Project JRF Vacancy at Dr. Reddy’s Institute of Life Sciences
Dr. Reddy’s Institute of Life Sciences (DRILS) is a not for profit Research Institute with a mission to be the preferred research partner to the pharma and life sciences industry. DRILS focuses on original research and advancement of relevant skills, with emphasis on solution-oriented interdisciplinary research both for solving unmet needs as well as process innovation.
This job expires in :
Name of the Job: Junior Research Fellow
No. of Posts: 01
Project Title: “Molecular characterization of the functional role of ser/thr phosphatase PHLPP in pancreatic beta cells to gain mechanistic insights into diabetes”
Funding Agency: SERB
Duration: The duration of the fellowship is for three years. However, the performance of the candidate will be rigorously reviewed every 6 months and the fellowship will be renewed only upon satisfactory performance.
Fellowship: Rs. 31,000 plus 24% HRA (total Rs. 38,440) per month for the first two years
and Rs. 35,000 plus 24% HRA (total Rs. 43,400) per month for 3rd year.
- Literature search.
- Design, plan and execute experiments under the supervision of the scientist.
- Provide scientific support to the scientist in his research activities.
- Book keeping and maintenance of stocks and consumables.
Scope of experimental work:
- Cell culture, transfection of cells and analysis by western blotting, qPCR, ChIP,
ELISA, microscopy etc.
- Handling and dissection of rodents.
- Regular care and maintenance of zebrafish, setting up crosses, genotyping etc.
- Dissection of adult zebrafish, sectioning and slide preparation, and immunohistochemistry.
- Zebrafish blood collection and biochemical parameters testing.
- Post-graduate degree in Basic Sciences or Graduate/Post-graduate degree in the professional course selected through a process described through any one of the following:
a. Scholars who are selected through National Eligibility Tests-CSIR UGC NET
including Lectureship and GATE.
b. Selection process through National Level examinations conducted by Central
Government Departments and their Agencies and Institutions such as DST, DBT,
DAE, DOS, DRDO, MHRD, ICAR, ICMR, IISc, IISER etc.
- 1-2 years in the areas of Molecular Biology and Cell biology. Candidates with prior hands-on experience with cell culture and zebrafish are preferred. Experience with dissections and immunohistochemistry would be an additional advantage.
- The candidate should be motivated, committed and should be able to work in
independently and in teams.
How to Apply:
Qualified and interested candidates may send their curriculum vitae by e-mail to
[email protected] on or before 22nd March 2020 with “SERB-PHLPP Project” as the subject line of the email. There will be two rounds of interview. Shortlisted candidates will
be interviewed through skype/telecon followed by a personal interview at Dr. Reddy’s
Institute of Life Sciences, University of Hyderabad Campus, Gachibowli, Hyderabad.
Selected candidate is expected to join within a week of offer.
Deadline – on or before 22nd March 2020
View Notification Below
Editor’s Note: Project JRF Vacancy at Dr. Reddy’s Institute of Life Sciences. Please make sure that you are subscribed to the Biotecnika Times Newsletter and our YouTube channel to be notified of all of the latest in the industry. Follow us on all of our social media like Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.