instem Vacancies – PhD Molecular Biology / Cell Biology Jobs
Cell Biology/Cell Culture & Molecular Biology candidates are encouraged to apply online for a project vacancy that is available at inStem. instem Vacancies – PhD Molecular Biology / Cell Biology Jobs. Interested candidates are requested to check out all of the details regarding the opportunity, eligibility criteria, application procedure, timelines and more below.
This job expires in :
inStem vacancy Details
Job opening PDF-03: (all applicants must list this number in their application to be considered)
Job Title: (PDF-03) Postdoctoral position in Vector Biology group at Tata Institute for Genetics and Society (TIGS-CI) at inStem, Bangalore.
The applicant must hold a Ph.D. with at least 2 years of experience working in the BSL3 facility. The position is at first for 1-year and renewable based upon performance.
How to Apply for inStem vacancy:
For consideration of your application for the job opening please provide the following documents-( a) A one-page statement of purpose explaining the significant elements of your background that are relevant to the position; (b) your curriculum vitae with a list of peer-reviewed publications, and also names and contact details for at least 3 references; Please send the materials, with a clear reference to the job number listed above, to the following e-mail address: [email protected].
Application deadline: January 22, 2020
Job obligations for inStem vacancy:
- Carry out a broad range of techniques such as cell culture, isolation of primary cells, molecular and also cell biology, in vivo and ex vivo infection studies.
- Maintenance of insect as well as mammalian cells, culturing arboviruses, performing high throughput CRISPR screens, Isolation and also the characterization of arboviruses from a mosquito.
- Perform large scale experiments, consisting of in vivo infections in mosquitoes and also cell lines as well as subsequent procedures such as harvesting infected tissues for downstream assays.
- Duties will certainly consist of maintenance of BSL3 labs with operations in compliance with policies as well as procedures. Provide training to new researchers and also supervision to work safely in the BSL3 laboratory.
- Organize as well as maintain BSL3 inventories; routine stock keeping of inventory levels as well as estimate necessary consumable supplies to maintain smooth uninterrupted BSL3 operations.
- Organize and also facilitate scheduled maintenance of BSL3 equipment and facilities.
- Coordinate with regulative offices and create BSL3 SOPs.
Essential Qualifications for inStem vacancy:
- Ph. D. with a minimum of 3 years’ experience working in a high containment facility with pathogens (Biosafety Level 3 facility).
- Experience working with cell culture, molecular and cell biology.
- Need to be self-motivated, organized and also be able to work independently.
Preferred Qualifications for inStem vacancy:
- In-depth knowledge and also handling of arboviruses.
- Experience with mosquitoes as well as mosquito cell lines.
- Gene editing using the CRISPR/Cas system.
- Experience training scientific researchers to work safely in a high containment facility.
Editor’s Note: instem Vacancies – PhD Molecular Biology / Cell Biology Jobs, instem careers, molecular biology vacancies, cell culture vacancy, biology jobs, phd jobs. Check out the Podcast and the Newsletter that we have for free.