BARC OCES/DGFS-2020 Exam For Scientific Officers Recruitment
BARC OCES/DGFS-2020 Exam For Scientific Officers Recruitment. Government of India, Department of Atomic Energy (DAE) Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC) Training Schools Invite Engineering Graduates and Science Postgraduates to apply for recruitment as Scientific Officers (Group-A post of Government of India) through its academic programs OCES-2020 and DGFS-2020 as per the details below:
This call expires in :
Government of India
DEPARTMENT OF ATOMIC ENERGY (DAE) Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC) Training Schools Invite
Engineering Graduates and Science Postgraduates
• Who would relish challenges in frontier areas of Science and Technology,
• Who would like to be part of an expanding program of Nuclear Reactors, Accelerators and Fuel Cycle Technologies,
• Who would enjoy pursuing innovative research in Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, Biosciences, Geology or Geophysics
to apply for recruitment as
Scientific Officers (Group-A post of Government of India)
through its academic programs
OCES-2020 and DGFS-2020
Training Schemes and Employment Description for BARC OCES/DGFS-2020:
BARC Training Schools provide two Training Schemes to deserving candidates ambitious of pursuing a rewarding career in Nuclear Science, Engineering and Technology and
- who would relish challenges in frontier areas of Science & Technology,
- who would like to be part of an expanding program of Nuclear Power / Research Reactors, Accelerators and Nuclear Fuel Cycle Technologies,
- who would enjoy pursuing innovative research in frontier areas of Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, Bioscience, Geology.
They are respectively called Orientation Course for Engineering Graduates and Science Postgraduates (OCES) and DAE Graduate Fellowship Scheme for Engineering Graduates and Physics Postgraduates (DGFS).
Successful completion of the Training Schemes guarantees employment as Scientific Officer ‘C’ in one of the DAE units or Atomic Energy Regulatory Board with attractive career progression opportunities up to the highest echelons.
DAE strives to have a workforce which reflects gender balance and women candidates are encouraged to apply.
- One-year Orientation Course for Engineering Graduates and Science Postgraduates for the academic year 2020-2021 (OCES-2020) will be conducted at the five BARC Training Schools situated at Mumbai, Kalpakkam, Indore and Hyderabad. Table-1b lists Eligible Disciplines for the OCES program.Table-2 lists the Eligible Disciplines and orientation of the Training Program at each of the Training Schools. A Trainee Scientific Officer (TSO) who scores a minimum of 50% aggregate marks on completion of the Training Program is declared to have passed the course successfully. Successful TSOs will be posted as Scientific Officers in one of the following DAE units:
- Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC), Mumbai*
- Indira Gandhi Centre for Atomic Research (IGCAR), Kalpakkam
- Raja Ramanna Centre for Advanced Technology (RRCAT), Indore
- Variable Energy Cyclotron Centre (VECC), Kolkata
- Heavy Water Board (HWB), Mumbai *
- Nuclear Fuel Complex (NFC), Hyderabad *
- Board of Radiation and Isotope Technology (BRIT), Mumbai *
- Nuclear Power Corporation of India Ltd (NPCIL), Mumbai *
- Bharatiya Nabhikiya Vidyut Nigam Ltd (BHAVINI), Kalpakkam *
- Uranium Corporation of India Ltd (UCIL), Jaduguda *
- Atomic Minerals Directorate of Exploration & Research (AMD), Hyderabad *
- Directorate of Construction , Services & Estate Management (DCSEM) Mumbai*
* These units have their Head Offices at the indicated locations. Placement can be at the Head Office or at other facilities of these units located in different parts of India.
Allocation of a successful OCES TSO to a DAE unit is carried out based on the needs of DAE’s programs and the TSO’s performance in the OCES program. DAE reserves the right to place TSOs in any of its other units and the Atomic Energy Regulatory Board (AERB) also.
Appointment in DAE units shall be as a ‘Group A’ Gazetted Officer of the Government of India except in BHAVINI, NPCIL and UCIL which are governed by the service rules of Corporations.
Trainee Scientific Officers who successfully complete the Training Program and whose performance meets a minimum eligibility criterion are allowed to enroll for M.Tech. / M.Phil. in Homi Bhabha National Institute (HBNI), a Deemed to be University. Those meeting the minimum eligibility criteria and not desirous of pursuing M.Tech. / M.Phil. are entitled to a Post-Graduate Diploma of HBNI.
- Two-year DAE Graduate Fellowship Scheme for Engineering Graduates and Physics Postgraduates for the academic session beginning in July/August 2020 (DGFS-2020). Under this scheme, Engineering Graduates and Physics Postgraduates who have excelled in the Selection Interviews for the BARC Training Schools’ programs and who have also independently secured admission for M. Tech. / M. Chem. Engg. in select Institutes and specializations as listed in Table-3, are paid stipend and tuition fee to pursue a M. Tech. / M. Chem. Engg. degree while retaining their employment in DAE.After successful completion of one-year course work at the Institute, DGFS Fellows undertake project work, which is assigned by DAE and supervised jointly by a DAE and an Institute guide.On successful completion of M. Tech. / M. Chem. Engg. DGFS Fellows are posted as Scientific Officers in DAE. Appointment in DAE units shall be as a ‘Group A’ Gazetted Officer of the Government of India.On joining, they are required to first undertake a four-month Orientation Course for DGFS Fellows (OCDF) at the BARC Training School, Mumbai.The DGFS fellows are enrolled and posted in one of the following units of DAE:
**Placement can be at any of the BARC facilities located in different parts of India.
Allocation of a DGFS Fellow to a DAE unit is done at the beginning of the M. Tech. / M. Chem. Engg. program based on the needs of DAE’s programs and their Selection Interview merit
- Stipend and Allowances during Training: OCES TSOs and DGFS Fellows are paid a stipend of ₹55,000 per month during the period of their Training and a one-time book allowance of ₹18,000. DGFS Fellows are reimbursed the tuition fee for M.Tech. / M.Chem.Engg. and are additionally paid a one-time Contingency Grant of ₹25,000 to meet M.Tech. / M.Chem.Engg. project related expenses.Boarding and Lodging in DAE Hostel is mandatory for OCES TSOs during the Training period. Boarding and lodging in DGFS Institute hostel is mandatory for DGFS Fellows during M. Tech. / M. Chem. Engg. program.Selected candidates are required to execute an agreement and a Personal Indemnity Bond to serve DAE for at least three years after completion of Training. Indemnity Bond is for ₹6,78,000 for OCES TSOs and ₹13,58,000 for DGFS Fellows***. No third party surety is required.
*** The Bond amount for DGFS Fellows pursuing M. Tech. / M. Chem. Engg. at certain DGFS Institutes may be different, depending on the tuition fee at the concerned Institute.
Eligible Disciplines for BARC OCES/DGFS-2020:
Table-1b : Eligible Science Disciplines and their Codes
|CODE||Discipline to be Selected in Online Application Form under which candidate wishes to apply||Eligible Subject/Discipline in B.E./B.Tech./B.Sc.|
(Engg.)/5-Year integrated M.Tech. as awarded by University / Institute
|PH||Physics||M.Sc. in Physics / Applied Physics||Physics|
|B.E. / B.Tech. in Engineering Physics||Physics / Engineering Sciences|
|CY||Chemistry||M.Sc. in Chemistry||Chemistry|
|BS||Bioscience||M.Sc. in Agriculture, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Molecular Biology, Biotechnology, Genectics, Botany, Zoology, Plant Science, Plant Breeding, Plant Pathology, Entomology, Food Technology, Animal Science, Life Sciences, Biomedical Sciences and Bioscience||Life Sciences / Biotechnology|
|B.E./B.Tech./B.Sc.(Tech.) in Food Technology|
|RSES||Radiological Safety & Environmental Science#||B.E./B.Tech./B.Sc. (Engg.) / 5-year integrated M.Tech in Nuclear Engg./ Nuclear Technology/ Nuclear Science & Technology||NOT ELIGIBLE through GATE|
|M.Sc. In Physics / Applied Physics||Physics|
|M.Sc. In Chemistry||Chemistry|
|GE||Geology||M.Sc. or equivalent M.Tech. in Geology / Applied Geology / Applied Geochemistry or 5-year integrated M.Tech. in Geological Technology||Geology and Geophysics|
† The candidates belonging to Physics discipline selected for the BARC Training School at Mumbai will be allotted either Physics or Radiological Safety & Environmental Science as their Training Scheme and those selected for the BARC Training School at IGCAR will be allotted Reactor Physics as their Training Scheme.
‡ The candidates belonging to Chemistry discipline selected for the BARC Training School at Mumbai will be allotted either Chemistry or Radiological Safety & Environmental Science as their Training Scheme and those selected for the Training school at IGCAR will pursue Nuclear Fuel Cycle Chemistry in the Training School.
# Radiological Safety & Environmental Science (RSES) is not a separate discipline but an additional Training Scheme option for candidates in Nuclear Engineering, Physics and Chemistry.
Eligibility Criteria for BARC OCES/DGFS-2020:
Academic eligibility requirements are uniformly applicable to candidates of all categories (GEN, OBC, SC, ST, PWD, etc.).
A. Qualifying Degrees and Other Academic Requirements for OCES/DGFS-2020:
For Biosciences Discipline (code BS):
- M.Sc. in Agriculture, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Molecular Biology, Biotechnology, Genetics, Botany, Zoology, Plant Science, Plant Breeding, Plant Pathology, Entomology, Food Technology, Animal Science, Life Sciences, Biomedical Sciences and Biosciences with a minimum of 60%* aggregate marks in M.Sc. as well as in B.Sc. (except for 5-year integrated M.Sc.); or B.E. / B.Tech. / B.Sc. (Tech) only in Food Technology with minimum of 60%* aggregate marks.
- M.Sc. applicants should have studied one out of Physics or Chemistry or Biochemistry or Agriculture Chemistry as a subject at the B.Sc. stage or at subsidiary and / or ancillary level in case of 5- year integrated M.Sc.
- Applicants opting to be considered on the basis of a GATE Score should have a valid GATE-2019 or GATE-2020 Score in ‘Life Sciences’ or in ‘Biotechnology’.
- Those having M.Sc. with specialization in subjects like Fisheries, Horticulture, Forestry, Agronomy, Animal Husbandry, Marine Biology, Bioanalytical Sciences, Bioinformatics and Home Science etc and B.E. / B.Tech. / M.Tech. in Biotechnology / Genetic Engineering / Biomedical Engineering are NOT eligible
- Those having M.Sc. (by research) or Ph.D. are not eligible.
*A minimum of 60% aggregate marks means the marks as per the ordinances of the respective university.
B. Admission to DGFS:
- Candidates having a qualifying degree in Physics (PH) and who meet the corresponding eligibility criteria listed above are eligible to apply for DGFS provided they are selected for OCES-2020 and additionally secure admission for M.Tech./ M.Chem.Engg. starting in the academic year 2020 in select Institutes and in specializations listed in Table-3.
- Confirmation of M.Tech./M.Chem.Engg. admission should be communicated by July 4, 2020.
- Securing admission in one of the valid M. Tech. specializations at one of the DGFS Institutes along with Selection for OCES, does not guarantee the award of a DGFS Fellowship as DGFS is offered as per the needs of DAE’s programs and only to the most meritorious candidates as per Selection Interview performance.
C. Age Limit (Age as on August 1, 2020) for BARC OCES/DGFS-2020:
- General Category – 26 years,
- OBC-29 years,
- SC/ST–31 years,
- Dependents of those who died in the riots of 1984 (Dep1984) -31 years,
- Persons domiciled in Kashmir Division of Jammu & Kashmir State from 01/01/1980 to 31/12/1989 (Dom Kashmir) –31 years,
Physically Challenged (PWD) candidates of all categories are eligible for additional age relaxation of 10 years.
D. Nationality: Applicant must be a citizen of India.
E. Applicants working in Central or State Governments or their Units / PSUs / Aided Institutes should produce a No Objection Certificate (NOC) from their organization at the time of Selection Interview, failing which they may not be interviewed.
F. Application Fee for BARC OCES/DGFS-2020:
- A non-refundable Application Fee of ₹500 is chargeable from the male applicants belonging to General and OBC categories.
- Woman candidates, candidates belonging to SC/ST, Dependents of Defence Personnel Killed in Action (DODPKIA) and Physically Challenged candidates are exempted from payment of Application Fee.
- Application fee has to be paid online.
Candidates awaiting final results and/or due to appear for GATE-2020, may also apply.
If selected, candidates who are eligible in all other respects but are awaiting final results will be allowed to commence course work. However, retention of these candidates in the OCES or DGFS programs is subject to the mark-sheet of their final result, which meets the eligibility requirements of the OCES/ DGFS-2020 program, being submitted by Nov 30, 2020 in case of OCES TSOs and as per the requirement of the concerned DGFS Institutes in the case of DGFS Fellows.
Grade And Pay Scale for BARC OCES/DGFS-2020:
Appointment in all the units shall be as a Scientific Officer ‘C’ (SO/C) in the Level 10 – ₹ 56,100 of the 7th Central Pay Commission Pay Matrix
Appointment will be at the beginning of the pay scale with OCES TSOs getting two or three increments depending on their performance during the OCES program and the DGFS Fellows getting three or four increments depending on their performance in M. Tech. / M. Chem. Engg. and four-month Orientation Course for DGFS Fellows (OCDF).
DGFS Fellows whose performance in the M.Tech. / M.Chem.Engg. and OCDF programs is below a specified threshold will get zero increments.
Monthly emoluments (with three increments) at the time of joining including Dearness Allowance, House Rent Allowance and Transport Allowance at the present Mumbai rate, will be approximately ₹94,000.
In addition, other Allowances such as Leave Travel Concession by air, every year up to first eight years (subject to conditions) and once in two years thereafter, Children’s Education Allowance and Professional Update Allowance are also payable.
A comprehensive Contributory Health Service Scheme or equivalent for employees and their dependent family members is also available at all DAE Units.
How to Apply for BARC OCES/DGFS-2020: Only Online Applications will be accepted.
- Candidates have to fill up the Online Application form provided on the website www.barconlineexam.in.
- Candidates need to register through ‘Apply Online’ link by providing essential information like name, mother’s name, date of birth, e-mail id and a preferred login id. It may be noted that the details provided at this stage cannot be modified later on, and hence the candidates are advised to be careful in entering the details.
- Upon successful registration, the candidates can activate their account either through the OTP sent to their registered mobile number or through the Activation link sent to the candidates’ registered email id.
- Once the candidate’s account is activated, he/she can subsequently log in multiple times through ‘Candidate’s Login’ link to fill in the Online Application form.
- While filling the form, the candidates are required to upload their recent passport sized photograph (4.5×3.5cm) in JPG format (of size not more than 50 kb) and a scanned copy of their signature (2×4.5cm, in JPG format with size not exceeding 20 kb).
- After filling in all the required details, the candidates who are required to pay the Application Fee (₹500 plus applicable bank charges) may make Online payment using netbanking / debit card / credit card. On clicking on the “Make Payment” button in the payment page, the candidate is taken to the SBI Payment Gateway through which they can pay the application fee using any of the payment modes listed above. If the payment is successful, the candidates can proceed to final submission stage and complete their application. The candidates must make the payment of Application Fee only once and no requests for refund of Application Fee will be entertained from any candidate.
- Finally, the candidates need to submit the filled form. Please note that no modifications/alterations would be permitted in the application form after final submission. Hence the candidates are advised to verify the correctness and adequacy of the information filled by them before the final submission. It is to be noted that only applications where ‘Final Submission’ process has been completed before the last date will be considered valid applications.Candidates have the following options available:
- “Final Submission” – On clicking this button, the details of the candidate are submitted and a Registration Number is generated for the candidate.
- If the candidate wishes to do some modification before final submission, he / she is advised to click the “Home” link provided on the top of the page. However, it must be noted that the candidate must click the “Final Submission” button after the modification.
- A unique Registration Number will be generated for every candidate who has completed the Final Submission process, which must be used for all future correspondence.
- The candidates who wish to apply for screening on the basis of GATE-2020 Score are required to fill in their GATE details after declaration of the GATE results, whereas those wishing to apply on the basis of a GATE-2019 Score must upload their GATE Score during the Application Process. Applicants with a GATE-2020 Score must register and fill in all details relevant to the admission process, prior to the declaration of GATE-2020 results, and before the last date (February 4, 2020) for the same. No new applications, on the basis of a GATE-2020 score or otherwise will be accepted after February 4, 2020. Once the GATE-2020 results are declared, these candidates are allowed to upload their GATE score and GATE marks on this portal for a limited period of time. Candidates must enter their GATE score and GATE marks carefully.Note: Candidates need not send any documents such as proof of age, proof of category, proof of application fee payment etc. or hard copy application now.
- BARC – DGFS/OCES -2020 Flow chart & Instructions for Registration
Note: From Candidate Home, candidate can proceed to each successive stage of registration. After completion of each stage, he/she can also switch over and edit the previous stages , till the final submission is made.
Once Final Submission stage is completed, no further modification is possible.
Process & Instructions for BARC OCES/DGFS-2020:
Application Procedure: 7 Simple Steps (Primary Stage, Activation, Personal Information, Academic Information, Screening information, Payment Stage, Final Submission) to be followed to apply online
|Step 1:||Primary stage:|
In this first stage of registration, the candidates need to choose the Applied Discipline (ie. Examination Discipline) and Qualifying Degree. The candidate also must enter other primary details like: Name, Mother’s Name, DOB, Email ID, Mobile number, etc. The candidate should create a Unique Login Id and Password (These credentials will be used to proceed to the next stage).Note : Candidates must note that the details entered in the Primary stage cannot be altered later on and that all communication will be sent only to the registered email address and mobile number.
After completion of Primary stage, an OTP will be sent to candidate’s registered mobile number and an Activation link will be sent to the registered E-mail id. Candidate can activate his/her application either by clicking that link or by using the “Activate through OTP” option in the portal. The candidate can proceed further after the activation of application.
|Step 3:||Personal Information:|
After activation of application, the candidate can login through ‘Candidate Login’ with the registered User id and password. After logging in, the candidate should fill his/her Personal details like: Category, Address, etc and also do Photo & Signature Upload.
|Step 4:||Academic Information :|
In this section, the candidate has to enter his/her Academic details like: 10th, 12th, relevant degree details and Additional Qualifications (if applicable).
|Step 5:||Screening Information:|
After completion of Academic Information, the candidate can proceed to the next stage where he/she can choose the channel through which he/she would prefer to be considered, ie. Online examination or GATE. A candidate can opt for both channels also.In this stage, the candidate also can furnish his Examination centre choices. If the candidate has chosen GATE as the screening channel, he has to enter the GATE score and upload his Score card while applying in the case of candidates applying with a GATE-2019 score and by April 1, 2020 in the case of candidates applying on the basis of a GATE-2020 score.Note: If the candidate enters his/her GATE score wrongly, he/she may not be shortlisted based on GATE screening channel. In GATE score column, the candidate has to enter his/her score out of 1000.
Candidates who are required to make an Application Fee Payment can pay the fees through the URL given in the Payment Stage. Payment can be done only through SBI Payment Gateway. There is no refund for candidates who make multiple payment.Candidates, who are exempted from paying fees can directly proceed to the Final Submission.
|Step 7:||Final Submission:|
Once all the other stages are completed, the candidate should make the Final Submission to complete the Registration. The candidate should make sure that all the information entered in the previous stages are correct, as no modification in application can be made after making Final Submission. After this stage, a Registration Number will be generated for the candidate. Candidates will be able to view and print their application also.
Important Dates for BARC OCES/DGFS-2020:
(All dates are tentative and applicants must regularly visit this website for updates)
|Launching of Online Application Portal for OCES/DGFS-2020||06th January, 2020|
|Last date for Online Application||3rd February, 2020|
|Online Test||13th – 19th March, 2020|
|Last date for candidates to upload their GATE-2020 score||1st April, 2020|
|Display of List of candidates short-listed for Interview on Online Application Portal||15th April, 2020|
|Availability based option on Online Application Portal to select Interview Slot for qualified candidates||17th – 21st April, 2020|
|Selection Interviews||14th May – 13th June, 2020|
|Display of List of Candidates finally selected for OCES2020 on Online Application Portal||Last week of June, 2020|
|Last Date for Selected OCES-2020 Candidates desirous of DGFS to give details of M.Tech/ M.Chem.Engg. admission in a DGFS institute||5th July, 2020|
|Declaration of List of Persons Selected for DGFS-2020 on Online Application Portal||2nd week of July, 2020|
View Notification Below
Editor’s Note: BARC OCES/DGFS-2020 Notification, BARC OCES/DGFS-2020 Recruitment, BARC OCES/DGFS-2020 Exam For Scientific Officers Recruitment. Check out the Biotecnika Times Newsletter and also, check out the Podcast that we have for free listen on SoundCloud.