Union Public Service Comission
Notification – Indian Forest Service Examination, 2016
EXAMINATION NOTICE NO.09/2016‐IFoS
CANDIDATES TO ENSURE THEIR ELIGIBILITIY FOR THE EXAMINATION:
Candidates applying for the examination should ensure that they fulfill all eligibility condition for admission to the Examination. Their admission at all the stages of the examination will be purely provisional subject to satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions. Mere issue of Admission Certificate to the candidate will not imply that his/her candidature has been finally cleared by the Commission. Verification of eligibility conditions with reference to original documents is taken up only after the candidate has qualified for Interview/Personality Test.
MINIMUM EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
The candidate must hold a Bachelor’s degree with at least one of the subjects namely AnimalHusbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Engineering of any of Universities incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification.
Scheme and subjects for the Preliminary and Main Examination.
A. PRELIMINARY EXAMINATION :
The Examination shall comprise of two compulsory Papers of 200 marks each.
(i) Both the question papers will be of the objective type (multiple choice questions).
(ii) The General Studies Paper‐II of the Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination will be a qualifying paper
with minimum qualifying marks fixed at 33%.
(iii) The question papers will be set both in Hindi and English.
(iv) Details of the syllabi are indicated in Part A of Section III.
(v) Candidates must write the papers in their own hand. In no circumstances will they be allowed the help of a scribe to write the answers for them. However, Low Vision candidates (minimum 40% impairment) will be allowed to write the examination with the help of a scribe. Low Vision candidates will also be allowed an extra time of forty minutes for each paper @ twenty minutes per hour. Each paper will be of two hours duration.
B. MAIN EXAMINATION :
(A) The written examination consisting of the following papers:
Paper I General English 300 Marks
Paper II General Knowledge 300 Marks
Paper III Any two subjects to be 200 marks
Paper IV selected from the list of for each
Paper V the optional subjects set paper
Paper VI out in para 2 below.
Each subject will have two papers.
(B) Interview for Personality Test (See Part (C) of Section II of this Appendix) of such candidates asmay be called by the Commission ‐
Maximum Marks : 300 Marks
List of optional subjects :
(ii.) Agricultural Engineering
(iii) Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science
(vi) Chemical Engineering
(vii) Civil Engineering
(xi) Mechanical Engineering
Provided that the candidates will not be allowed to offer the following combination of subjects :
(a) Agriculture and Agricultural Engg.
(b) Agriculture and Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science.
(c) Agriculture and ·Forestry.
(d) Chemistry and Chemical Engg.
(e) Mathematics and Statistics. Of the Engineering subjects viz. Agricultural Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineeringand Mechanical Engineering‐ not more than one subject;
NUMBER OF ATTEMPTS :
- Every candidate appearing at the Examination, who is otherwise eligible, shall be permitted 6 attempts at the examination.
- Provided that this restriction on the number of attempts will not apply in the case of Scheduled Caste and
- Scheduled Tribe candidates who are otherwise eligible.
PENALTY FOR WRONG ANSWERS :
- Candidates should note that there will be penalty (NegativeMarking) for wrong answers marked by a candidate in the Objective Type Question Papers.
- For both writing and marking answers in the OMR sheet [Answer Sheet], candidates must use black ball pen only. Pens with any other colours are prohibited. Do not use Pencil or Ink pen.
- Candidates are further advised to read carefully the “Special Instructions” contained in Appendix‐III of the Notice
FACILITATION COUNTER FOR GUIDANCE OF CANDIDATES :
In case of any guidance/information/clarification regarding their applications, candidature etc. candidates can contact UPSC’s Facilitation Counter near ‘C’ Gate of its campus in person or over Telephone No. 011‐23385271/011‐23381125/011‐23098543 on working days between 10.00 hrs and 17.00 hrs.
The Union Public Service Commission will hold a Screening Test for
selection to Indian Forest Service (Main) Examination, 2016 through Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination, 2016 which will be held on 07th August, 2016, in accordance with Rules published by the Ministry of Environment, Forests and Climate Change in the Gazette of India dated the 27th April 2016.
PLAN OF EXAMINATION
The Indian Forest Service Examination will consist of two successive stages (vide Appendix I Section‐I below).
- Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination (Objective type) for the selection of candidates for the Indian Forest Service (Main) Examination; and
- Indian Forest Service (Main) Examination (Written and Interview) for the selection of candidates for the Indian Forest Service.
A candidate must be either :‐
(a) A citizen of India, or
(b) a subject of Nepal, or
(c) a subject of Bhutan, or
(d) a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India
AGE LIMITS :
A candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 32 years on 1st August, 2016, i.e. he must have been born not earlier than 2nd August, 1984 and not later than 1st August, 1995.
LAST DATE OF SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS:
- The Online Applications can be filled up to 27th May, 2016 till 11.59 PM, after which the link will be disabled.
- The eligible candidates shall be issued an eAdmit Card three weeks before the commencement of the examination.
- The e‐Admit Card will be made available in the UPSC website
[www.upsc.gov.in] for downloading by candidates.
- No Admission Certificate will be sent by post.
- All the applicants are required to provide valid active E-Mail I.D. while filling up Online Application Form as the Commission may use electronic mode for con‐ tacting them at different stages of
HOW TO APPLY :
- Candidates are required to apply Online using the link www.upsconline.nic.in for Civil Services(Preliminary) Examination which will act as a screening mechanism for selection of candidates forthe Indian Forest Service (Main) Examination. Candidates who wish to apply for Civil ServicesExamination also, [subject to their satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions] have to apply once by appropriately indicating in the online application form that they intend to appear for both the Indian Forest Service Examination and the Civil Services Examination. Candidates, who will qualify for the Indian Forest Service (Main) Examination, will have to fill in a Detailed Application Form subsequently as per further instructions to be provided to the candidates through the website (www.upsconline.nic.in) of the Commission. Detailed instructions for filling up Online Applications are available on the above mentioned website.
- The applicants are advised to submit only single application, however, if due to any unavoidable situation, if he/she submits another/multiple applications, then he/she must ensure that application with the higher RID is complete in all respects like applicants details, examination centre, photograph, signature, fee etc.
- The applicants who are submitting multiple applications should note that only the applications with higher RID (Registration ID) shall be entertained by the Commission and fee paid against one RID shall not be adjusted against any other RID.
- CANDIDATES APPLYING FOR INDIAN FOREST SERVICE EXAMINATION SHOULD NOTE THAT THEY ARE REQUIRED TO APPEAR IN THE CIVIL SERVICES (PRELIMINARY) EXAMINATION AND QUALIFY THE SAME FOR GOING TO THE SECOND STAGE OF INDIAN FOREST SERVICE(MAIN) EXAMINATION (WRITTEN AND INTERVIEW).
- CANDIDATES DESIROUS OF APPLYING FOR INDIAN FOREST SERVICE EXAMINATION AS WELL AS FOR THE CIVIL SERVICES EXAMINATION CAN APPLY THROUGH A COMMON ONLINE APPLICATION FORM SUBJECT TO MEETING THE REQUISITE ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA BY THEM.