Admission Notification for Joint Master’s and Ph.D. Programmes @ Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham University
Amrita University is a multi-campus, multi-disciplinary research university that is accredited ‘A’ by NAAC and is ranked as one of the best research universities in India. The university is spread across five campuses in three states of India – Kerala, Tamil Nadu and Karnataka, with the University headquarters at Ettimadai, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu.
The university continuously collaborates with top US universities including Ivy league universities and top European universities for regular student exchange programs, and has emerged as one of the fastest growing institutions of higher learning in India.The university is managed by the Mata Amritanandamayi Math.
The Director of the ACNSMM is Professor Shantikumar V. Nair who received the prestigious 2011 National Research Award in Nanoscience and Technology, Govt. of India & Prof. C.N.R. Rao Bangalore INDIA NANO Science Award 2014 for outstanding contributions in Nanotechnology Research and Development in India. Dr. Nair had received the Presidential Young Investigator Award in 1986 from President Ronald Reagan for research in composite materials and was a faculty at University of Massachusetts, USA, for 20 years.
Applications are invited from eligible candidates for admission to:
Master’s Programme: M.Tech.
Research Programmes: M.S. Research, M.Tech. – Ph.D. Integrated & Doctoral (Ph.D.)
The M.Tech. programmes have been successful since 2007 with excellent placement and hands-on research experience in cutting-edge technologies and state-of-the-art facilities, which are one of the best in the country. The Centre is a Thematic Unit of Excellence under the Nanomission programme of the Govt. of India (G0I). Original research is an integral part of the programme and most students publish their research work in SCOPUS and/or Pubmed indexed journals. Recently, Department of Science and Technology (DST), GOI awarded student fellowships for the M.Tech. programme for next five years.
- Nanomedical Sciences: M.Sc. in Physics, Chemistry, Materials Science, Biotechnology, Biochemistry, Bioinformatics, Zoology or B.Tech. in Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical, Electronics, Biomedical, Biotechnology or M.B.B.S. or B.D.S. or B.Pharm. with minimum of 60% marks (or equivalent)
- Nanotechnology & Renewable Energy: M.Sc. in Physics, Chemistry, Materials Science or B.Tech. in Electrical, Electronics, Chemical, Materials Science with minimum of 60% marks (or equivalent)
- Molecular Medicine: M.Sc. in any discipline of the Life Sciences or B.Tech. in Biotechnology or Bioinformatics or B.Pharm. or M.B.B.S. or B.D.S. with minimum of 60% marks (or equivalent).
Choose from the Various Disciplines:
- Nanomedical Sciences: Focused on Biomedical nanotechnologies.
- Nanotechnology & Renewable Energy: Energy conversion and storage technologies.
- Molecular Medicine: Identification of molecular markers in diagnostics and therapy at the molecular level.
In M.Tech. – Ph.D. Integrated programme, students can opt for either M.Tech. (2 years), M.Tech. & M.S. by Research (3 years), M.Tech. Ph.D. (4 years) or Ph.D. M.Tech. / Ph.D. Integrated programme requires entering the programme in year one. Lateral entry in year two can expect a Ph.D. in three years. Lateral entry can be with M.Sc., M.Pharm., M.B.B.S. or B.D.S.
Admission is based on common entrance exam being held at Kochi, Trivandrum and Chennai. Successful candidates will be called for interview.
Scholarships and Loans: Educational Loans and Institutional Scholarship are available for deserving students.
Last Date for Receipt of Application: 17th May 2016
Date of Entrance Examination: 22nd May 2016
Date of Interview:
- 23rd May 2016 (Kochi Centre Candidates)
- 30th May 2016 (All Other Centre Candidates)
How To Apply:
Download application form from www.amrita.edu/center/nanosciences/academics and send to:
Amrita Centre for Nanosciences, M.Tech. Admissions
Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences
Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham
Kochi – 682 041, Kerala
along with a demand draft of Rs. 600/- in favour of “Amrita Centre for Nanosciences” payable at Kochi.
For more information, please contact:
Landline: 0484 285 8750 / 8769 / 8761 / 8763 / 2640
Mobile: 0 70348 31268/ 0 85899 12907
Email: [email protected]