RGCB Govt Jobs Recruitment – Biotech & Life Science Apply
RGCB Govt Jobs Recruitment – Biotech & Life Science Apply. RGCB, Thiruvananthapuram is hiring MSc/BSc candidates. Interested and eligible candidates can check out all of the details below:
This job expires in :
Adv. # 21/2019
At first for a period of one year as well as extendable as much as 3 years or till discontinuation of the project whichever is previously based on performance evaluation on an annual basis.
Suitably qualified candidates may send applications in the prescribed format with a photograph, a copy of full resume indicating the percentage of marks obtained as well as attested copies of credentials as well as experience to reach the undersigned on or before February 28, 2020. Envelopes should be superscripted with abbreviated title of the project, advertisement number and job title. Selection to the position will not entitle the applicant to any type of future positions at RGCB (permanent or otherwise). As with all project positions at RGCB, the position will be co-terminus with the end of the project. Filled applications need to be sent to Director, Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Biotechnology, Poojappura, Thycaud P.O, Thiruvananthapuram – 695014, Kerala.
Only those fulfilling the above criteria need to apply. Selection of suitable applicants will be made based on qualifications and also performance in the selection interview. For the positions of Data Analyst, Lab Technician and Field Data Collector, in the event of more than 10 candidates being short-listed by screening the applications, a written test will be conducted before the selection interview as well as just those who are successful in the written test will be interviewed.
No TA/DA/Other emoluments will be given for appearing in the interview.
(A) PROJECT MANAGER (GENOME INDIA)
Project Definition as well as Tracking
- Provides project and also scientific leadership for high priority, complex projects from strategic planning and also initiation to completion while focusing on strategies for optimizing performance as well as maximizing successful end results.
- Acts as a liaison with key stakeholders/collaborators to communicate scientific project requirements, champion cross-functional collaboration, as well as guarantee the conclusion of projects in alignment with established objectives.
- Facilitates the creation of comprehensive scientific project plans that include project scope, goals, resource requirements, roles/responsibilities, risk analysis, application strategies, as well as communication plans.
- Assists with initiating brand-new workflows to accommodate brand-new scientific directions and also needs.
- Proactively anticipates and identifies blocking issues and suggests and carries out.
- Management of scientific projects including management of complex project logistics and also budgets, develop as well as manage grants/contracts, manage relationships amongst scientific and also administrative partners from diverse sectors of biomedical science (e.g., government, academia, as well as private partners industry and also not-for-profit organizations), facilitate cross-functional scientific project team meetings as well as drive stakeholder consensus, review scientific progress reports and understand project implications.
- Ability to work/prioritize effectively on numerous projects/activities simultaneously.
- Solid analytical, critical thinking and also team assistance abilities to collaborate with key stakeholders.
- Facilitates effective and also efficient communication.
- Prepares status reports and presentations required for regular reporting of progress, risks, blocking issues, and also solutions to all stakeholders.
Compliance and Funding
- Makes certain appropriate funds and resources are in place as well as tracks the financial status of all projects relative to available budgets.
- Assesses future financial needs of the project.
- A Masters Degree in Biotechnology or Life Sciences with a minimum of 3 years of work experience as a Principal Investigator or Scientific Project Manager.
- Excellent communication abilities, both written and oral consisting of proficiency in writing (e.g. generation of clear and concise business documents, written reports as well as meeting summaries).
ADDED DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS
PhD in Life Sciences with a research track record and also understanding of the role as well as applications of genomics in disease biology.
Below 40 years as on February 28, 2020. Meritorious candidates will be given age relaxation. For SC/ST/OBC applicants age relaxation will be given as per Govt. of India norms.
EMOLUMENTS: 70,000/- per month (consolidated).
(B) DATA ANALYST
The candidate should have B.Tech/ MSc in Life Sciences/Computational Biology/ Allied Science with demonstrable programs skills in Perl/Python and R. Knowledge of Linux based operating system and shell scripting is a must. Candidates do not have experience in Perl/Python/R programming are not encouraged to apply.
Applicants with experience in assembly and also analysis of large scale genomic data such as Human Genomes are favoured.
Below 28 years as on February 28, 2020. For SC/ST/OBC applicants age relaxation will be given as per Govt. of India standards.
EMOLUMENTS: 31,000/- each month (consolidated).
(C) LAB TECHNICIAN
The applicant should have a Diploma in Biochemistry with 3 years of documented experience or BSc degree in Life Science with 60% marks or equivalent.
Below 28 years as on February 28, 2020. For SC/ST/OBC candidates age relaxation will be given according to Govt. of India norms.
EMOLUMENTS: 18,000/- per month (consolidated).
(D) FIELD DATA COLLECTOR
The candidate must have a BSc degree with 60% marks.
Below 28 years as on February 28, 2020. For SC/ST/OBC applicants age relaxation will be given as per Govt. of India norms.
EMOLUMENTS: 18,000/- monthly (consolidated).
Editor’s Note: RGCB Govt Jobs Recruitment – Biotech & Life Science Apply. Please make sure that you are subscribed to the Biotecnika Times Newsletter and our YouTube channel to be notified of all of the latest in the industry. Follow us on all of our social media like Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.