CIAB Food Tech Job – Life Science/Biotech/Biochemistry Post
CIAB Food Tech Job – Life Science/Biotech/Biochemistry Post. Center of Innovative and Applied Bioprocessing (CIAB) Mohali is recruiting for govt job vacancies. MSc/MTech/BTech candidates from various backgrounds are encouraged to attend the walk-in as per the details below:
This job expires in :
CIAB Vacancy Details
CENTER OF INNOVATIVE AND APPLIED BIOPROCESSING
(A National Institute under Dept. of Biotechnology,
Ministry of Science & Technology, Govt. of India)
वेबसाइट/Website: www.ciab.res.in; Tel: 0172-5221400
Walk-in-Interview on 20-02-2020
Advertisement No: CIAB/50/2020-Rectt.
Application Procedure for CIAB Vacancy:
The interested applicants may appear for a Walk-In-Interview on 20-02-2020 along with the application form (according to format) on the web site www.ciab.res.in. The duly filled application form has to be submitted at the time of this registration from 09:00 AM to 10:30 AM on 20-02-2020. The candidates should determine their eligibility before applying, as ineligible candidates wouldn’t be interviewed.
The procedure of Engagement for CIAB Vacancy:
The qualified applicants will be interviewed by a duly constituted committee. The committee would recommend the candidates, if found appropriate, for consideration of the competent authority for engagement on purely on Fellowship/Stipendiary basis.
General Conditions for CIAB Vacancy:
- Incomplete applications and applications which aren’t in an appropriate format may be rejected.
- The above-mentioned search opportunities are available only to Indian Nationals.
Important Instructions for CIAB Vacancy:
- The applications should be submitted in the format which may be downloaded in the CIAB site: www.ciab.res.in.
- Completed applications together with photocopies of all of the applicable educational and expertise certificates should be submitted in the time of registration at Center of Innovative and Applied Bioprocessing (CIAB), Sector-81 (Knowledge City), Manauli P.O., S.A.S. Nagar, Mohali – 140306, Punjab from 09:00 AM to 10:30 AM on 20-02-2020.
- All of the positions are based at Mohali, Punjab but a few functions could be delegated to be performed in outstations also.
- The number of positions may vary.
- Relaxation of age for a variety of categories (like woman candidates) will be according to rules of DST and other Government of India agencies.
- If in almost any area no acceptable candidate is located, no choice would be made in that case.
- No TA/DA etc. could be compensated for attending the walk-in-interview.
- Candidates must bring their original documents for verification and a single pair of a photocopy (for submission) of the relevant certifications associated with education, expertise, publications, thesis/dissertations etc. in the time of interview.
- Candidates found eligible after scrutiny of applications post-registration shall have to appear before a Selection Committee. Kindly note that if there are a substantial amount of candidates, the Chief Executive Officer, CIAB reserves the right to devise such standards as deemed fit to shortlist the candidates for your interview. If needed, a written test may also be conducted to short-list candidates. The conclusion of the CEO, CIAB to conduct a written exam shall be binding and final all in this regard.
(A) FELLOWSHIPS UNDER EXTERNALLY FUNDED PROJECTS AT CIAB, MOHALI
1. Junior Research Fellow – One position
Project Title: “BRICS technology platform for integrated bioprocessing of agricultural residues for ecosustainable production of biofuels and by-products”
Funded By: Department of Science and Technology (Govt. of India)
Principal Investigator: Dr Sudesh Kumar, Scientist-F, CIAB
Duration of the project: Three years
Age limit for CIAB Vacancy: 28 Years
Tenure for CIAB Vacancy: Initially one year, renewable for the subsequent years based upon satisfactory performance but in no case beyond 3 years or cessation of operation and/or funding of the project by the project funding agency, whichever is earlier.
Fellowship for CIAB Vacancy:
- Rs. 31,000/- + (16% HRA or Hostel Facility, if available) per month for initial 2 years
- Rs. 35,000/- + (16% HRA or Hostel Facility, if available) monthly for 3rd year
Qualifications for CIAB Vacancy:
- M.Sc. in Life Sciences (Biology/Biotechnology/Biochemistry/ Microbiology) or Chemistry
( General/ Organic/ Inorganic/ Physical/ Others) or Food Science & Technology from a recognized University / Institute OR B.E./ B. Tech./ M.E./ M. Tech. (Biotechnology/ any other biological subject/ Chemical Engineering/ any other chemical subject/ Food Science & Technology) from a recognized university/institute and
- NET/ GATE/ any other appropriate comparable nature of test qualified.
(B) FELLOWSHIPS FUNDED BY CIAB FOR INTERNAL R&D PROJECTS/ACTIVITIES
1. Junior Research Fellow/Research Associate – One position
Age limit for CIAB Vacancy:
- 28 Years for Junior Research Fellow
- 35 Years for Research Associate
Tenure for CIAB Vacancy: One Year, extendable on yearly basis for subsequent years subject to satisfactory progress, institutional needs as well as financial provisions.
Fellowship for CIAB Vacancy:
- Rs. 31,000/- monthly + (16% HRA as admissible or Hostel facility, if available) for JRF
- Rs. 47,000/- monthly + (16% HRA as admissible or Hostel facility, if available) for RA
Qualifications for CIAB Vacancy:
- M.Sc. in Life Sciences (Biology/Biotechnology/Biochemistry/ Microbiology) or Food Science & Technology from a recognized University/ Institute OR B.E./ B. Tech./ M.E./ M. Tech. (Biotechnology/ any other biological subject / Food Science & Technology) from a recognized University/Institute and also
- NET/ GATE/ any other pertinent comparable nature of test certified.
For Research Associate
PhD in Life Sciences (Biology/Biotechnology/Biochemistry/ Microbiology) or Food Science & Technology from a recognized University/Institute with at least one research paper in Science Citation Indexed (SCI) journal.
Download Application Format (PDF)
View Notification Below
Editor’s Note: CIAB Food Tech Job – Life Science/Biotech/Biochemistry Post, ciab recruitment, center of innovative and applied bioprocessing ciab jobs. Please make sure that you are subscribed to the Biotecnika Times Newsletter and our YouTube channel to be notified of all of the latest in the industry. Follow us on all of our social media like Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.