Official Notification For CUCET – 2018 | Central Universities Common Entrance Test
This call expires in :
A consortium of 10 Central Universities of Haryana, Jharkhand, Jammu, Karnataka, Kashmir, Kerala, Punjab, Rajasthan, South Bihar and Tamil Nadu established by an act of Parliament and the Bengaluru Dr. B.R. Ambedkar School of Economics (BASE) registered under the Karnataka Societies Registration Act, jointly organize a combined CENTRAL UNIVERSITIES COMMON ENTRANCE TEST (CUCET -2018) for admission to their various programmes.
List of courses offered by the participating Central Universities, Eligibility Criteria, Number of Seats :
|University||Code||Eligibility Criteria and Number of Seats|
|Central Universities of Haryana||CUHAR||Click Here|
|Central Universities of Jammu||CUJAM||Click Here|
|Central Universities of Jharkhand||CUJHD||Click Here|
|Central Universities of Karnataka||CUKNK||Click Here|
|Central Universities of Kashmir||CUKAS||Click Here|
|Central Universities of Kerala||CUKER||Click Here|
|Central Universities of Punjab||CUPUN||Click Here|
|Central Universities of Rajasthan||CURAJ||Click Here|
|Central Universities of South Bihar||CUSBR||Click Here|
|Central Universities of Tamil Nadu||CUTND||Click Here|
|Bengaluru Dr B R Ambedkar School of Economics (BASE)||CUBRU||Click Here|
List of Programmes offered by the PUs , Eligibility Criteria, Number of Seats:
|1.||Under Graduate – UG||Click Here|
|2.||Post Graduate – PG||Click Here|
|3.||Research program – RP||Click Here|
- Reservation of Seats as per Government of India (GoI) / Participating Universities (PUs) Norms. Students are strongly advised to refer to website of individual PU for reservation policy of respective University.
- All applicants are advised to check the eligibility criteria thoroughly before applying for the programme, because, different universities have different eligibility criteria for similar programmes. Hence, students will be themselves responsible if they opt for a programme for which they are not eligible.
- Applications should be submitted ONLINE only; OFFLINE applications will NOT be accepted.
- Applicants are required to have a valid personal email ID and mobile number which should be kept active during the entire admission process, so that the university may send alerts, important communications etc. regarding entrance test on them. Under no circumstances, should the candidate share/ mention his/her email ID with any other person.
- As all communication will be made through email and SMS, please ensure that DND (Do Not Disturb) is not activated on your mobile.
- Applicants should be ready with his/her good quality and latest digital photograph and signature of size between 10KB – 20KB while applying, the detailed information about which has been given above in the GUIDELINES TO UPLOAD PHOTOGRAPH AND SIGNATURE.
- Applicants are required to fill in the details in the form carefully without making any spelling mistakes. On submission of online application successfully, applicants can make the payment for their selected programme by Online or Offline mode.
- An applicant can fill the form partially and login again to complete it as early as possible on or before the last date.
- Test Centre cities – Each candidate should choose Test Centre City of his/her choice from Annexure – II. Change of Test Centre City will not be permitted after submission of application form. In case, less than 100 candidates register for a particular centre, it will be cancelled and the candidates will be required to appear at nearby centre allotted to him/her (as given by the candidate or decided by CUCET 2018).
- Applicants will receive SMS and Email alerts at the time of registration and also after completing the registration.
- A candidate can apply for a particular programme for a maximum of three PUs with a maximum of 03 options of courses in each of the selected PU.
- In case a candidate wishes to opt for more PUs with additional (extra) course(s), he/she can opt for “Add-On” option by paying prescribed fee again.
- If an applicant pays the examination fee through Offline Challan mode of SBI, the bank charges (as levied by the bank) will be borne by the candidate.
- Candidates are allowed to appear for CUCET-2018 provisionally subject to the final verification of mark sheets/degrees/certificates, validity of certificates/mark sheets of qualifying examination and also of noninvolvement in the adoption of unfair means in any of the University Examinations/ Entrance Tests held earlier, at the time of admission.
- The candidates appearing in the qualifying examination can also apply for CUCET-2018, but at the time of admission counselling, he/she will have to produce the mark sheet/degree about their fulfilling the eligibility criteria.
- Mere appearance in the Entrance Test for securing pass marks at the CUCET-2018 does not entitle a candidate to be considered for admission to the Course applied unless he/she fulfils the eligibility criteria/conditions. APPLICANTS MUST FULLY SATISFY THEMSELVES ABOUT THEIR ELIGIBILITY AS PRESCRIBED, BEFORE FILLING IN THE APPLICATION FORM.
- If an applicant appears inadvertently at the Entrance Test who otherwise does not fulfil the minimum eligibility requirements, he/she cannot, at a later date, use that as a right to claim that he/she meets the eligibility requirements. Concerned University reserves the right to cancel/refuse admission at any point of time if it is found that:
(i) Minimum eligibility requirement are not fulfilled.
(ii) False documentation has been done, or, facts have been suppressed.
(iii) Any other similar valid reason.
- Candidates admitted to any Course in the concerned University shall not be eligible to pursue simultaneously any other full-time course in this or in any other University/ Institution.
Question Paper Pattern: –
All Question Papers will be MCQ based consisting of: –
(i) Part A : English Language, general awareness, mathematical aptitude and analytical skills – comprising of 25 MCQs
(ii) Part B: Domain Knowledge – comprising of 75 MCQs. This part may consist of one/two/three or more sections. Each section can have 25 or more questions. A candidate is required to answer a set of ‘X’ sections (75 questions) as specified on the front cover of the Test Question Booklet. However, he must ensure that he fills right circles in the OMR Sheet corresponding to the question numbers attended.
(iii) For example, Part B of Entrance Test-Paper (eg. UGQP01) shall consist of four sections i.e. Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology comprising 25 questions each. A candidate shall be required to attempt any three sections with combination of either PCM or PCB. While choosing the combination the candidate must ensure that he/she has appeared in respective subjects at 10+2 or Pre-board or equivalent qualifying exam.
(iv) If an Entrance Test-paper contents X number of sections and a candidate is required to answer Y number of section but if a candidate attempt all ‘X’ sections then best of ‘X’ sections as per instructions on the question booklet will be considered for preparation of Merit list.
(v) For Admission to some Integrated Courses/B.Voc./MBA/MCA/LLB or any other general course(s), only one paper comprising of 100 MCQs covering English language, reasoning, data interpretations/ numerical ability, general awareness and analytical skills will be held.
(vi) The candidate will have to choose one correct answer and mark on OMR Sheet. However if a candidate marks multiple entries in the OMR Sheet for particular question(s), it will be treated as wrong answer with negative marking.
(vii) Each paper will be only of Two Hours Duration.
(viii) There will be negative marking in CUCET-2018. Each correct answer will carry 01 mark and for each wrong answer, 0.25 mark will be deducted. Questions not attempted will not be assessed and hence will not be considered for preparing final merit list.
- After uploading of answer keys for various Test –papers for all UG/PG/PhD programmes on 30.04.2018, a candidate may submit his/her grievance through online mode only (no hard copy will be accepted), at firstname.lastname@example.org, if any, regarding any question in the paper in the following format upto 02.05.2018 (midnight):
- In case a candidate appears in Test-paper exam other than that specified in his/her application form/admit card, his/her exam will be cancelled. It is the responsibility of the candidate to appear in correct Test-paper prescribed for chosen Course/program.
- Use of unfair means, as reported by Test Centers, shall automatically disqualify the candidate from CUCET-2018.
- After completion of exam(s) in CUCET-2018, candidates will be allowed to take Question Booklet and duplicate copy of OMR Sheet. However, each candidate must ensure to handover original OMR Sheet to the invigilator.
- (a) Application form through Postal/Courier/Personal mode will not be accepted under any circumstances.
(b) The candidate will be solely responsible for completion of online application form including payment of online/offline fees on or before the expiry of last date/time.
After CUCET 2018 result is declared, candidates will be allotted seats in order of merit
in their respective programme and university/ institute through online / offline
counselling. The counselling session will be conducted at each university/ institute separately
and notified accordingly on their respective websites. There will be separate fee for online counselling. Candidates are advised to visit the CUCET 2018 and PUs website for
admission counselling process.
Schedule of CUCET – 2018 Examination:
Application Deadline – 26th March, 2018