Vacancy For 14 Teaching Posts in Biotech / Bioscience Dept @ Jamia, Milia Islamia, New Delhi
JAMIA MILLIA ISLAMIA, JAMIA NAGAR, NEW DELHI-110025
LOCAL ADVT. NO. 03/2016-17 DATED 30.06.2016
REQUIREMENT OF GUEST TEACHERS IN THE VARIOUS US DEPARTMENTS / CENTERS FOR THE ACADEMIC SESSION 2016-17.
B-FACULTY OF NATURAL SCIENCE
- Department of Biotechnology
Ten guest teachers (against vacant positions, leave vacancy & excessive teaching work load) for teaching of the following subjects of M.Sc. and B.Sc. Biotechnology
- Plant Diversity
- Plant Diversity
- Basic Forensic Science
- Developmental Biology
- Plant Pathology and Crop Protection
- Nanobiotech & Bioinformatics
- Human Physiology
- Plant Physiology
- Mammalian Physiology
- Bioethics & Biosafety
- Animal Diversity
- Evolution and Behaviour
- Fermentation & Down Stream Processing
- IPR Issues and Entrepreneurship
- Cellular & Mo!. Physiology
Department of Bioscience
Four guest teachers (against vacant positions & leave vacancies) for teaching of the following subjects:
- One guest teacher (Chemistry)
- One guest teacher (Animal Physiology/Animal Diversity)
- One guest teacher (Cell Biology and Recombinant Technology)
- One guest teacher (IT & Bioinformatics and Biophysics)
Specialization for Chemistry : (i) M.Sc. (Chem. With specialization in Organic Chemistry) (ii)- M.Sc. Zoology/ Bioscience /Other relevant areas (iii) M.Sc. in Life Science subjects with specializations of area of Modern Biology/Molecular Biology (vi) M.Sc. Bioinformatics/other relevant area.
Qualification for the above posts :
- Good academic record as defined by the concerned university with at least 55% marks(or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) at the Master’s Degree level in a relevant subject from an Indian University, or an equivalent degree from an accredited foreign university.
- Besides fulfilling the above qualifications, the candidate must have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC, CSIR or similar test accredited by the UGC like SLET/SET.
- Candidates, who are, or have been awarded a Ph. D. Degree in accordance with the University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of Ph.D. Degree) Regulations, 2009, shall be exempted from the requirement of the minimum eligibility condition of NET/SLET/SET for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professor or equivalent positions in Universities/Colleges/Institutions.
- NET/SLET/SET shall also not be required for such Masters Programmes in disciplines for which NET/SLET/SET is not conducted.
How to Apply :
Application on prescribed application forms are invited for engagement of guest teachers in the various Departments /Centers, JMI @ Rs. 1000/- per period subject to maximum of Rs. 25,000/per month, so as to reach the application in the respective Departments/Centers latest by 12.07.2016.
The candidates may download detailed advertisement along with qualifications and application form from the University website http://jmi.ac.in and send it with complete in all respect on or before 12.07.2016 to the concerned Department/Centre during working days between 10:00 A.M. to 01 :00 P.M. (Friday upto 12:00 Noon).
- Applicants are requested to kindly submit the prescribed Application Form in the respective Departments/Centres.
- The Department /Centres will screen the application of the candidates and will call for interview accordingly.
- The engagement of the guest teachers will be w.e.f. the date of taking classes (but not before the date of Local Selection Committee) for the Academic Session 2016-17 or till vacancy exits or till further orders whichever is earlier on the UGC approved rate of honorarium @ I 000/- per period subject to maximum of Rs. 25,000/- per month.
- Selection against vacancy shall not confer on the appointee any right of permanent appointment/regularization.
- The prescribed qualifications and experience are minimum and the mere fact that a candidate possesses the same will not entitle him/her for being called for interview. The University reserves the right to restrict the candidates to be called for interview to a reasonable number on the basis of qualifications and experience higher than the minimum prescribed or by any other condition that it may deem fit. The University may constitute a Screening Committee to scrutinize the applications and short-listing the candidates.
- The candidates, who are, or have been awarded a Ph.D. Degree after 2009 should enclose copy of the certificate to the effect that the awarding University has awarded Ph.D. Degree as per UGC (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Awards of M.Phil/Ph.D. Degree) Regulations, 2009.
- The Marks sheet regarding completion of course work in Ph.D. Should be enclosed, if applicable.
- Separate application should be submitted for each post.
- A relaxation of 5% may be provided from 55% to 50% of the marks at the Master’s/Graduate level for the SC/ST Physically and visually handicapped candidates.
- A relaxation of 5% may be provided from 55% to 50% of the Marks to the Ph.D degree holders who have passed their Master’s degree prior to 19th September, 1991.
Relevant grade which is regarded as equivalent of 55% where the grading system is followed by recognized University shall also be considered eligible.
- The eligibility of candidates will be determined as on the last date of submission of Application forms.
- Qualifications, experience, etc. will be reckoned as on the last date for receipt of filled-in applications i.e. 12.07.2016. Clear photocopies of all important certificates must be attached with the application. The request for including any documents/information to the application forms after the last date of submission of applications shall not be entertained and no correspondence will be made in this regard.
- (a) The Jamia reserves the right to evolve a uniform and reasonable criterion for short-listing of eligible candidates, if needed.
(b) Jamia also reserves right to give preference to those who possess higher qualifications.
- Candidate must enclose the attested copies of degrees, diplomas and mark-sheets etc. giving reference of experience/published work with application form.
- Incomplete application or application on plain paper will not be entertained and is liable to be rejected.
- Relaxation, if any, shall be as per the UGC guidelines and other regulatory bodies.
- The Number of positions advertised herein are provisional and may vary.
- Candidate already in service must apply through proper channel.
- Knowledge of Urdu and Hindi is a desirable qualification for all teaching posts.
- The candidates, who have already applied in response to any previous advertisement(s), shall have to apply afresh.
- The University reserves the right to hold/not to hold Selection Committee for any or all of the post (s).
- Canvassing, in any form or on behalf of the candidate will be a disqualification.
- There will no fee for filling up the application form for the above positions.