NII Research Job – JRF/SRF Post for Life Sciences
NII Research Job – JRF/SRF Post for Life Sciences. Recruitment of msc life sciences candidates at NII. Junior Research Fellow Jobs. DBT Funded Research Job Openings at NII. Check out the details given below:
This job expires in :
NII Vacancy Details
Job Name: Senior Research Fellow (P)/Junior Research Fellow (P)
No. of Posts: 01
Title of Project: “Influence of Maternal OneCarbon (1C) Metabolism in Placental Function, Fatal Growth and Programming” funded DBT
Principal Investigator: Dr. Arnab Mukhopadhyay Staff Scientist-VI Molecular Aging Lab
Conditions for NII Vacancy:
- The candidates selected for the above posts will certainly get on contract for one year or duration of the project whichever is shorter, at a time.
- No hostel/ housing facility will certainly be provided.
- Candidates may clearly mention the category they belong to i.e. SC/ST/OBC/ PH and also attach documentary proof of the very same.
- No TA/DA will be paid for going to the interview if called for.
- Apart from sending application in the recommended format provided below, candidates need to send a complete CV along with the names of three referees. The CV should consist of details of the experimental expertise and list of publications.
- Canvassing in any type of form will be a disqualification.
How to Apply for NII Vacancy:
Interested applicants can apply directly, (only in the format attached below), through email, to the Investigator of this project, clearly indicating the name of this project together with their complete C.V., email identification, fax numbers, phone numbers. Only Shortlisted applicants are called for interview and they needed to submit attested copies of each of their certifications along with a Demand Draft of Rs 100/drawn on Canara Bank or Indian Bank payable Delhi/New Delhi in favour of the Director, NII (SC/STPH and Girls candidates are exempted from payment of charges ) subject to submission of documentary evidence ), in the time of interview.
Qualification for NII Vacancy:
Senior Research Fellow (Project): M.Sc/ M.Tech in Bioinformatics or any area of Life Science or MCA with great academic standing. The candidate must have qualified any ‘National Level Examination’ (NET) with two years of research experience, based on DST OM dated 30.01.2019.
Junior Research Fellow (Project): M.Sc/ M.Tech in Bioinformatics or any kind of area of Life Science or MCA with great academic standing. The applicant should have qualified any type of ‘National Level Examination’ (NET) as per DST OM dated 30.01.2019.
Emoluments for NII Vacancy:
- Senior Research Fellow (Project): Rs. 35,000/- monthly + 24 percent HRA according to DST OM dated 30.01.2019.
- Junior Research Fellow (Project): Rs.31,000/- each month + 24 percent HRA based on DST OM dated 30.01.2019.
Job Description & Desired Knowledge for NII Vacancy:
The candidates are expected to have:
- Experience in Next generation sequencing analysis of transcriptomics, ChIP-seq and small RNA-seq data.
- Capacity to analyze raw primary data generated by Illumina next generation sequencing platform and create troubleshoot customized analysis pipelines.
- Capacity to manage all downstream secondary as well as tertiary data analysis using commercially available in addition to open source software (transcriptomics, ChIP-seq and small RNA-seq).
- Apart from these, the candidate should have knowledge of the following: scripting language: R, Perl and/or Python.
- Operating system: Unix and Windows.
- Exposure to NGS Analysis tools like: Maq, BWA, Bowtie, SAM tools, BEDTools, MACS, Galaxy, FastQT, Tophat Cufflinks, AvadisNGS, CLC. Genomics Workbeneh, Galaxy, BaseSpace, Trinity, understanding of Statistics making use of: Microsoft Excel and also R.
- Genome Browser: UCSC, Ensemble, IGV, IGB.
- Ability to use Motif Analysis Tools like: MEME Suite, Transfac and RSAT Functional Annotation Tools: DAVID, GeneCodis, Gene Cards.
View Notification & Download Format Below