in the Central List.
If the relevant certificates for respective reserved categories are not uploaded with the
application, the application shall be rejected and no appeal against its rejection will be
4. Consequent upon adoption of self-certification provisions as required by the Govt. of India, the University shall process the applications entirely on the basis of information/documents
uploaded with the application. In case the information/documents are found to be false/incorrect by way of omission or commission, the responsibility shall lie solely with the applicant and the applicant shall be liable for action as per law.
The Shortlisted candidates called for interview should report along with all the
testimonials/certificates in original along with photo ID. A set of photocopy of
certificates/testimonials with respect to the qualifications and experience indicated in the
online application form, duly certified by the applicant should be submitted at the time of
5. Applicants serving in Government/Public Sector Undertakings (including Boards/Autonomous Bodies) are required to submit ‘No Objection Page 3 of 3 Certificate’ from the employer, at the time of interview, if not uploaded with the online application earlier.
6. All correspondence from the College including interview letter, if any, shall be sent only to the email address provided by the applicant in the online application form.
7. Canvassing in any form will be treated as a disqualification.
8. Applications which do not meet the eligibility criteria given in this advertisement and / or are incomplete in any respect shall be summarily rejected.
9. Applicants must NOT furnish any particulars that are false, tampered or fabricated, or suppress any material / information while submitting the online application and uploading self-certified copies/testimonials.
10. The number/category of posts advertised may vary, and the College reserves the right not to fill up some or all posts advertised.
11. Any consequential vacancies arising at the time of Interview may also be filled up from the available shortlisted candidates.
12. The College shall verify the documents submitted by and antecedents of the applicant at the time of appointment or anytime during the tenure of the service. In case it is found that the documents/information submitted by the candidate are false or the candidate has suppressed relevant information, the services of the candidate shall be terminated without prejudice to any other action initiated by the College.
13. In case of any inadvertent mistake in the process of selection, which may be detected at any stage even after issuing an appointment letter, the College reserves the right to
modify/withdraw/cancel any communication made to the applicant.
14. In case of any dispute/ambiguity that may occur in the process of selection, the decision of the College shall be final. Applicants are advised to satisfy themselves before applying that they possess the essential qualifications laid down in the advertisement.
15. No TA/DA shall be paid to candidates for attending interview.
16. The College reserves the right to offer the post at a level lower than that advertised/applied, or on contract basis, depending upon the qualifications, experience and performance of the candidate, wherever applicable.
17. Last date for submission of application is as indicated in the present advertisement uploaded on the College website.
18. In case of any dispute, legal jurisdiction will be Delhi.
The last date for receipt of application is 26/06/2017 or within two weeks from the date of publication of the advertisement in the Employment News, whichever is later.