NCBS Biology Job Opening – Graduate Trainee Vacancy
NCBS Biology Job Opening – Graduate Trainee Vacancy. BE/B.Tech or ME/MTech or MSc. Biology Jobs. NCBS Job Opening. National Centre for Biological Sciences job vacancies for msc/mtech/btech candidates. Check out all of the details below:
This job expires in :
Advt No.5/2020: Graduate Trainee in Integrative Structural Biology
Name of the Post: Graduate Trainee
rad Trainee in Integrative Structural Biology in the laboratory of Dr. Shruthi Viswanath
How to apply:
- Interested applicants are asked to apply with their CV and a short project proposal based on one of the two topics above (~ 300 words) to [email protected].
- Project proposals not related to the above topics and incomplete applications missing one of the two documents will certainly not receive any kind of response.
- The last date for applying is 31st March 2020. Applicants will certainly be contacted and interviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
- Please note that applicants that have not been selected for an interview will not be contacted.
- Note: please contact us at [email protected] for any kind of queries or technical issues.
Candidate will certainly be working on one of the listed below projects.
Project (1 ): Integrative structure modeling of large protein assemblies.
Structures of protein complexes contribute to our understanding of mechanistic details of biological procedures as well as the roles of proteins in disease. However, structures of large protein assemblies are difficult to obtain utilizing any single experimental method. Integrative modeling is an approach to determine such structures by using a variety of experimental data, physical theories, and also statistics of existing structures. The project includes developing methods to make modeling more accurate as well as efficient, specifically developing methods to improve model representation as well as validate the models.
Project (2 ): Annotating cellular tomograms
Recent improvements in imaging have actually led to a substantial increase in high-resolution 3D images of cells (cryo-electron tomography). Considering that this technique permits us to image complete cells in an unperturbed means, it is enormously beneficial for understanding the nano-scale organization of cells. We will be developing machine learning methods for automatically annotating large complexes as well as organelles in tomograms. These will enable interesting quantitative comparisons between cells at various stages, as well as between normal and also diseased cells.
Number of position: 1
Minimum % of marks: 75%
Age limitation: 40
Salary offered: 25,000 (without CSIR/GATE/equivalent qualification), 31000 + 24% HRA (with CSIR/GATE/equivalent qualification)
Contract period: Max of 1.5 yrs with 3-month probation.
Education and Experience required:
- BE/B. Technology or ME/MTech or MSc. Chemistry/Physics/Biology.
- Previous research experience in computational biology.
- Ability to understand and also apply concepts from computational statistics, machine learning, and statistical physics.
- Programming experience in Python/C++ or any other language. To be demonstrated by its application to at least one completed research/development project.
- Comfortable working in Linux environment.
Ideal candidate profile:
The ideal applicant possesses strong quantitative skills and is motivated to apply these skills in the structural biology/cell biology domains.
The applicant will ideally possess experience in computational biology research as well as interested in a research career in the long term.
Editor’s Note: NCBS Biology Job Opening – Graduate Trainee Vacancy. Please make sure that you are subscribed to the Biotecnika Times Newsletter and our YouTube channel to be notified of all of the latest in the industry. Follow us on all of our social media like Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.